Car names above cars

• Thread starter Fistoflove
  • 4 comments
Fistoflove
When going to display settings during a race and changing driver / car names on the HUD list to the left, it works fine.

If I change the car / driver names above cars, it always shows driver names. Turning it off works fine. Playing on PS5.

Any way to show car names above cars?
Thank you! :)

Update: I just noticed it works on some opponents and not on others, all within the same race.

Last edited:
Here is a recent screenshot I took. You can see the game shows the car name for one car and the driver name for the other. Distance to cars does not matter.

Can anyone explain how to get only car names above cars and not driver names, please?
Thank you. :)
1000004982.jpg

Here is a recent screenshot I took. You can see the game shows the car name for one car and the driver name for the other. Distance to cars does not matter.

Can anyone explain how to get only car names above cars and not driver names, please?
Thank you. :)
View attachment 1290626
I think this is related to the "named real drivers" that are being used in the game and cant be changed.
Yes, the named drivers who appear in these single-player races are GT World Series finalists who have been inserted into the game as personalities (to a mixed reception among them) and they'll always appear in this manner to distinguish them from the gonks.

Back