Renault R8 Gordini '66

full

Dragon Trail - Gardens

Steward's Comments:

Good job everyone!

Cheers,

OLR Team.

Sharing Your Replay:
  • Go to Your Library, locate your Submitted Best Lap Replay, and share it using the in game menu features.
  • Be sure to share your replay PUBLICLY for verification, so that any member may find it.
  • When sharing your replay this week, please use the following share tags to make your replay easy for other members to locate
    • gtpwrs077, essentials, pineapple
This thread will be listed as "Provisional" and will become "Official" once all posted replays have been verified.
Disqualification isn't taken lightly within the WRS.

Drivers who do not have a submitted lap posted in the results are not to post any information related to a laptime they might have achieved in the results thread. Any such posts will have the times removed.

Division 1:

1---2'06.163---GTP_DTM (Verified)
greenflag-gif.152575

2---2'06.325---Mysteron71 (Verified)
greenflag-gif.152575

3---2'06.512---turnupdaheat (Verified)
greenflag-gif.152575

4---2'07.094-R-JOJAICHO (Verified)
greenflag-gif.152575

5---2'07.174-R-BadGuyCaligula (Verified)
greenflag-gif.152575

6---2'07.327---GTP_EDK
7---2'07.356---shoenboggie
8---2'07.773---GTP_Roamer2629

Division 2:

1---2'07.997---routergod24 (Verified)
greenflag-gif.152575

2---2'08.374---GTP_RACECAR (Verified)
greenflag-gif.152575

Division 3:

1---2'07.870---access_raider (Verified)
greenflag-gif.152575

2---2'09.157---Gnome_V8 (Verified)
greenflag-gif.152575

3---2'09.511---Karminio_79 (Verified)
greenflag-gif.152575

4---2'09.917-R-mattinahat99 (Verified)
greenflag-gif.152575

5---2'11.445-R-SuperMegaGeek (Verified)
greenflag-gif.152575

full

Overall Results:

1---2'06.163---GTP_DTM r=0.952 (d1/-0.297)

>> Division 1: Par: 2'06.215 Gold: 2'06.577 Silver: 2'06.981 Bronze: 2'07.424
2---2'06.325---Mysteron71 r=1.101 (d1/0.261)
3---2'06.512---turnupdaheat r=1.273 (d1/0.031)
4---2'07.094-R-JOJAICHO r=1.752 (d1/0.000)
5---2'07.174-R-BadGuyCaligula r=1.812 (d1/0.229)
6---2'07.327---GTP_EDK r=1.927 (d1/0.399)
7---2'07.356---shoenboggie r=1.949 (d1/0.157)

>> Division 2: Par: 2'07.425 Gold: 2'07.969 Silver: 2'08.575 Bronze: 2'09.241
8---2'07.773---GTP_Roamer2629 r=2.213 (d2/0.533)
9---2'07.870---access_raider r=2.273 (d2/-1.401)
10--2'07.997---routergod24 r=2.349 (d2/0.336)
11--2'08.374---GTP_RACECAR r=2.556 (d2/0.349)

12--2'09.157---Gnome_V8 r=2.958 (d2/-0.136)

>> Division 3: Par: 2'09.242 Gold: 2'09.968 Silver: 2'10.775 Bronze: 2'11.662
13--2'09.511---Karminio_79 r=3.124 (d3/-0.426)
14--2'09.917-R-mattinahat99 r=3.310 (d3/0.000)
15--2'11.445-R-SuperMegaGeek r=3.918 (d3/0.000)

full

Handicapped Results:

1---2'05.218---(-1.40074)---access_raider
2---2'08.524---(-0.42572)---Karminio_79

3---2'08.959---(-0.29743)---GTP_DTM
4---2'09.507---(-0.13570)---Gnome_V8
5---2'10.073---(0.03104)---turnupdaheat
6---2'10.500---(0.15710)---shoenboggie
7---2'10.854---(0.26149)---Mysteron71

8---2'11.107---(0.33615)---routergod24
9---2'11.151---(0.34890)---GTP_RACECAR

10--2'11.319---(0.39866)---GTP_EDK
11--2'11.774---(0.53284)---GTP_Roamer2629

(Settings: Weight = 1.000 Squeeze = 1.974 Scoot = 0.283)

greenflag-gif.152575
shows that the replay has been posted and verified.
redflag-gif.152574
shows that the submitted lap turned out to be dirty or doubtful.
blackflag-gif.152573
shows that the replay has was found to be invalid.

