• Thread starter nasanu
  • 1 comments

nasanu

(Banned)
Japan
Australia
nasanu
nasanu
I know this is off the shelf software, but maybe someone behind the scenes has some development experience. Anyway it would be great to be able to delete posts made by yourself within a set time limit. I know many forum admin turn off user deletion of their own posts because it can ruin thread flow and conversations, but if you limited it to 1min after posting this would not be an issue.

As it stands accidental reposts of replies can not be undone. Personally I run all sorts of developer tools and sometimes this can interfere with normal browser operations and can cause me to easily double post inadvertently braking the rules.

Just throwing this out there. It would be child's play to code and would IMO improve the forums.

You can always just say "please delete" or "ignore this" if you accidentally double post. There's also no stopping a member form editing their own post with whatever multiple quotes are added or concatenated to the original post.

I think the aim has always been to prevent hit-and-run comments that are later deleted, which disrupt the flow of the forum threads; the coding's there but we just limit it to the moderators (although nothing's really removed forever).

Back