Are backstage passes not being received any more?

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
breeminator
breeminator
The backstage pass system used to work for me, and I have collected all but 16 of the backstage pass cars.

However, this week I completed the series 50%, giving me a backstage pass, but when I go to use it, it says I have 0 backstage passes.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Okay, I've had a thought about why this could be happening, relating to the fact I played the game on Xbox, but am now playing on Steam, linked to the same Xbox account, and backstage passes seem to be stored in the Xbox account, not the Steam save.

Is there anyone who has bought every backstage pass car with a backstage pass who has carried on playing the game after that, and earned more backstage passes? If you go to the backstage after that, does it show you as having bought every car and having a positive balance of backstage passes, but no way to spend them, or does it stop giving you the extra passes, on the basis that you can't spend them so why give them to you?

I play from Xbox (more specifically on PC via the Xbox app), and I haven’t been getting the backstage passes either over the past couple months (since September-ish I think), with the same issues as you describe. I suspect something is bugged, but sadly I think extensive support for Horizon 4 has been abandoned and it won’t get fixed.

Last edited:
I play from Xbox (more specifically on PC via the Xbox app), and I haven’t been getting the backstage passes either over the past couple months (since September-ish I think), with the same issues as you describe. I suspect something is bugged, but sadly I think extensive support for Horizon 4 has been abandoned and it won’t get fixed.
I see it's on their list of known issues:

"Players are not receiving backstage pass from 50% series completion. (We are not gifting out individual compensation for this issue at this time.)"

The wording of that suggests that it's specific to series completion, so hopefully we can still get them from individual week rewards.

I see it's on their list of known issues:

"Players are not receiving backstage pass from 50% series completion. (We are not gifting out individual compensation for this issue at this time.)"

The wording of that suggests that it's specific to series completion, so hopefully we can still get them from individual week rewards.
Unfortunately, I haven’t had luck with receiving them as week rewards either.

They've fixed this now, I just got a backstage pass for 50% of the current week's playlist, and it was still there and available to use when I went to the list of backstage cars.

Back