Damage and Dual Shock 3

ELITE_CHICOMALO
I've seen a lot of threads about how bad the Online aspect of the game is due to bad players. And they think of the option of Heavy Damage, the problem is that the damage system is too unforgiving for us DS3 users and it's really hard to stay on track as it would be by using a steering wheel.

The solution would be: The car should still be able to go in a straight line. Damage should only add power loss and extra understeer. I bet this would make more players want to race with Damage on.

Heavy damage is ridiculous online...one slight bump makes a car veer to the side. A real pain when it happens on the first lap.

@EliteDreamer
No, I think it is annoying and if you really want realism, the car should just stop working after a 25+/-mile crash or something.

It is to make it more "user-friendly". The damage it's meant for Steering wheels I'd say.

The cars still pull to the side unrealistically on heavy damage regardless of wheel/controller.

DS3 and wheel users are on equal ground. Even if they weren't your suggestion would just make the game worse.

With a wheel, it just makes the centering of the wheel change in respective to the damage and the side. Force-Feedback wheels like the DFGT automatically apply the centering, and no effort is needed to continue racing. Easy to deal with.

With a DS3, it causes the car to veer, and you need to countersteer a good amount to stay straight. It also means you can't turn in the opposite direction of the damage (left damage= difficult right turn)

I like light damage for online because it regenerates your car after a while after the crash.

Yeah, just like real life.

Heavy damage is ridiculous online...one slight bump makes a car veer to the side. A real pain when it happens on the first lap.

Dont crash then, Simples.

I often resort to heavy damage and penalties when the room starts getting out of hand, those concerned soon buck up or leave.

@EliteDreamer
No, I think it is annoying and if you really want realism, the car should just stop working after a 25+/-mile crash or something.

It is to make it more "user-friendly". The damage it's meant for Steering wheels I'd say.

Clearly haven't had a go on a wheel, as it is far worst as it trys to break your arm round every corner.

A wheel is faster than a controller, granted. But it's hard to stay on track with a controller? The problem isn't the controller, it's the driver. You need a bit more practice.

I always use heavy damage, wheel or controller.

@EliteDreamer
the car should just stop working after a 25+/-mile crash or something.

One can dream.

I like light damage for online because it regenerates your car after a while after the crash.

Yeah, just like real life.

Who care? There is no right way to play except how you want.

With a wheel, it just makes the centering of the wheel change in respective to the damage and the side. Force-Feedback wheels like the DFGT automatically apply the centering, and no effort is needed to continue racing. Easy to deal with.

With a DS3, it causes the car to veer, and you need to countersteer a good amount to stay straight. It also means you can't turn in the opposite direction of the damage (left damage= difficult right turn)

That's new to me. Wouldn't the right solution be to disable the automatic centering of the wheels in case of damage? I use a DS3 and I prefer that I have to countersteer a damaged car.

That's new to me. Wouldn't the right solution be to disable the automatic centering of the wheels in case of damage?

It's the nature of Force-feedback to do that: Damage puts the steering alignment at an off-angle, and FFB directs it towards the aligned angle.

Back