• Thread starter Dennisch
  • 9 comments

Dennisch

Humongous member
Premium
Netherlands
Hilversum
Dennisch
Whenever I want to post anything in an edit, when I already have a picture in my post I can only add things to the post above the picture, not beneath, because when I try it removes the picture. My phone selects it as an object and then it is gone unless I cancel my edit.

I'm on a Z2 Xperia with Chrome.

Does it remain in the "attachments" and can you then reinsert them all with the "Insert Every Image As..." button?

Not ideal I know but maybe a workaround.

EveryImage.JPG

Have you tried "clicking" to the right of the picture, then inserting a new line?

Is this a phone posting problem only?

Going to try it myself.

First I'm going to post a random photo

Then I'm going to edit and try to add a text below the photo.

This photo is copied directly from the internet.

iu

EDIT: this text is added

This photo is added using photobucket

EDIT: This text is also added.

I've had issues in the past where GTP says it uploads but the image thumbnail won't show and won't put them in the post.

Have you tried "clicking" to the right of the picture, then inserting a new line?

That's when Chrome removes the picture. It doesn't leave any space to click on the right side.

I use chrome on iOS and have had the same issue, I found hitting the wrench in the top right that takes you to the text editor mode for the post solves the issue. When editing goto more options than hit the wrench and all the bb code become visible and its effects go away. Than I just have the issue if moving my cursor have to exit my key board than pick the spot to goto then I can edit as needed. Bb code is easy to use just takes a few more keystrokes to type it in.

Screenshot_2014-12-08-01-23-00.png
Screenshot_2014-12-08-01-23-14.png

In the first image I have my 'cursor' before the image. In the second I placed it after the image and then it dissapeared. I hope this makes it a bit more clear on what is happening. I'll try a different browser to see if it happens there too.

Edit.

Opera has the same issue.

Edit nr2.

@Otaliema's text editor trick works. I can work with that.

Last edited:
Back