Counterstrike Source

• Thread starter Jay
  • 27 comments
eddieturner2002
I used the BitTorrent one there so I could always pause and resume the donwload if I wanted.

Anyway, thanks. Im just waiting to see it now.

Current Status: 35 mins remaining. 52Kb/s 👍

I prefer to use FTP, I use Net Transport or Getright so I can pause.

I heard they took out the shield out of CS: S. Good anyways , it was a cheap ass weapon defence. Have you guys seen the other videos of CS: S from a Korea CS: S confrence? Looks even better.

Go to www.CSNation.net. The only problem is that theres not much links to download from. You I either pick CS-nation membership login, VU Gaming(free membership), and Bit Torrent. I downloaded from Bit, but it toook forever :grumpy: 👎 . But still cool to watch. They show the de_dust2 map

Whats the file name? I might be able to find it somewhere else.

My god that CS:s vid is great. aztec with a pyramid at the top looks alot cooler, not to mention the detail in the swamp..Gaah! *drool* i want it.

Im lookins so forward to HL2, even sweeter is CS Source is coming with it!!!

CS : S looks nice but I'll probably get bored of the usual CS-campers. I hope HL2 comes with a proper death match mode. :guilty:

looks good, but new graphical shine and some physics might not be enough to get me back into CS. I put enough hours into that game to last 5 lifetimes....

Tom M
looks good, but new graphical shine and some physics might not be enough to get me back into CS. I put enough hours into that game to last 5 lifetimes....

WhAT!?!?!?!?!?!?!? How can you not like the physics? The physics are freakin amazing!!

YAY !!! THE BETA IS OUT. I had some fun playing it, the physics are nice, graphics are nice, and still has the ole CS feel to it. Anyone else played it?(that is to the people with CZ and Hl2 vouchers)

Why is everyone so excited about CS:S? It's the same old CS that was released years ago just with an updated look and feel.

I've never played Counterstrike in my life. not kidding. :dunce: I will when HL2 comes out, though.

Integra Type R
Why is everyone so excited about CS:S? It's the same old CS that was released years ago just with an updated look and feel.

You pretty much answered your own question. I myself have played CS once about 2 years ago. I'll play it again when HL2 hits stores.

I used to play CS for about 4~8 hours a day, depending on the day. Now i've played it maybe 4 hours all year long. CS used to be fun, to me, back in the 1.3 days. Now with all this steam, unbelieveable amount of hackers, and all this other bull****, the game has lost it's entertainment value.

I've played CS:S, I'll admit, it's fun, but not as fun as it used to be. I'm waiting for DOD:S, cause i still play dod on a regular basis.

LaBounti
If its free you mean?

It will come with HL2.

Nice to hear DOD:S and HL1:S is being released aswell.

Certain packages of HL2 will include DOD:S and HL1:S.

Stated from PlanetHalfLife who talked to Valve. This is the purchase option you can do:

"Retail Boxes:

Standard Edition - includes HL2 and CS:Source. Ships on six CDs, in one of three box-art packages (Gordon, Alyx or the G-Man).

Collector's Edition — includes Half-Life 2, Counter-Strike: Source, Half-Life 1: Source, a Half-Life 2 T-shirt and a Prima book sampler. Ships on a single DVD.

Steam Packages:

Bronze - HL2* and CS:Source.

Silver - HL2*, Counter-Strike: Source, Half-Life 1: Source*, Day of Defeat:
Source*, Valve's back catalog currently available on Steam.

Gold - HL2*, Counter-Strike: Source, Half-Life 1: Source*, Day of Defeat: Source*, Valve's back catalog currently available on Steam, Complete Strategy Guide from Prima Games, 3 different Half-Life 2 posters, Half-Life 2 hat, Half-Life 2 postcard, Half-Life 2 stickers, Half-Life 2 Soundtrack CD, Chance to win a trip to Valve! (1 trip offered for every 5000 Gold packages purchased).

*To be made available upon product's release.

Pricing details are expected to follow shortly. In the meantime, it looks as if the appetite of Half-Life nation will soon be sated! Planet Half-Life will keep you up-to-date as soon as more information is released."

Also. Counter Strike Source is going to be released next week, when it comes out the beta will be closed.

For anybody who has a ATI HL2 voucher, you will get an automatically get the Bronze package from Steam.

I'd just like to clarify. When CS:S comes out, the beta will 'become' CS:S proper.

If you know what I mean. There was a major patch released not long ago that upgraded CS:S to the full version. it just needs to be unlocked.

I played CS:S (full version) for the first time last night, Much the same as plain CS but with good water effects and source physics.

Back