CLK-LM tune

• Thread starter Vule
  • 8 comments
Serbia
Serbia
SR_Vule
Hi guys and girls,

I hope it's a good first post here :) Lets give this much awaited car some love.

Pit Building_.jpeg

Just a couple of basic tunes, i'm not a professional tuner by any means, i set up my cars in a way that makes them nice to drive, not twitchy or oversteery, and of course, they need to be fast :)

First of all, PP800 tune, for Sardegna and Spa grinding.
  • Low pressure turbo
  • Racing hard tires (Inters and Wets for Spa)
  • Racing gearbox
  • Power restrictor and ballast (not used here)
Gran Turismo™ 7_20220612163542.jpg
Gran Turismo™ 7_20220612163606.jpg

Basically, raised ride height and front antiroll bar, low front DF, high rear DF, gearbox set to 310. In this case, low pressure turbo is great for performance and fuel economy, i did a Sardegna race on FM2 for the first 8 laps, pit at the end of lap 8, changed tires, refuelled to max, and then the remaining 7 laps on FM1. Shift the gears on the half point of the rev counter (in hood/bumper view), no need to max it out, you save fuel and stay in the max torque range because of LP turbo.

This was the first attempt, most of the race was just cruising, low 1:34 easy, 24:29 total time, and it could be lower for sure, i made a couple of mistakes in to turn 1 and had 2 minor accidents with the AI not moving out of the way, of course...

Gran Turismo™ 7_20220612163409.jpg

Second tune is for PP700, for LeMans grinding. No turbo, same suspension setup, gearing to 280, ECU, power restrictor, ballast:

Gran Turismo™ 7_20220612170313.jpg

Easy 4:10's with no real effort, FM1 full throttle all the way, it's very economical, you could do 4 laps easy on one tank when trashing. One pit stop, no tire change, just a refill for remaining 3 laps and boom, easy win. Of couse, keep an eye on the weather, but with the new update, I find it that most of the time you can do the rain period on slicks.

In general, I find this car very easy to drive fast, it corners very well, better than the Sauber C9, and in PP800 tune, it has a lot of power and straight line speed, it just pulls.

Feel free to try the tune, and of course, if you have any suggestions on how to improve suspension and diff, please let me know and share your tunes if you set the car up in a better way than I did.

Cheers!

Going for Spa now, I usually just race Sarthe. Awesome tune!

Attachments

• 9BD36108-4D97-4247-8836-3BCFF4EFE5BE.jpeg
    9BD36108-4D97-4247-8836-3BCFF4EFE5BE.jpeg
    79.8 KB · Views: 50
  • 30217595-7BB0-4A83-A340-D546E97642F2.jpeg
    30217595-7BB0-4A83-A340-D546E97642F2.jpeg
    129.1 KB · Views: 49
I just realised I didn't actually try it at Spa, how was the gearbox? For Sardegna i found out that it needs just a bit longer sixt gear, to save additional fuel on the main straight, just so i doesn't go in the redline (i just made it slightly longer, 10kmh i think).

I have almost nothing to say. GD dropped connection as I finished the race, absolutely livid ATM. FM4 = 8%, FM1 = 11% I even spent 40 minutes rebuilding my network prior to the race to prevent this.

Who needs rubber banding when freak rain storms with pale blue coat the track in 2 bars of water? Can't see the pit entry, you didn't notice the 2 foot tall orange cone? Survived the nearly invisible pit lines? What's this, you managed all that and still won? **** you, here's a dropped connection.

So done right now...

Attachments

• BE6D8D91-B74C-43BC-A7A2-14A631A91907.jpeg
    BE6D8D91-B74C-43BC-A7A2-14A631A91907.jpeg
    71.9 KB · Views: 31
  • 76D00795-9A8E-416D-86D5-88E06F259147.jpeg
    76D00795-9A8E-416D-86D5-88E06F259147.jpeg
    139.2 KB · Views: 31
I don't understand how anybody is using this car at Le Mans and finding success without changing tires. Once the rain comes the car is useless. Wont get out of second gear and doesn't turn at all.

If the rain comes. I've done multiple races where it only passes by, there were a couple of rain clouds and the water bar on the left barely appears for like a minute, and then sunshine again.

Of course, if it rains more, you nees to go to inters for at least 1-2 laps, sometimes 3.

Hi guys and girls,

I hope it's a good first post here :) Lets give this much awaited car some love.

View attachment 1160313

Just a couple of basic tunes, i'm not a professional tuner by any means, i set up my cars in a way that makes them nice to drive, not twitchy or oversteery, and of course, they need to be fast :)

First of all, PP800 tune, for Sardegna and Spa grinding.
  • Low pressure turbo
  • Racing hard tires (Inters and Wets for Spa)
  • Racing gearbox
  • Power restrictor and ballast (not used here)
View attachment 1160314View attachment 1160315

Basically, raised ride height and front antiroll bar, low front DF, high rear DF, gearbox set to 310. In this case, low pressure turbo is great for performance and fuel economy, i did a Sardegna race on FM2 for the first 8 laps, pit at the end of lap 8, changed tires, refuelled to max, and then the remaining 7 laps on FM1. Shift the gears on the half point of the rev counter (in hood/bumper view), no need to max it out, you save fuel and stay in the max torque range because of LP turbo.

This was the first attempt, most of the race was just cruising, low 1:34 easy, 24:29 total time, and it could be lower for sure, i made a couple of mistakes in to turn 1 and had 2 minor accidents with the AI not moving out of the way, of course...

View attachment 1160321

Second tune is for PP700, for LeMans grinding. No turbo, same suspension setup, gearing to 280, ECU, power restrictor, ballast:

View attachment 1160326

Easy 4:10's with no real effort, FM1 full throttle all the way, it's very economical, you could do 4 laps easy on one tank when trashing. One pit stop, no tire change, just a refill for remaining 3 laps and boom, easy win. Of couse, keep an eye on the weather, but with the new update, I find it that most of the time you can do the rain period on slicks.

In general, I find this car very easy to drive fast, it corners very well, better than the Sauber C9, and in PP800 tune, it has a lot of power and straight line speed, it just pulls.

Feel free to try the tune, and of course, if you have any suggestions on how to improve suspension and diff, please let me know and share your tunes if you set the car up in a better way than I did.

Cheers!
Did you make any settings concerning the gearbox or not ? Currently using the 911 RSR in Le Mans and might try as well the clk as it costed me 6.5M ^^

Back