Do you spend too much time on GTplanet?

• Thread starter MuRRe
  • 46 comments

Do you spend "TOO" much time/are you obsessed with GTplanet?

• Hell yeah, but I love it

Votes: 28 47.5%
  • Hell yeah, but I should do other things

Votes: 18 30.5%
  • Nope, but I wish I had the time

Votes: 4 6.8%
  • Nope

Votes: 9 15.3%

• Total voters
Yes I do spend too much time on here, whether it's at home while I'm doing anything on the computer, or at work on my iPhone app.

And while I've been here I've noticed that things are quietening down on here as people drift off to other games and other more fruitful (I hope) pursuits.

Seasonal racing updates always kick things off again, as people either ask for advice on which cars to use, brag about how fast they are if they cut all the chicanes or bitch about how boring/difficult the new challenges are and I think it's highly significant that after 3 weeks of no updates, there's a detrimental effect to people's enthusiasm. If meaningful updates don't turn up soon, I'm thinking too many people will have gone for good.

SlyckTires
Yes I do spend too much time on here, whether it's at home while I'm doing anything on the computer, or at work on my iPhone app.

And while I've been here I've noticed that things are quietening down on here as people drift off to other games and other more fruitful (I hope) pursuits.

Seasonal racing updates always kick things off again, as people either ask for advice on which cars to use, brag about how fast they are if they cut all the chicanes or bitch about how boring/difficult the new challenges are and I think it's highly significant that after 3 weeks of no updates, there's a detrimental effect to people's enthusiasm. If meaningful updates don't turn up soon, I'm thinking too many people will have gone for good.

I agree, I myself have started playing dirt 2,dirt 3 and bad company 2 again, gt5 dident leave my ps3 for months and months and I hate to say it but am starting to find it a little stale, I still play it everyday but its not the first game I reach for anymore.

Oh Yes, but only until the NFL is back on track. Then my time will be split between, family, work, GT5, NFL, gtplanet

If I'm not on the PS3 or watching a little TV or sleeping, I'm on here. I usually get 4-5 hours of sleep nowadays. In the morning after breakfast I get on here to check what's new and look around for maybe an hour or 2. Jump on the PS3, if I can't then more GTPlanet. I'm on here way too much.

There should be something to show how many hours a person has spent on GTPlanet like some games in online mode do.

Not at all. Most of my time is spent at Gridironfans, a pro football talk forum. I've been a Bears season ticket holder for years so I like to talk trash and talk football a lot.

I haven't responded to your poll as I need a definition of "too much time".
I have it open on my cell phone web browser pretty much 24/7 as I've been sponsoring events in the tuning forum and adding tunes to my garage in the tuning forum.

Of course just because the phone is online doesn't mean that I am...have to sleep and work. But really is there such a thing as "too much time" on GTP?

I think the poll should maybe go by how many hours you spend on GTP a day. Of course with an option of under an hour.

I just realised that this poll is kinda useless :D
Since the people NOT spending alot of time here won't see the thread to the same extent the "Yes.." options will of course getting alot more votes.

I haven't responded to your poll as I need a definition of "too much time".
I have it open on my cell phone web browser pretty much 24/7 as I've been sponsoring events in the tuning forum and adding tunes to my garage in the tuning forum.

Of course just because the phone is online doesn't mean that I am...have to sleep and work. But really is there such a thing as "too much time" on GTP?
Well, it was of a fun poll, you can decide yourself what is too much time.

Back