About equalizing cars and different categories

Italy
Naples
MarchingSaint
Hey there, been wondering if it was possible to balance all the LMP prototypes to a certain level (like the quick race settings for the lmp race at fuji) and if it was possible to do that for other categories; is adding weight enough? do you think it's possible to put on the same ground cars as GT3 with gt300 models? I'd like to hear your opinions and maybe edit this first post to make a good quick reference post

I can't remember where it was, but if you play around with weight (ballast), engine power and PP figures so that they are all the same(ish) then the performance does tend to be similar.

Matching one of the 3 doesn't work, but the closer you get all three the more similar the performance TENDS to be. Not always accurate, but 9 times out of 10 they will have very similar lap times

I can't remember where it was, but if you play around with weight (ballast), engine power and PP figures so that they are all the same(ish) then the performance does tend to be similar.

Matching one of the 3 doesn't work, but the closer you get all three the more similar the performance TENDS to be. Not always accurate, but 9 times out of 10 they will have very similar lap times
I do realize there are HEAVY differences in the engine factor, but i think that even in real life cars that should be the same in the context of power and performances, simply aren't (i.e the GT3 z8, R35, R8 are each one different from another but are tuned to compete together)

Well first thing you'd want to do is to actually set those LMP, an Group C cars to their listed power levels from the showroom, I did that to all of my race cars as that monstrous power boost they get is utterly ridiculous. Once you do that then you can gauge performance and tailor them to be quite close to one another. They will all never be equal simply as that doesn't happen in real life either, but you can get them relatively close as long as you can handle each one's quirks and nuances.

I have built up a garage of about 13 GT3 level street cars all running the weight of 1350kgs and no one over 592Hp and all must reach 580pp with that weight limit and also all cars must have a rear spoiler and flat bottom attached(without cars don't reach the PP limit and will top out the hp figures as have strange top ends). Thing is I run everyone of them on sport hard tires as for me these are the best racing tires anything else is a bit overly grippy. I ran all the cars on Red Bull Ring and they all performed around the same going around the course getting within two seconds from fastest to slowest. There were some eye openers like the Camaro '10 which is one very solid machine and the M3 '07 which is faster than it actually feels. I had to eliminate a couple of cars because they were way too fast for their power, Ford GT '05 and MP4-12C MR cars are just incredible but these two are at least two seconds faster than the fastest FR cars. Not sure why but it's actually fun to tune as I was readying myself for GT6 eventual community update so I can run a street car GT3 spec series, but it will only work if the rules are very detailed down to the tuning allowed and parts that must be installed to enter to ensure that things fit within the limits.

Well first thing you'd want to do is to actually set those LMP, an Group C cars to their listed power levels from the showroom, I did that to all of my race cars as that monstrous power boost they get is utterly ridiculous. Once you do that then you can gauge performance and tailor them to be quite close to one another. They will all never be equal simply as that doesn't happen in real life either, but you can get them relatively close as long as you can handle each one's quirks and nuances.

I have built up a garage of about 13 GT3 level street cars all running the weight of 1350kgs and no one over 592Hp and all must reach 580pp with that weight limit and also all cars must have a rear spoiler and flat bottom attached(without cars don't reach the PP limit and will top out the hp figures as have strange top ends). Thing is I run everyone of them on sport hard tires as for me these are the best racing tires anything else is a bit overly grippy. I ran all the cars on Red Bull Ring and they all performed around the same going around the course getting within two seconds from fastest to slowest. There were some eye openers like the Camaro '10 which is one very solid machine and the M3 '07 which is faster than it actually feels. I had to eliminate a couple of cars because they were way too fast for their power, Ford GT '05 and MP4-12C MR cars are just incredible but these two are at least two seconds faster than the fastest FR cars. Not sure why but it's actually fun to tune as I was readying myself for GT6 eventual community update so I can run a street car GT3 spec series, but it will only work if the rules are very detailed down to the tuning allowed and parts that must be installed to enter to ensure that things fit within the limits.
did that too,the standard camarowith wings and rear spoiler even looks like its IRL GT3 counterpart but going back to the lmp, how much weight i should put on those group C monsters to make them a "fair"challange? or is it better to power up the newest?

The LMP cars @ Fuji quick race aren't very equalized I think. The Peugeot is the fastest and the Toyota is the slowest. The Audis are somewhere inbetween

The other factor is the trade-offs of each of the cars and categories.

Modern LMP's naturally have more advanced aero so I wouldn't punish the Group C cars too much on the power side although they likely need some penalty to cut down their top speeds.

