Anybody here beat the Hard Tuned Series

• Thread starter Menses
  • 10 comments
To put it mildly...I got lapped at Grand Valley Two in a Twin turbo....i am out classed in this series....how the hell can you compete in this series?

I think I used a Viper. Haven't played for a while, but you just slow down around corners and don't go too fast, the Viper pretty much destroys every other car on the track.

I think I used a Viper. Haven't played for a while, but you just slow down around corners and don't go too fast, the Viper pretty much destroys every other car on the track.

This.

Although I remember coolly and calmly taking this championship in an RX-7 Type RZ one time, which was difficult, but not impossible.

Ah, I remember this race. It's demands so much concentration. And it's hard to find a car with an appropriate power to weight that's somewhat controllable. And the prizes suck. I could buy an R32 Skyline or a Trueno any time! But still, this race is fun on a bun in a TVR Cerbera. It's not very powerful at most (420-ish horsepower if I remember), but it weighs only about 1600 pounds. And it handles "weigh" better than the others.

A fully tuned Impreza of some sort might work. Give you less power but more control. The Autumn Ring II race (#4) requires good handling, not so much power.

You are putting race tires on, aren't you? I knew one person who thought they were disallowed by the rules.

You are putting race tires on, aren't you? I knew one person who thought they were disallowed by the rules.

Yeah, when I beat it with the Cerbera, I used soft slicks. The Normal Car Cup is one where you can't change tires. Or anything for that matter.

I remember it took me awhile to beat the HTS. I think it took me over a year. I attempted it several times in a Viper but kept screwing up at Route 5 II and Grand Valley II in particular. :banghead: It was the only set of races I couldn't defeat, and in frustration I eventually just gave up and moved on to GT2.

I'm thinking of starting a brand-new GT game this December, as it will be 8 years exactly (December 2003) and we'll see if I can just defeat the HTS this time in one go since I'm asssuming I'm a better driver now. :)

I'm thinking of starting a brand-new GT game this December, as it will be 8 years exactly (December 2003) and we'll see if I can just defeat the HTS this time in one go since I'm asssuming I'm a better driver now. :)

Have fun. The tuner series is a tough one. Good luck.

And the rewards (apart from the satisfaction of winning) are pants.

An R32 or an AE86. Fun.

My latest game in GT1, I haven't tackled it yet. But years ago when I played A LOT, I remember pushing my driving skills to the max with cars that shouldn't be in the Hard Tuned series. My favorite was the Honda del sol Si, fully tuned possible, stage 3 weight reduction, and soft slicks. The car was a slot car on turns, the key to winning? Using the car's ultra handling, you barely had to slow for corners! I was WOT around 95% of turns, and when the AI slows for the turns, that's when I flew by them. :D

Back