Cars Loosing Power

• Thread starter Timm
  • 8 comments
United Kingdom
Barnsley South Yorkshire
Hi, Just a small question here. On some of the cars I seem to loose Power/Rev when in a race. Cars going fine then all of a sudden the car just slows down letting other overtake. Any help will be great. I have been to auto center and everything is 100%

Hi, Just a small question here. On some of the cars I seem to loose Power/Rev when in a race. Cars going fine then all of a sudden the car just slows down letting other overtake. Any help will be great. I have been to auto center and everything is 100%
Is your controller going to 100% throttle?

Are you bouncing off the rev limiter?

Hi,
Is your controller going to 100% throttle? = Yes (G29)

Are you bouncing off the rev limiter? = Not sure what you mean there sorry

Is your controller going to 100% throttle? = Yes (G29)
Are you sure? I'm not asking whether you can press the button/pedal all the way in, but whether it displays 100% throttle on the white bar on the screen.
Are you bouncing off the rev limiter? = Not sure what you mean there sorry
Cars can only go as fast as the gearbox will allow them to, even if they have infinite power. If you are reaching your car's maximum geared speed it will hit the rev limiter and you will slow down - losing 3-5mph - before getting power back again, whereupon you will then bounce off the limiter again.

Using your console's "Share" features to create a simple video of the function would remove all the guesswork here.

Last edited:
Thanks guys for all this. I just gone into the option settings and done a pedal calibration and every thing is up at 100%.
I think thats the problem what you mention here
Cars can only go as fast as the gearbox will allow them to, even if they have infinite power. If you are reaching your car's maximum geared speed it will hit the rev limiter and you will slow down - losing 3-5mph - before getting power back again, whereupon you will then bounce off the limiter again.

Thanks guys for all this. I just gone into the option settings and done a pedal calibration and every thing is up at 100%.
I think thats the problem what you mention here
Your vehicle may also lose power if you hit another vehicle hard or have an accident with a crash barrier or similar, then your vehicle may be slower for a period of time. It will not accelerate as much as usual and the maximum speed is also reduced.
You can see this on the lower left image of your vehicle in your HUD, your wheels (including suspension, the 4 bars on the outside) and your drive train (engine + gearbox through the block in the middle) are displayed. If there's something red there, your vehicle has damage that slows it down, this lasts for a few seconds and then disappears.

Back