Destiny: Become Legend (Now with More Iron!)

• Thread starter Crispy
  • 4,545 comments
Not true at all. If you're a maxed 29, and I believe you are, and have maxed mercenaries that's DLC, I meant legendaries and exotics with good impact you'll be golden. đź‘Ť

Yes, you'll be doing less damage because of the handicap but your weapons will negate that to a degree.
I'm not even a maxed 28. And I don't have any useful exotic weapons :lol:. What are you looking at?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not even a maxed 28. And I don't have any useful exotic weapons :lol:. What are you looking at?
Get to 29 as quick as you can. You don't really need an exotic if you have raid guns like the Epilogue, Praedyth's Revenge, and Corrective Measure. When it comes to does come to exotics, I would prioritize sniper personally. Patience and Time and Ice Breaker more specifically. Rocket launchers aren't as useful on hard as they can be on normal if you ask me. For a primary a good scout rifle like the Vanguard A.1F is good in all situations.

@dhandeh I’ll will be there.
So do you guys think that getting to lvl29 is worth the materials? I need chest and gloves with 30 light, but I was thinking that if I upgrade my queens chest to the max that will get me to lvl29. That of course needs a lot of materials, in this case – 48 helium and 18 shards. Not sure if I should waste them just to gain half a level that will get me to 29. On another note – weapons at least are not a problem. I have too many already that need leveling up. Five exotics and a lot of legendries to mix them. Still I do want the Hawkmoon and the Vex Mytho-something…

For my first character I wasted a lot of materials ranking up everything as I didn't really understand what was what. For my 2nd character I have ranked up the exotic and raid armour all the way, but no ascendant on the non raid legendary. To he honest the only reason to get to 29 is to have a chance at hard raid, if you want to be conservative and wait until you get raid armour then that's a good strategy. For everything apart from hard raid 28 is fine.

Tl,dr - Save your shards for raid gear, don't use them for standard legendary gear, unless you must get to 29.

Last edited:
Ahh so the only reason to shoot for 29 is the hard raid. Well it has been two or three weeks since I joined a normal raid, then hard is out of the question anyway. So I’ll be waiting to get some raid gear it seems, but even more so, I’ll be waiting for a chance to join a raid. Come the DLC and the new 32lvl cap, maybe we will need a whole new set to get to 32?

Ahh so the only reason to shoot for 29 is the hard raid. Well it has been two or three weeks since I joined a normal raid, then hard is out of the question anyway. So I’ll be waiting to get some raid gear it seems, but even more so, I’ll be waiting for a chance to join a raid. Come the DLC and the new 32lvl cap, maybe we will need a whole new set to get to 32?

That's the problem. I will get to 30 this week, and two weeks down the line it starts again.
If you don't raid, and have no plan to raid you might as well level upto 29. If you want to go further than that, it's best to only upgrade your top gear that will give you more light, than what you already have. Otherwise all them shards and mats are wasted.

This week's Nightfall is summoning pits with void burn. So pack those void weapons.

I have upgraded my exotic helmet and raid boots to the max and the other two pieces only the upgrades that do not require shards. Will hold off upgrading more for now.

Void weapons are not a problem - I have them on all three slots.

Well that was fxxxing wonderful. I was playing for two hours without a problem and just as we got to the boss my d/c issues started. I’m sorry that you failed it twice because of my shxxty .. not sure even what. I can imagine your frustration, but believe me I was close to throwing the controller at the TV. So now, as you guys here are the only people that I have to play with, my weeklies are fxxxed…

Ugh. Void damage and I can't find a void legendary to buy for special. I just finally got a fusion but it does solar. Oh well. Hope to level it up.

Well that was fxxxing wonderful. I was playing for two hours without a problem and just as we got to the boss my d/c issues started. I’m sorry that you failed it twice because of my shxxty .. not sure even what. I can imagine your frustration, but believe me I was close to throwing the controller at the TV. So now, as you guys here are the only people that I have to play with, my weeklies are fxxxed…

If you are around tomorrow afternoon (2pm onwards), I can run through with you again. That character needs 200 kills in a nightfall so I wouldnt be annoyed if we wiped a few times! Don't worry, we will get you through it!

Has anybody here completed the Thorn bounty?

I'm on the last part and need some help, tried it with @BAKEMISTER but too many knights with arc shields and wizards with solar shields it goto abit much for the 2 of us, plus it takes while as you need to wait for the 3rd drop ship before xyor even arrives!

Ideally like help from someone with ice breaker so the wizards can be taken out with no fuss.

Let me know and we can sort a time.

Thanks!

And I FINALLY got a void Sniper. Along with another FWC armor piece and a 3rd unfriendly giant.

If you are around tomorrow afternoon (2pm onwards), I can run through with you again. That character needs 200 kills in a nightfall so I wouldnt be annoyed if we wiped a few times! Don't worry, we will get you through it!

I get home from work around 15:00GMT if that is OK with you, I’ll be there.

I get home from work around 15:00GMT if that is OK with you, I’ll be there.

Yes, that will be fine with me.

Has anybody here completed the Thorn bounty?

I'm on the last part and need some help, tried it with @BAKEMISTER but too many knights with arc shields and wizards with solar shields it goto abit much for the 2 of us, plus it takes while as you need to wait for the 3rd drop ship before xyor even arrives!

Ideally like help from someone with ice breaker so the wizards can be taken out with no fuss.

Let me know and we can sort a time.

Thanks!

I still need to do the 500 points crucible part for this. How long did that take you and remember you have the Void primary, while I only have secondary and special!

Great! Much appreciated!
I also need to finish the Thorn bounty, but it is not easy even with the Epilogue. I’m at 120 point atm. We can join in the Crucible Friday night or in the weekend if you want.
I have the Bad Juju bounty too and need to get something from Xur and then get 10 000 points in the Crucible. I really hope that is 10 000 total and not in a single game, or is it?

@dhandeh

Took around 20-25 games I think, the Epilogue helped massively, Tbh i don't think I'd be able to do it by just using a secondary or heavy!

Oh and I am still ill 'cough' so I can raid this afternoon if you can sort some people :)

@drandiiski

It's 10,000 in total so you can relax alittle, it will still take time but it's straightforward

Great! Much appreciated!
I also need to finish the Thorn bounty, but it is not easy even with the Epilogue. I’m at 120 point atm. We can join in the Crucible Friday night or in the weekend if you want.
I have the Bad Juju bounty too and need to get something from Xur and then get 10 000 points in the Crucible. I really hope that is 10 000 total and not in a single game, or is it?
It's just 10,000 xp points in total, no matter whether you win or loose your games. This should not take you more than 4 or 5 games. I'm not good at all at PvP and did this in 4 games.

I'll start my Thorn bounty tonight with the weekly epic/nightfall... As I'm a Warlock, the Void damage part should be a bit easier for me. Well I hope so, I don't like PvP and I'm really fed up with it now as I had to play countless games to get the Iron Banner gauntlets and hit level 30...

@Clark What are you doing tomorrow?

I can get back home for a few hours and tackle the nightfall and weekly, assuming nothing comes up and we have to turn the electricity off again while the house is being surveyed and readied for renovation. :grumpy:

I haven't played destiny in two weeks but I may try it again.

@Clark What are you doing tomorrow?

I can get back home for a few hours and tackle the nightfall and weekly, assuming nothing comes up and we have to turn the electricity off again while the house is being surveyed and readied for renovation. :grumpy:

I still need to do the nightfall and weekly with my three characters so would be happy to join you and Clark.

I will be on from about 6pm GMT today and tomorrow.

Latest Posts

Back