Replay Checking:

1. It is customary for all participants of the WRS to verify each others submitted replays
  2. Once you have checked the replay, post in this thread to say that you have checked it and whether it's clean, dirty or doesn't meet the required race specifications
  3. When verifying a replay, check against this weeks race specification, check that the tyres are the correct compound and that the power and weight is correct for example
  4. If you are unsure about a replay, always seek a second opinion before posting

Last edited:
Well that sucks, my submission didn't go through. :banghead:

Congrats to all podiums and division winners. :cheers:

Last edited:
Well that sucks, my submission didn't go through. :banghead:
I don't actually see you having sent a PM in the PM log for the Fetchbot.

Any idea what happened?

EDK
I don't actually see you having sent a PM in the PM log for the Fetchbot.

Any idea what happened?
I think finger trouble from my side if I'm honest. My submission looks like it didn't send at all. Perhaps i was too quick to exit the conversation before checking it had actually been sent.:banghead:

Lesson learnt but still disappointing.

Anyway, onto week 78.:cheers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats to @DTM and @Mr P. Nice times gents. Well done also @routergod24 on the D2 win and to @bigdawg_351 for the D3 and Handicapped wins.

Really enjoyed the combo but only had limited time to run it in the latter half of the week so, as I suspected it might, my time from Wednesday remained on the board.

Submittled lap and the following are all green!

Gnome_v8
greenflag-gif.152575

turnupdaheat
greenflag-gif.152575

Routergod24
greenflag-gif.152575

Thanks for the check. 👍

Edit: Just after I posted this I read the sad news of Niki Lauda's passing. RIP an absolute legend of the sport.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot @turnupdaheat congrats to you too with a overall podium and @BGCaligula :cheers:

:eek: wow never expected to win by that margin. What happen Ron in that last sector? I know you said the nerves but still. I know how you feel. Got the same with my second sector. Maybe therefor my 3th was so good, because the nerves were gone after seeing that 2nd sector.

Congrats to all podiums and everybody who reached their goal 👍

hey that looks cool all the numbers at the end! where should I go to get detailed explanation of what they are/how they're calculated?

DTM - your time has blown my mind! (and everyone else's times too tbh). I'll be studying your replay that's for sure as I think I can learn a lot.

Hello, sorry if I'm being really dull but which replays should I be looking at? Does everybody verify everybody's replay? Or just pick one that hasn't been done yet?

I'll share mine later tonight when I get back from work, and definitely need to learn from the others. Looks like @SuperMegaGeek and I are going to be battling it out for the fastest Rookie!

Thanks for being so welcoming, can't wait to give Week 78 a go :)

Sorry, one other question, the `par` times - how are they calculated? Is this derived from stats from the Gran Turismo leaderboards?

...spot the total newbie to sim racing

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello, sorry if I'm being really dull but which replays should I be looking at? Does everybody verify everybody's replay? Or just pick one that hasn't been done yet?
Yes, any replay that has "Replay Verify Required" in the results needs to be posted by the participant and checked. We use the tagging system to make them easy to find. Share your own replay and be sure to use the tag 'gtpwrs077'.

The leaderboard keeps track of which replays have been verified, which need to be checked, and which drivers do not require a replay check.

http://wrs.gtplanet.net/GTSport/results/77/

Those with this image at the far right still need a check.
icon_replay_needed.png

Sorry, one other question, the `par` times - how are they calculated? Is this derived from stats from the Gran Turismo leaderboards?
It's a combination of the typical performance for drivers of a given division, the actual results of the participants, and the range of time from participants.

We are just rolling up all the data points to establish it.

