Assetto Corsa Possible PS4 Release(Edit: Maybe in the future)

• Thread starter cmbeal317
  • 41 comments

cmbeal317

Premium
United States
Pennsylvania,US
cmbeal317
Marco Massarutto posted this picture on Facebook today. It looks like AC will be coming to the PS4.

10258223_10202046649641751_7530986638163255551_o.jpg

I think it will be a good move. They have done well with AC with a limited team and resources. I believe, if they can get some sales and get the correct people employed for development (scanning tracks/more car licenses)

And not to add more fuel to the fire, but I think I see a Fanatec CSW wheel too. Assuming the PS4 dev box is legit and means what we think it means, one has to assume they are trying to use the CSW or have been told it would be compatible??? Of course that would lead to the CSR Elite being compatible and make the CSR standard wheel too? Speculation overload.

Jerome

I hope Sony facilitate the move although it would likely harm GT sales, but would love it if AC comes to consoles.

As much as I hate to say this, I think the AC coming to consoles(especially PS4) will have little impact on future GT sales; as PD hasn't been doing too much with GT6 and they are only harming themselves by not saying anything about the promised features. That being said, there is a better place to talk about that and I'll not comment anymore on it here in the AC section.

From marco's fb

Marco MassaruttoThen let me repeat what I've already said elsewhere: " Hope you guys are not surprised that a PC videogame company decides to invest some R&D into the next-gen hardware, regardless of current or lo-terms future developments. If we don't start to look into it far in advance, it might be too late to do that in future. But there's an ocean between "take a look into" and "have a game ready for PS4". And, I'm pretty confident that, being safe the simulative nature of Assetto Corsa already achieved, we'll prevent any speculation about any drift in how we conceive simracing, regardless of any platform or format we decide to use in future. "
8 hours ago · 2

👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
Great News!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
If this game has a decent career mode, I might maybe, possibly get it for the PS4, when I get the PS4.

I hope Sony facilitate the move although it would likely harm GT sales, but would love it if AC comes to consoles.

I doubt this will change GT sales, AC is a whole other animal.

In the actual state of the game I dont see it coming to PS4. Everything besides the physics, tracks and cars feels totaly 1990. The menus are like in rfactor 1. Setting things up is ugly. There are no rewards for playing (it seems important for casual gamers to unlock stuff).

Dont missunderstand me, I love this game! But in the actual state I dont see it coming to PS4. The developers have tons of stuff to do until this game can come to an console. Actually it only can satisfy hardcore sim fans. And I dont know if there are enough harcore sim fans who own a PS4 and will be ready to buy this game. It must cost a lot of cash to port this game to PS4 and I am not sure if they can sell enough games to get the costs back.

Everybody else besides hardcore sim fans will get bored very quickly because of the lack of challenges and stuff to do. And with a team of only 15 developers it will be interesing to see if they are been able to create a good career mode or not.

In the actual state of the game I dont see it coming to PS4. Everything besides the physics, tracks and cars feels totaly 1990. The menus are like in rfactor 1. Setting things up is ugly. There are no rewards for playing (it seems important for casual gamers to unlock stuff).

Dont missunderstand me, I love this game! But in the actual state I dont see it coming to PS4. The developers have tons of stuff to do until this game can come to an console. Actually it only can satisfy hardcore sim fans. And I dont know if there are enough harcore sim fans who own a PS4 and will be ready to buy this game. It must cost a lot of cash to port this game to PS4 and I am not sure if they can sell enough games to get the costs back.

Everybody else besides hardcore sim fans will get bored very quickly because of the lack of challenges and stuff to do. And with a team of only 15 developers it will be interesing to see if they are been able to create a good career mode or not.

GT5P didn't exactly push the boat out on career mode. Practically the entirety of the game was about online racing and it sold easily big enough numbers to make Kunos very happy indeed.

As I pointed out in the Project Cars thread, if Marco Massarutto takes a photograph of a PS4 dev kit and ensures an assetto Corsa image is in the photograph, and then posts that photograph online - you know that is no accident.

GT5P was a low price title. Did not see the picture from Marco on post #1 ^^

Interesting image. I see an Fanatec wheel too. Can be a positive sign about Fanatec support for PS4 I hope.

