Digital Version compatible with Disc version save game and Anniversary bonuses?

  • Thread starter Thread starter RacingPanda
  • 7 comments
  • 2,060 views
Messages
453
Germany
Black Forest
Messages
GTRP_RennPanda
Messages
R3nnPanda
Hey everybody!
At the moment, my PS3 Slim (the older one with 250GB) is having disc drive issues again and to be honest, I really don't want to spend more money on a part that I have to replace myself. Plus, the digital version is cheaper than a disc drive, too. (it's just the laser, but I'm all thumbs, I could mess so much up, it's just too risky)
The problem is, I bought the 15th Anniversary Edition and of course I want to save some money and go for the standard edition which is on the PS Store. My question is, will my save game and my bonuses I got with my Anniversary Edition be compatible with the digital version? I really don't want to buy the standard edition just to find out that all the time I played was "worthless" (it wasn't, but you get what I mean) and the bonuses aren't compatible, either. And yes, for me, as a student without a job, 10€ are a lot of money (especially because I tossed all the money I saved over the last years out of the window :lol:), so it makes a huge difference.
I think they won't be, because the GT5P disc and digital version save games weren't compatible with the respective other version. But well, hope dies last. :)

Already huge thanks in advance for every answer!!
 
I can't say for certain as this problem happened to me with GTA 5 however I did keep all the collectors edition stuff and my game save when I made the switch to digital so in theory GT 6 should be the same.
 
I have almost the exact same problem, only difference is I bought the standard version on disc and was now thinking about getting the Anniversary Edition from the store (wich is currently down due to maintenance :( ). Would be cool to keep me updated, RacingPanda, or do you have the digital version already? If so, are the two (standard & Annv.Ed.) compatible?

Edit: PSN is back up for now, just in case someone needs the info aswell!
 
Yes.. I have the standard Download edition installed on one PS3,onto which I simply added the codes from my anniversary disc version. the codes are just download codes so no problem I now have those cars, paints and a million credits etc on my download version. The save file from my disc version (on another PS3) can be moved between them currently with no apparent Issues (same account etc).. handy if you have two ps3's in different houses.
 
If you would´ve answered earlier I would´ve chose to download the Annv Ed :D well now it´s the standard one. Currently downloading (very slow), I´m curious about what will happen to my save file from the disc version once download completed.

edit: So you were able to use these codes twice???
 
You can download (not redeem the codes) on up to 2 consoles using the same PSN ID. Once a code is registered to a PS3, you can use the cars on all multiple accounts (don't know how many).

The digital version and disc version will use the same save file, you have NOTHING to worry about.
 
Great to hear! Thanks for all the reports. 👍 I'll save some money for the digital version then.
 
Bump!!!

This is good to hear as my PS3 is starting to go on the blink disc drive wise I think anyway. Could be my room is freezing ATM. And as I have a PS4 I don't want to buy another ps3. Yet anyway.
 
Back