"Par" is actually the top time for a given division, the next one thousandth of a second faster is in the bronze range of the next division up.

DTM
:eek: wow never expected to win by that margin. What happen Ron in that last sector? I know you said the nerves but still. I know how you feel. Got the same with my second sector. Maybe therefor my 3th was so good, because the nerves were gone after seeing that 2nd sector.

Congrats on the win Dennis 👍 and well done to all Podiums finishers! :cheers:

This was my first real attempts at racing this track and obviously I was doing the last part all wrong 👎 I did say my last section was slower by a few tenths... but damn it was super sloooooooowwwwww! Embarrassingly not happy at all with my result this week :embarrassed::ouch:

Will share my replay on psn as soon as I boot the game again.. WD all :cheers:

EDK
Yes, any replay that has "Replay Verify Required" in the results needs to be posted by the participant and checked. We use the tagging system to make them easy to find. Share your own replay and be sure to use the tag 'gtpwrs077'.

The leaderboard keeps track of which replays have been verified, which need to be checked, and which drivers do not require a replay check.

http://wrs.gtplanet.net/GTSport/results/77/

Those with this image at the far right still need a check.
icon_replay_needed.png

It's a combination of the typical performance for drivers of a given division, the actual results of the participants, and the range of time from participants.

We are just rolling up all the data points to establish it.

"Par" is actually the top time for a given division, the next one thousandth of a second faster is in the bronze range of the next division up.
thanks for the explanation and how is it determined? Edit: got it, must be best sectors posted put together?
and what about r and the other number after d/
hope you don't mind ahah

Last edited:
Congrats on the win Dennis 👍 and well done to all Podiums finishers! :cheers:

This was my first real attempts at racing this track and obviously I was doing the last part all wrong 👎 I did say my last section was slower by a few tenths... but damn it was super sloooooooowwwwww! Embarrassingly not happy at all with my result this week :embarrassed::ouch:

Will share my replay on psn as soon as I boot the game again.. WD all :cheers:

I feel your pain mate. It was my first time too. I didn't even knew there was another lay out of this track :lol:. Forget about it and up to the next. :cheers:

JOJAICHO
greenflag-gif.152575

routergod24
greenflag-gif.152575

GTP_RACECAR
greenflag-gif.152575

Cheers Dennis will try and find the urge to race again asap but this one stings! :lol: did you notice in the splits page I was leading by .162 and you beat me at the line by .162 .. how mad is that? you took my T2 advantage and doubled it exactly in your own favour by the line haha :D Nice work :cheers:

thanks for the explanation and how is it determined? Edit: got it, must be best sectors posted put together?
and what about r and the other number after d/
hope you don't mind ahah
Let's try and up the grammar standard here, please. Check the second bullet of our AUP.

https://www.gtplanet.net/aup/

It really is not as complicated as you are making it out to be. The lap times drive the handicapping system, and it's only designed to appropriately place you in a division where you can compete against others of similar ability. The number that matters is your actual handicap performance (in your case this week, 1.752, which falls within D1 Bronze).

We use the handicap results from your first 3 verified events to determine your initial division placement (events for which you post your replay and it's found to be clean).

The registry with divisions is shown here, and you will get a notification from this thread when your division placement happens.

DTM
I feel your pain mate. It was my first time too. I didn't even knew there was another lay out of this track :lol:. Forget about it and up to the next. :cheers:
I removed the bold tags from your post that were surrounding the driver names. I realize it's easy to copy/paste from the OP of the thread, but that's a side effect. Fetchy doesn't like the bold. He's more of a medium roast kind of guy. :lol:

DTM - your time has blown my mind! (and everyone else's times too tbh). I'll be studying your replay that's for sure as I think I can learn a lot.

