ArmoredCore:Nexus

• Thread starter 87chevy
  • 7 comments
Just picked up my reserved copy a few days ago. I'm a big fan of the AC series. I know it has a pretty small following. Anyways. The grapics are about the same, maybe a little better than AC3 and Silent Line. However the major change has to be support of the Analog sticks!! And it is a major improvement. However, they added a new feature i can't stand! Now, non-energy weapons have 'magazines', as in you can only fire so many rounds before reloading! not just on arm weapons, but also on the back mounted weapons! I don't think, my massive AC, is going to have a magazine fed, back mounted chain gun! other than that, it's pretty much another Armored Core game. But i like these games, so, i like this one. The story line was interesting, but short, and ended sort of abrubtly. and it did not seem to pick up where AC3:Silent Line left off. Oh, and your AC3 game will not convert, only emblems.

Now there is a second disc i have not played yet. It's supposed to be levels from all the games, but with the newest engine. and some other stuff.

I actually have never played an AC game.Don't know why since i'm into mechs and other gigantic(and cool looking) robots.I guess after i picked up Zone of the Enders and Zone of the Enders 2 i kind of forgot about AC.Maybe i'll pick this one up.Does anyone know if they are similar games(ZOE and AC) cause i really like ZOE and i would buy this game if it had some traits that the ZOE games have.

My friend is GOD at all super-robot-hyper-mecha-fighting games. he is incredible in Zone of the Enders 2. He picked up ACN and said it is alright. He is still super-good at it. (He placed 2nd in an AC3 tournament in Chicago. He was essentially the 2nd best in the midwest.) He is iimpressed by the game, but he says it could've been better. He has yet to go online.

wow, i guess i need to read the entire instruction book. I didn't realize there was online play. I wouldn't call myself a god, but i could probably hold my own in AC3. Nexus could have definately been better. Hopefully, if (when) they make the next game, it will be for PS3, and really be mindblowing! :hoping:

yo cheby man, I have silent line. cant say I really like it because of the controlls. even playing with codes the controlls take away from the fun. I put in about 35 hrs just to make sure it was not a learning curve thing. its not on my list of must have games.

yes, the standard controls are wacky. NOT user friendly. However, Nexus now uses FPS style controls. You use the two sticks for moving and looking. It's much much much better. I really liked AC3 and SilentLine's story lines. But, i think Nexus was lacking length, and depth. I was really hoping it was going to pick up where Silent line left off. I still haven't played the second disk, i've rediscovered my NCAA Football'04.

Back