Destiny: Become Legend (Now with More Iron!)

• Thread starter Crispy
  • 4,545 comments
Well, I have donwloaded the Beta on my PS3 this afternoon.

When I created my profile on Bungie.net, I received 3 download codes. I used one, and I can give one. By now, I prefer to keep the 3rd code, maybe I'll give it later.

So first come, first served, send me an MP if you want a PS3 code... :cheers:

TSQJqiv.jpg

30-3

Best. Match. Ever.
It was 6 vs 4. Not too surprising your team dominated. Is it drop in drop out like Halo 4? Sucks seeing unbalanced teams like that in a game. Halo 4 allows players to fill in when other players leave.

I've played through the first tutorial mission as the... Um... Scout class (I don't know what they call them), got to the tower, bought or was given a scout rifle then went and did the first mission on hard. I really like it, if I had to sum it up I'd say it's Halo, Rage, Borderlands 2 and an MMO (I don't play any so I couldn't name any) all rolled into one. When I get my PS4 for The Phantom Pain I'll probably pick up a copy of Destiny too (unless a PC version is announced before then), but I don't think I'd buy a PS4 just for this. I kept wishing I could widen the field of view and control it with a mouse, so while it was really good it's not going to tempt me so much that I buy a PS4 solely for it. Oh yeah, I was playing on my brother's PS4, he pre-ordered it. Needless to say he's thrilled to finally have a game he actually wants to play.
Excellent. Thanks for the mini review.
Initially, I was hyped about Destiny and then I learned the emphasis was on MMO which I didn't particularly care as I'm not an online kind of guy, thus my interest in the game heavily waned.

I was watching a video yesterday on the character customization - and that's what reeled me back in. Something so intricate, yet utterly simple is what prompted my pre-order; I'm on the beta now just having the time of my life. :lol:

Glad you are enjoying the game.

What is the overall feedback of the game so far for everyone? Thought this thread would have been more active over the weekend.

Thought this thread would have been more active over the weekend.

The fact that it isn't might be a hint as to how people feel about the game! My brother hasn't stopped playing it yet, I know that much. I'm downloading the PS3 version of the beta (thanks again to @LJP64 for the key!) right now, but I think I posted my thoughts on the PS4 version on the previous page. I hope the PS3 version is functionally identical, but we'll see I guess.

The fact that it isn't might be a hint as to how people feel about the game! My brother hasn't stopped playing it yet, I know that much. I'm downloading the PS3 version of the beta (thanks again to @LJP64 for the key!) right now, but I think I posted my thoughts on the PS4 version on the previous page. I hope the PS3 version is functionally identical, but we'll see I guess.
Well, the PS3 version is a very good surprise, technically, especially considering how old the PS3 is. I gave it a short try yesterday and I'm already Level 4 (Arcanist).
I found no lag, bugs or freezes during that (short) time. The gameplay is very simple and intuitive, which IMO is a very good point. I still have to test the co-op part of the game to have a complete opinion, but at the moment I like it. I will continue to play the beta till the end and at that time I will make my final decision as to whether or not I will purchase the full game.

@neema_t, glad that the key worked. :cheers:

Well, finally I'm giving out my 3rd and last download code.
Please note that this is a code for PS3 and Europe. It won't work on PS4 or outside Europe.

Like yesterday, first come, first served. PM me.

It was 6 vs 4. Not too surprising your team dominated. Is it drop in drop out like Halo 4? Sucks seeing unbalanced teams like that in a game. Halo 4 allows players to fill in when other players leave.
It was 6v6 for the majority of the game, I think two people just gave up and left. Someone on my fireteam mentioned that he couldn't find anyone because I was killing them all. :lol:

There definitely is game joining, though. 👍

I pre-ordered Destiny for PS4 (which I have not bought yet) but used my code to try the beta out on PS3.

Have to say they did a great job. I played many hours got warlock to level 8, a hunter to level 3 and played some PVP. Not once was I disconnected nor did I see any lag and I am on a wireless connection with the router 2 walls/rooms away. The game is lots of fun, the voice chat works well, the controls feel good, and even on the old ps3 the graphics look pretty nice.

I gave my extra codes to a friend so he could play with his son and they are having a blast with it.

Well done Bungie.. bummed the beta is down for 2 days.. guess that will give me more time to play Grid AS.

I managed to have a go on the PS3 version and although the hardware is really starting to show its age, they worked around its limitations incredibly well. I might pick it up if I can find it for under £30 (I've seen the PS4 version going for about £35) but I'm not sure... I think it'll be a preorder at full price if it gets a PC release, though.

You PS users suck!!! :D jk, jk, I have mine downloading on the Xbox 360 right now! Taking forever. My Xbox One should come in the mail tomorrow so if anyone has a code, hint hint!

Wait so how do you get codes from bungle.net? Unless someone had an extra American PS3 code I can have.

So I got my Titan to level 8 (max level in the PS4 beta) earlier today and I've enjoyed it even more than I enjoyed the alpha. The game not only looks gorgeous, it plays wonderfully too. The last mission you can do is an absolute blast and I really can't wait to play more of those in the full game. I haven't tried the PvP yet but I plan on playing it soon, I'll be trying the other classes out as well.

Not sure if everyone knows but the Destiny beta is available for the 360 and X1 as of yesterday!!! A couple days early!! Not sure how the heck this slipped past my radar but I downloaded it last night when I went to bed. I plan to play the 360 version tonight.

I tried to log in yesterday night, but it was still under maintenance in Europe.
Have to wait till tonight before I can try again, I'm at work now...:irked:

Is there anyone with an headset wanting to play together, non of my friends have Destiny and I was looking for some people with mics to hang out with?

Is there anyone with an headset wanting to play together, non of my friends have Destiny and I was looking for some people with mics to hang out with?
I'd like to try a few coop coop missions (I have an old Bluetooth mobile headset that works well), but I'm in Europe, which means different on-line times...

I'd like to try a few coop coop missions (I have an old Bluetooth mobile headset that works well), but I'm in Europe, which means different on-line times...

Is there a way we could still do some co-op missions together?

Back