Cars with massive fuel capacity

• Thread starter Aaronrray1
  • 10 comments
United States
United States
So I went to start a PP800 race the other day, and the first thing that I noticed was that I was 2 laps tops between fuel stops with GR.3 cars tending towards 4-5 laps. Are there any non GR.3 cars with reasonable fuel capacities usable in the PP800 range?

This is after such adjustments... Before, it was 1.6 laps at Daytona Road Course
Also interested in this as I'm having the same difficulty, did the daytona wtc800 with a fully tuned R35 GTR with the fuel maps, now stuck with the leguna seca wtc700? There's a suzuki swift that doesn't pit - I've tried a diesel mazda facepalm

There's definitely a difference in cars for certain classes - the Swift Gr4 is dominant in terms of endurance, because it can last an entire 10 lap race without pitting once, if you manage your maps well. Even the AI on the Laguna Seca one stays out for the whole race.

So I went to start a PP800 race the other day, and the first thing that I noticed was that I was 2 laps tops between fuel stops with GR.3 cars tending towards 4-5 laps. Are there any non GR.3 cars with reasonable fuel capacities usable in the PP800 range?
For the WTC800 I've used a 2008 Lexus gr.2, and for every race (except Sardegna) you don't need to pit, though that requires you to fit hard tures.
An advantage of this setup is that you also go below 800 pp without any detuning needed in terms of power or weight, since hards leave you at around 791 pp from the starting 803 with mediums.

EDIT: grammar.

Last edited:
For the WTC800 I've used a 2008 Lexus gr.2, and for every race (except Sardegna) you don't need to pit, though that requires you to fit hard tures.
An advantage of this setup is that you also go below 800 pp without any detuning needed in terms of power or weight, since hards leave you at around 791 pp from the starting 803 with mediums.

EDIT: grammar.
Gr2 Lexus is like a little cheat. It's fast, has fuel economy and good coners. Too good. Even 6,250,000 CLK (gr2) or 9,500,000 F1 (gr2) can't bee so economy with less weight and the same power (using BOP).

What you want isn't a bigger fuel tank what you want is a smaller engine. Redbull Jr has great fuel economy. For 800PP The Super Formula car has great economy as well.

Last edited:
The Lexus is slow on straights, though, at Sardegna and Daytona you are going to have problems especially against the Viper.

Last edited:
The Gr.4 Swift is the best in terms of economy. not just at Laguna Seca, but in the other Gr.4 races, it's always the last one to pit (or in the case of Laguna Seca, not pit at all).

Laguna Seca was one of the few races in this game that I didn't win it on first try. I even had to watch the replay to see what strategy that Suzuki did, and yep, no pit at all. Worst of all was that Suzuki is also the fastest AI and starts in pole position. I won with a high RPM Turbo tuned Supra Gr.4 with fuel map 6 all race, and still finished almost out of fuel and passed the Suzuki on the last sector of the last lap.

As for Gr.3, Gr.2 and Gr.1, I have no idea which cars are best in terms of fuel economy. Some detuned high level Gr. cars can have good fuel consumption, the Chaparral 2J being one such example, or the Tomahawk X but that's just cheating.

Back