Cam's GT5 Summer Playthrough

FerrariF1GT

Doesn’t hate VGTs
Premium
United States
Madison, WI
FerrariF1GT
FerrariFan24
The GT5 online servers have shut down, I know. However, that wasn't my GT5 apocalypse. In fact, I decided to attempt 100% completion during the summer, which I started yesterday. I will try to update my progress in a daily basis, so that no one will be bored waiting too long (hopefully)! I'm not going to upload any pictures or videos, however. I have the DLC that is in the XL Edition (Race Car, Car Pack 2, Paint, Racing Gear, and Track packs, and no other DLC).

Monday, 9th June: Obtained gold in all B License tests. B-6 was a tough cookie, having to take the Dunlop Hairpin at the Nurburgring, and the Renault Megane was excellent at understeer. Otherwise, there is nothing special.

Tuesday, 10th June: Obtained gold in all A, IC, IB, and IA License tests, and the Beginner and Intermediate kart events. In IB-5, (the test with the NSX at R246), the time to get gold was 14.2 seconds. My time? 14.2 seconds! A-8 and IC-3 were tough, as most people would agree. IB-1 was easier than I thought; I used the wall trick for that test. The rally tests were difficult. I even had to cut the 3rd turn in IA-4!

Wednesday, 11th June: Obtained gold in the S License, as well as the Advanced kart event, Beginner and Intermediate NASCAR events, Beginner and Intermediate Top Gear events, and the Beginner AMG event.

Thursday, 12th June: Obtained gold in the Advanced Top Gear event, Intermediate and Advanced AMG events, and the Advanced NASCAR event. For some weird reason, I didn't get any of the tickets. Version 2.16 seems too controversial, especially with the announced removal of the Car Delivery. I want PD to fix this bug right now!:nervous: I still got the prize cars from the licenses and other special events, though.:)

Friday, 13th June: I got a Friday the 13th scare with only the Beginner rally events with gold. I was glad I got the Rally Base Car ticket. I got the Lancer Evolution X.

Saturday, 14th June: Obtained gold on all Intermediate rally events.

Sunday, 15th June: Obtained gold on all Advanced rally events.

Monday, 16th June: Obtained gold on the Grand Tour and the Loeb events. The first challenge in the Grand Tour was easier than I thought; I got 1:16'7 something. In the Loeb event, Toscana was simple, but Eiger and Chamonix were difficult. I'm Level 23! Once I can get to Level 24 and obtain 20,000 more Credits, I can buy a Formula GT once it gets into the Used Car Dealership. A-Spec events start tomorrow!

Tuesday, 17th June: Won the Sunday Cup, the FF Challenge, and the World Compact Car championship on A-Spec. I used the C3 for the Sunday Cup (I did use the A160 Avantgarde for Autumn Ring, though), the C4 for the FF Challenge, and the Vitz (you can call it the Yaris, but I used the former) U Euro Sport Edition for the World Compact Car championship.

Wednesday, 18th June: Won the Lightweight K Car event, the Japanese Classics event, and the Vitz/Yaris Race. I used the OFC-1 for the Lightweight, the S800 RSC for the JP Classics, and the Vitz U for its respective event.

Thursday, 19th June: Won the World Classic Car event and the FR Challenge. Used the S800 RSC for the latter and the 190E (Opera S2000 for Tsukuba) in the former.

Friday, 20th June: Won the Clubman Cup. Used the Toyota 86.

Saturday, 21st June: Won the Euro Hot Hatch Cup, the NR-A Roadster race, and the Pickup Truck event. Used the Citroen C4 for the first, the Eunos Roadster J-Limited for the second, and the Dodge Ram for the third. Daytona was such a challenge, I won by installing all of the power-increasing upgrades by .014 seconds

Sunday, 22nd June: Won Tous France Championnat and the Japanese 90's Cup. Used the Hommell Berlinette for the former, and the Honda Civic EG in the latter.

Monday, 23rd June: Won Festival Italia and the Euro Classic Car event. Purchased a Delta for the former, then the Alfa 1600 GTA I won in that event in the latter.

Tuesday, 24th June: No progress.:(

Wednesday, 25th June: Bought a '70 Challenger to win Classic Muscle Car Cup, and trying to get a Premium car for the Level 5 ticket before I get the Level 9 ticket after winning Supercar Nostalgia.

Currently: I want something other than a 3000GT for my Level 5 ticket!:irked:

Last edited:
Lol im doing the same thing, but i can only play ps3 on weekends :grumpy:. I play Forza 5 during the week, which is a lil bit better of a game but not as much content and not as fun. I got 20 mil from seasonals with no career races touched.

Nice! Can't wait for updates.

As for the Megane license test, I never golded it... I once tried it for about 3 hours, and once I was in the gold time, but then the game somehow froze for a second and suddenly I was silver.

And I know I was at gold because of the ghost from the previous run, which was about 0.003 over the gold time.

Sick run geting all golds :) do you monitor times spent on events? I have quite a few special challanges left...
I don't keep track of times spent on events, but the most time-consuming challenge thus far would probably be A-8, which took me between 30-45 minutes.

Recently, not having played GT5 for quite a long time, I started a new game.
For all its many faults, at least GT5 had a few endurance races, a noted grave omission from GT6, IMO.

I am currently at level 33.
Other than the endurance races, all but the FGT series races are complete, with all gold licenses and about half the specials completed.
I am currently approaching day 700, having cycled almost continuously the used car lot for over 300 plus days.
The FGT car has not appeared once since I started this game.
All the other rare cars have appeared two to three times, but no FGT.
I'm beginning to wonder if there could be a glitch on this, maybe after the last update.

FerrariF1GT may not be far enough along to have this problem, but I am curious to see if you have seen the FGT car in your game thus far?

Appoaching day 800 now and still no FGT car.

When Famine said it doesn't show up often, he wasn't kidding.

Unfortunately, this ridiculousness just adds another reason, to why I quit playing this goofy game the first time.

I guess FerrariF1GT must have gone on vacation.

Back