Car Performance ( Drag Racing Related )

• Thread starter sravan953
  • 14 comments
sravan
Hey all,

I'm a GT5 fan and I love drag racing on SSR7. I'm lvl 23 and my fastest car is a Lamborghini Murcielago LP 670-4 ( SV ) at 841 HP. I also have a Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 ( C6 ) at 735HP or so. What I don't understand is that the Corvette attains a a speed of 380 km/h without sweat, while the Lambo struggles. Also, how on earth does a Nissan GT-R beat a Lambo?

I thought more the HP means faster acceleration and the easier it is to win a drag race. But it seems not so. I just cannot find any answers on Google, so I thought I'd turn to the experts. ;)

Help me out here,
Cheers!
Thanks people!

Power isn't everything, there's different variables that all have an effect:

Weight
Tyres (tyre type and temperature)
Launch control / technique
Gearing (top speed and individual ratio's)
Aero (if it's a long drag race where speeds are in excess of 100mph for a long time)
Suspension setup / LSD setup (i.e grip / traction)
Assists on / off
etc etc...

You're probably better off putting a wanted add in the tuning section of this forum and asking someone for help setting up your car. You also haven't mentioned any regulations and restrictions that might be applied, are you racing 'unlimited' cars / tuning or are there restrictions..??

Power isn't everything, there's different variables that all have an effect:

Weight
Tyres (tyre type and temperature)
Launch control / technique
Gearing (top speed and individual ratio's)
Aero (if it's a long drag race where speeds are in excess of 100mph for a long time)
Suspension setup / LSD setup (i.e grip / traction)
Assists on / off
etc etc...

You're probably better off putting a wanted add in the tuning section of this forum and asking someone for help setting up your car. You also haven't mentioned any regulations and restrictions that might be applied, are you racing 'unlimited' cars / tuning or are there restrictions..??

Well, I have implemented all 3 stages of weight reduction, and then some. Racing Soft tyres. Top speed i've set is 400 km/h ( Fully Customizable Gearbox ). Maximum downforce. -5 - suspension settings - for both front and rear. Traction Control set to 0 and ABS set to 5, nothing else.

Also, I've not messed around with any of the individual gear ratios.

Thanks a ton!

you should still get out atleast 42 mor BHP out of your lambo, and since the lambo is 4WD you can always experiment with the settings for the best traction of the line.

Well, I have implemented all 3 stages of weight reduction, and then some. Racing Soft tyres. Top speed i've set is 400 km/h ( Fully Customizable Gearbox ). Maximum downforce. -5 - suspension settings - for both front and rear. Traction Control set to 0 and ABS set to 5, nothing else.

Also, I've not messed around with any of the individual gear ratios.

Thanks a ton!

In bold, there's your problem. You need to set it to minimum downforce.

Hey all,

I'm a GT5 fan and I love drag racing on SSR7. I'm lvl 23 and my fastest car is a Lamborghini Murcielago LP 670-4 ( SV ) at 841 HP. I also have a Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 ( C6 ) at 735HP or so. What I don't understand is that the Corvette attains a a speed of 380 km/h without sweat, while the Lambo struggles. Also, how on earth does a Nissan GT-R beat a Lambo?

I thought more the HP means faster acceleration and the easier it is to win a drag race. But it seems not so. I just cannot find any answers on Google, so I thought I'd turn to the experts. ;)

Help me out here,
Cheers!
Thanks people!
If your talking tunnel drag, its all about setup. I would break those motors in first, put some miles/KM on them and the power will bump up along with an oil change. I have read most of the posts and they are correct, gather the information and start tweaking your rides. Also, use a manual gearbox. I start my ZR1 and Ford GT in second gear, and the Enzo in third gear..
My Murci is at 870hp, GT-R SpecV 868hp, ZR1 905hp, Ford GT (no stripe) 870hp.
The GT-R might edge the Lambo but its still close. The undisputed KINGS of the Full Tunnel Drag are the Enzo (920hp), Viper ACR (over 1000hp) and the fat blob (Veyron).
nothing much to add, some of the posts are dead on about setup, no downforce etc.

The Viper ACR doesnt even compare or nearly come close to the Enzo for tunnel drags.

I leave behind Viper's in most of my faster cars, while ahead of me Im watchin an Enzo slowly pull away after his perfect 1 second 0-60 launch >.>

If your talking tunnel drag, its all about setup. I would break those motors in first, put some miles/KM on them and the power will bump up along with an oil change. I have read most of the posts and they are correct, gather the information and start tweaking your rides. Also, use a manual gearbox. I start my ZR1 and Ford GT in second gear, and the Enzo in third gear..
My Murci is at 870hp, GT-R SpecV 868hp, ZR1 905hp, Ford GT (no stripe) 870hp.
The GT-R might edge the Lambo but its still close. The undisputed KINGS of the Full Tunnel Drag are the Enzo (920hp), Viper ACR (over 1000hp) and the fat blob (Veyron).
nothing much to add, some of the posts are dead on about setup, no downforce etc.

Hm manual? Alright, will try it out. Any tips on how exactly the launch should go?

to launch that murc.

start in 3rd gear. hold gas and brake same time until you hit the rev limiter. drop the brake and see if it has enough power to spin the tires, or if it bogs down.

if it bogs down, launch in 2nd.

those lambo engines are also very crappy and rev very high and make very little torque.

Oh boy, you do some more dragracing and you will see that you can breat less hp cars if you have a good setup. Then, the statement that the enzo, viper, and veyron are the king of the straight, well it depends. How much does tha car weight and how much hp does they have? I mean there are cars which are less hp that have considerable high speed and good acceleration, it all depends on what you compare with. If you have to start in 2nd of 3rd gear, than it only means that you haven tuned your gears properly, and hence loose little on the acceleration.

Second, drag racing isnt only about having the most hp car. It about having which ever cars (hp wise) and turn it in to a fast straight line monster. To me, im more inpressed in someone could make a good setup for a 300 hp car, and run pretty fast, than just use those mainstream cars like viper, corvette, enzo etc.

Latest Posts

Back