Thank you. I will check your replay too. Maybe I can give you some tips :cheers:

Cheers Dennis will try and find the urge to race again asap but this one stings! :lol: did you notice in the splits page I was leading by .162 and you beat me at the line by .162 .. how mad is that? you took my T2 advantage and doubled it exactly in your own favour by the line haha :D Nice work :cheers:

I noticed and I was very concerned when your new wheel arrived and came up with those phenomenal splits. Once you posted your last spilts, I thought I lost that one although I knew my last sector was good. That 49 dead I saw maybe twice and one of it was in the right lap, in the end. I some 49.1's and a lot of 49,2's. So I assumed you was on the same pace and was hoping you had a average last sector and that I could sneak out with a win of a hundredth or lost it on a few hundredth. When you said last night your last sector was bad I had a feeling I could win it, before that I had not a good feeling about it.

Don't tell me your not participating at you home track Brands Hatch. You have to break in your new wheel :gtpflag:

Sorry Kev will think about it the next time :cheers: I'm just the copy/paste king :lol:

I've uploaded my replay and had a look at DTMs lap. Wow that hairpin! I didn't realise the "extra" bit of red striped rumble on the hairpin exit also counted as track.

It all looks fine to me presuming the hairpin is ok. I won't green flag it officially just in case.

Great lap! Congratulations :)

Also, what an amazing car. Might do some more tracks with this one.

DTM
Don't tell me your not participating at you home track Brands Hatch. You have to break in your new wheel :gtpflag:

No I wont be racing this one will come back in a few weeks maybe.. have fun 👍

I've uploaded my replay and had a look at DTMs lap. Wow that hairpin! I didn't realise the "extra" bit of red striped rumble on the hairpin exit also counted as track.

It all looks fine to me presuming the hairpin is ok. I won't green flag it officially just in case.
That's my fault.

I did not intend for that section to be excluded from the track boundaries, but I also did not call it out in the OP. This is only the second time we've run here, and we did not call out that section the first time, either. But in that case, they were entry rumbles in the reverse track direction.

All I can say is, if there's ever a question about any surface or track section as to whether it is or is not track, please ask.

I can see how someone would look at that and say "That's not blue and white rumble strip, there's orange on it".

But I also don't think you can have 3 or 4 wheels on the orange bits, so you would still have at least 2 wheels on the blue/black and white stuff, until you get to the red stuff behind the rumble.

You're new, so you would not know any different. But I also had a participant who is not new ask me about the same section on PM.

That means it was probably too ambiguous, and had I been asked about it during the week, I would have clarified in the thread and the OP.

It's done now, the week is baked. But I am not going to DQ folks over something that was not explicitly called out.

EDK
You're new, so you would not know any different. But I also had a participant who is not new ask me about the same section on PM.

That means it was probably too ambiguous, and had I been asked about it during the week, I would have clarified in the thread and the OP.

It's done now, the week is baked. But I am not going to DQ folks over something that was not explicitly called out.

I am the one who sent the pm as I didn't like the boundaries when I saw the replays unfortunately.. I'm not going to hide away from admitting it was me but thought it best to send it to a mod instead at the time just incase it was allowed, I don't want to make a big debate I just had to quiz it as I binned plenty of laps going that wide .. Still was a great combo WD all :cheers:

Reactions: EDK
EDK
Let's try and up the grammar standard here, please. Check the second bullet of our AUP.

https://www.gtplanet.net/aup/

It really is not as complicated as you are making it out to be. The lap times drive the handicapping system, and it's only designed to appropriately place you in a division where you can compete against others of similar ability. The number that matters is your actual handicap performance (in your case this week, 1.752, which falls within D1 Bronze).

We use the handicap results from your first 3 verified events to determine your initial division placement (events for which you post your replay and it's found to be clean).

The registry with divisions is shown here, and you will get a notification from this thread when your division placement happens.

I removed the bold tags from your post that were surrounding the driver names. I realize it's easy to copy/paste from the OP of the thread, but that's a side effect. Fetchy doesn't like the bold. He's more of a medium roast kind of guy. :lol:
Alright I will use capital letters like a good boy.. I am under the impression though that there was a misunderstanding about the 'r' and the 'd/' which is how the actual numbers are designated.. Because rereading my post, I find my grammar decent.. or is it... Please bear in mind that everybody isn't necessarily a native English speaker. Thanks again for all the explaining, helping out, and simply having me here.

Latest Posts

Back