diff

• Thread starter ROBQT
  • 5 comments
Sorry peeps but I really do think diffs need to be a lot tighter than what I see in most tunes
Now that we have the data logger I have been able to improve the LSD tuning on my cars. Before the data logger it was all by feel and visual. If the data logger was in the track screen instead of the home screen, more people would use it and be able to improve their tunes more easily. That could be why some of the tuners have not increased their LSD settings more than the small amount that they are use to.

I'm a fan of locked lsd accel values, gives the best push out of slow corners but it doesn't work everywhere.
If the car has too much power or the tyres can't handle it then you basically end up with a drift car that is no use to anyone.
If the tyres can handle it then you will get throttle induced understeer on exit so its not great for flowing circuits where you need to stay on the throttle through the majority of corners.
On certain cars (lower powered lightweights) its a great option though, really helps to get the power down and keep the drive wheels constant.

A broad sweeping statement is rarely accurate, some cars work with a tight diff, some really don't. Start your own garage, post your own tunes, don't go judging other peoples work unless you are sure you can do better.

I'm a fan of locked lsd accel values, gives the best push out of slow corners but it doesn't work everywhere.
If the car has too much power or the tyres can't handle it then you basically end up with a drift car that is no use to anyone.
If the tyres can handle it then you will get throttle induced understeer on exit so its not great for flowing circuits where you need to stay on the throttle through the majority of corners.
On certain cars (lower powered lightweights) its a great option though, really helps to get the power down and keep the drive wheels constant.

A broad sweeping statement is rarely accurate, some cars work with a tight diff, some really don't. Start your own garage, post your own tunes, don't go judging other peoples work unless you are sure you can do better.
Sorry I just assumed when I mentioned diff I would be talking race tyres touring-gt cars judging game not people's work I take my hat off to all who give their time to post tunes..really do (camber angles in gt6) need I say anymore

Back