Aynway, AC will be way way better on PC with all its mods and extras that you cant download and add on a PS4.

True enough, but then I'm only interested in official content, including DLC. I really don't care for Mod stuff.

Everything you say is true, which is why if it makes it to console, it'll have to be much more in depth and much more polished. The AC team is puny isn't it? Just a handful of people? With a PS4 release, even if it only grabs 500,000 sales at $69, that's still $35 million for what's essentially a niche game. Put $5Mill into it and you can come up with something on the level of PCars I would think. At 1,000,000 units it's obscenely profitable.

If two of the best PC sims are released for the PS4 (this and CARS) then yes GT have a lot to worry about in my opinion.

Like I mentioned, those two games are different animals from GT, not everyone loves hardcore sim-type racing. And unless if the next GT is pretty crappy, not everyone will move to AC or PCars, some will move to maybe another racing game, maybe even a GT-like competitor.

That's a shame, because Laguna Seca is brilliant :)

Not tried Laguna Seca but I tried that textureless Suzuka version and that snoopy Nordschleife 0.70. And was dissapointed from both. I dont know how accurate the Gran Turismo versions of that tracks are but the mods feel extreme unaccurate in comparison to the GT versions.

Not tried Laguna Seca but I tried that textureless Suzuka version and that snoopy Nordschleife 0.70. And was dissapointed from both. I dont know how accurate the Gran Turismo versions of that tracks are but the mods feel extreme unaccurate in comparison to the GT versions.
Yeah I tried Suzuka but I didn't like it either.

If this game has a decent career mode, I might maybe, possibly get it for the PS4, when I get the PS4.

I doubt this will change GT sales, AC is a whole other animal.

Majority of people will see it as racing game vs racing game.

People who have driven the Nordschleife in real life are saying it is pretty good and accurate, bumps and all.
If you expected those 2 tracks to be on the level of the official Kuno's laser scanned creations, I understand your disappointment.
That said, they are both now my favorite versions, sure both tracks have their issues, but the physic and FFB is still 100% AC.
An other big plus with AC is that you can easily drive them with the proper FOV, not so easy with GT. Driving with the wrong perspective from to wide a FOV, no matter how accurate the track, will never feel right.
The GT version looks cartoonish and feel totally life less compare to snoopy's version IMPOV. The good news is that we have both available now. To each his own,:cool:

P.S. There is now 28 add on tracks available here and there, and the official mod tool is not even out yet.:cheers:

Last edited:
People who have driven the Nordschleife in real life are saying it is pretty good and accurate, bumps and all.
If you expected those 2 tracks to be on the level of the official Kuno's laser scanned creations, I understand your disappointment.
That said, they are both now my favorite versions, sure both tracks have their issues, but the physic and FFB is still 100% AC.
An other big plus with AC is that you can easily drive them with the proper FOV, not so easy with GT. Driving with the wrong perspective from to wide a FOV, no matter how accurate the track, will never feel right.
The GT version looks cartoonish and feel totally life less compare to snoopy's version IMPOV. The good news is that we have both available now. To each his own,:cool:

P.S. There is now 28 add on tracks available here and there, and the official mod tool is not even out yet.:cheers:
I can't wait for some Australian and New Zealand tracks to be made :)

Like Bathurst and Phillip Island?
Already available
Also Eastern Creek.
My local tracks Queensland Raceway and Lakeside would be nice, I have them in rFactor. Teretonga would be great too, Highlands Motorsport Park, Pukekohe, Ruapuna etc.

What are the quality of Phillip Island, Bathurst and Eastern Creek like? Perhaps we should have a sticky with links to the different mods.

Like I said, I never have driven the NS nor Suzuka in real life so I cant say wich version (GT or Snoopy) is more accurate. But after 3 years of GT NS I felt totaly lost in snoopys version on my first short ride. On some corners I thought "where am I". Maybe the Snoopy version is really better and more accurate then GT. And I appreciate his great work! We will get a laser scanned version in September so we will see :)

And besides, people who have driven on the Nordschleife also say that the Forza version is accurate and great. For me the Forza version is a mess and a shame. You can almost land a plane on the NS in the Forza version.

Latest Posts

Back