If you reduce the power or add weight (or likely a combination of the two) and test them on at least two different types of track (for example a fast track and then a tight & twisty track) you should get them pretty dam close.

Can someone find which cars are in LMGT category? I believed I'll find cars like Ford GT LM, Corvette ZR-1 LM, RX-7/RX-8 LM, Viper GTS Team Oreca etc, but instead I find some very odd cars like McLaren F1 '94, 330 P4 (what???) etc...

did that too,the standard camarowith wings and rear spoiler even looks like its IRL GT3 counterpart but going back to the lmp, how much weight i should put on those group C monsters to make them a "fair"challange? or is it better to power up the newest?
These are the numbers I use not all of the numbers can be met in GT as I think sometimes the numbers get a little lost some cars are very close and others are off by a good deal.

• Sauber C9 '89 _____ 905kgs ___720bhp/729hp*
  • Peugeot Evo 1 Bis LM ______ 750kgs___ 670bhp/679hp
  • Nissan R89C ______ 980kgs ___800bhp/811hp
  • Jaguar XJR-9LM ______ 881kgs ___750bhp/760hp
  • Mazda 787B ______ 830kgs ____700bhp/709hp
  • Toyota GT-One ______ 900kgs____ 600bhp/608hp
  • Audi R8 '01 ______ 900kgs ____610bhp/619hp
  • Audi R8 '05 ______ 950kgs ____520bhp/527hp
  • Bentley Speed 8 _______ 900kgs ____615bhp/623hp
  • BMW V12 LMR ______ 900kgs ____580bhp/588hp
  • BMW McLaren GTR ______ 915kgs ____600bhp/608hp*
  • Pescarolo C60 '03 ______ 900kgs ____510bhp/517hp
  • Pescarolo C60-Judd '04 ______ 900kgs ____600bhp/608hp
  • Pescarolo C60 Hybrid '05 ______ 925kgs ____640bhp/656hp
  • Mercedes-Benz CLK-LM '98 ______ 940kgs ____600bhp/608hp*
  • Nissan R390 GT1 '98 ______ 1098kgs ____650bhp/658hp this might be incorrect weight, but the hp is close.

* These vehicle weights are impossible to get in GT6, in the case of the CLK-LM they have the weight of the CLK-GTR and not the CLK-LM. Yes the GTR is a different model from the LM, LM is the successor even though they look nearly identical.
I'm still looking up other cars like the Toyota Minolta 88C-V, Nissan R92CP as neither actually drove in LeMans, but they did drive in the Japanese Racing League during that time Suzuka 1000km.

Set which cars you can and then run them on a course like RBR and another high speed course and compare times, adding weight and tweaking power can help minimize the gulf in performance points. Although the Group C cars are pretty rough on tires, you should be able to get some closer performance out of them.

Can someone find which cars are in LMGT category? I believed I'll find cars like Ford GT LM, Corvette ZR-1 LM, RX-7/RX-8 LM, Viper GTS Team Oreca etc, but instead I find some very odd cars like McLaren F1 '94, 330 P4 (what???) etc...

What do you mean, the Race Modded cars from GT5 now LM in GT6 or tuned street cars?

Note: what on earth is up with formatting, it auto deletes spaces intentionally left there, is there some type of code to fix that? I made a workaround as I have no idea how to right now, mods, anyone?

Last edited:
What do you mean, the Race Modded cars from GT5 now LM in GT6 or tuned street cars?
Not only the Race Modded cars. There are cars like Corvette C5-R and 350Z LM that have also similar specs but they don't belong in LMGT category. Some cars in LMGT are very odd.

I guess the quick match events aren't very balanced but then again sometimes it's not the car it's the driver, the last event at Trial Mountain (GT500's?) was mostly GTR's from my experience so I chose the underdog the PETRONAS SC430 and won it. For fun pick the slower/underrated cars and show them who's boss 👍

Edit: Then again the Peugeot and Audi really dominate the LMP event :/

Not only the Race Modded cars. There are cars like Corvette C5-R and 350Z LM that have also similar specs but they don't belong in LMGT category. Some cars in LMGT are very odd.
Those cars one of which is made up by PD for the year that it is listed under those regulations. The C5-R is from the GTS class of ALMS. Remember to pay attention to the years, then you'd have to look up the car itself. PD models one of the many chassis that teams tend to have, also teams had a qualifying car which was different from the race prepped vehicle. Not sure if they still allow unrestricted running for qualifying but some cars have weird hp numbers and weights.
Just look up the car, the 350Z LM and Fairlady Z LM have no real world counterpart that I am aware of. I'll search for the car if you'd like and see what I turn up.

Back