'70 Dodge Charger Drag Race Tune (SSR7)

• Thread starter T-Unit95
  • 3 comments
Xbox Sucks!
Muscle Cars have been designed to be fast and intimidating but without some serious tuning, they only go 200km/h. Compare that to the Bugatti Veyron; The fastest road car in production. 408km/h (253mp/h). Thats like, twice as much as your typical 1960s muscle.

This would give you a vauge idea that in the tunnels of Special Stage Route 7, it would be better to show up in a shiny yellow Lambo than a big American vintage.

This below tune is not the fastest one on the market but for those who want to keep the classics alive, this ones for you. I forgot it's top speed but it should be around 330km/h and hits the redline just before the end of the SSR7 tunnel.

Now first, you're going to wanna buy a '70 Dodge Charger. They can be found at the New Car Dealership at a rather affordable price. Next we go to GT Auto

GT Auto

• Car Wash
  • Oil Change
  • Wheels
  • Areo Parts
  • Race Mods

All of the above are optional but if you think you need it, get it.

Now we go to the tuning shop. The parts are not sorted but you should know what category they belong in

Parts Shop

• Stage 3 Weight Reduction
  • Window Weight Reduction
  • Carbon Bonnet
  • Stage 3 Engine
  • Sports ECU
  • Sports Intake Manifold
  • Racing Air Filter
  • Sports Exaust Manifold
  • Catalystic Converter
  • Titanium Exaust
  • Supercharger
  • 5 Speed Close Ratio Transmission
  • Customizible Transmission
  • Clutch: Twin Plate
  • Flywheel: Race (Semi race or whatever)
  • Customizible LSD (Optional)
  • Carbon Propeller Shaft
  • Customizible Suspension
  • Race Soft Tyres (Depends on personal choice)

Now for the fun part. Fine tuning the suspension and gear ratios

Full Customizible Transmission:

First set the maximum speed slider to 370

Now set the gear ratios accordingly

1. 2.424
2. 1.480
3. 0.981
4. 0.708
5. 0.485
Final. 4.356

Finding the ideal ratios was an ordeal but it hits the redline just before the end of the Special Stage Route 7 tunnel

The suspension tuning is not all that important. Like the GT Auto stuff it all depends on what you want. Besides, I always thought that the lower the car is, the better it corners and accelerates.

Ride Height (mm): -25 both front and rear
Spring Rate (kgf/m): (F: 15.5 R: 15.0)
Dampers Extention: 4 both front and rear
Dampers Compression: 2 both front and rear
Anti Roll Bars: 1 both front and rear

At the end, you should have these below specs:

Power: 770bhp @ 5400rpm
Torque: 109kgfm @ 4900rpm
Weight: 1398kg
Power Points: 590

Thats how it turned out in my case but if yours are a little bit off, thats fine. This tune has been made for Special Stage Route 7 but it should run okay on other tracks.

And one more thing, this is my first tune so don't be too harsh on me 👍

I hope you liked it :)

I can see two very large issues with both gearing and suspension... Review your final drive (and as a result all individual gears) and your entire suspension setup.

I can see two very large issues with both gearing and suspension... Review your final drive (and as a result all individual gears) and your entire suspension setup.

I adjusted the final gear to match the Max Speed Slider. As for the individual ratios, I adjusted them going by a basic law:

Higher Ratios = Quicker acceleration.

Latest Posts

Back