A second paint bucket...

Netherlands
Utrecht
YukinoSuzuka
I played hours with it... the second paint bucket by painting the Corvette C6 RM race car in GT5. To be honoust, I don't know if the second paint bucket is still there in GT6, but when I red that the Aston Martin will loose his colour scheme by painting it, I thought about this feature.

I think there should/could be a bright variety of cars in GT6 that can be painted in 2 colours, hopefully with a racing number attached to it also. And if a car dosn't have the character for a two-tone colour scheme (not all cars look better with 2 different colors) then you should have the ability to choose your own striping + colors. Somewhere we've seen on the MX5's, but editable.

- All RM or Base models
- All VGT'S (? the Volkswagen doesn't need a second colour, the Mitsubishi would be very interesting with a editable second paint bucket.)
- VW Beetle 66
- VW Samba
- Suzuki Cappuccino
- Dodge Viper (SRT)
- Corvette C1 and C3
- Bugatti Veyron
- Any other cars I forgot?

Edit ; I staterd GT5 again, and where was my 2nd paint bucket by repainting the Corvette? Was it ever there ? I think I have played with one bucket at a time and it was just the good livery on the car that challenged me time after time. I really had the memories of making the car yellow & puple or Orange & black. Sorry for the crap i've talked about. I hope my 2nd paint bucket-idea still stands ?? :-)

Last edited:
Every car is different. So the second paint bucket would change different cars on their own way.

For example. The 2nd paint bucket could be used to give a car some contrast, like the Mitsubishi VGT with that original styled details thats red, black or silver. I want to paint that in the colour I want. Now I get red details on that car when I paint it yellow, but I'm curious how aggresive it will look with the same detail in pitch black or a very white paint-chip. Also the Megane RS base model, I see a high potential for this car with a second colour on the front wing, mirrors, RS striping and rear wing.

Then you've also the cars with a good character to give them a real two-tone colour scheme, like the Samba Van and the Veyron ofcourse.

And finally you've cars that just need a little touch with striping and maybe the side mirrors in another colour. The Honda Crz for example needs a little touch in my opinion, just to play with colours and striping. I would begin with a matte paint chip for the whole car and high gloss striping and side mirrors.

Back