Does anyone else feel the force feedback is better after 1.09 ?

• Thread starter turdhat
  • 38 comments
Wow, this guy ^. Comes into every thread debating the status quo. PD even said in the patch notes there was a change, if you cannot feel it, there must be something wrong with you, or you are just ham fisted and have the lack of ability to feel the finer things in life, please just go away.

I am just stating a fact from my personal experience. You don't like it? Don't read it and go back to your corner silently. Don't tell me what to do.

I am stating a fact from my personal experience. It is better on my wheel for sure. No placebo and no doubt. Had to change settings too. It is so much better.

YZF
I am just stating a fact from my personal experience. You don't like it? Don't read it and go back to your corner silently. Don't tell me what to do.

What "fact" are you stating exactly? It is not a Fact at all, it is just plain False. There was a change in FFB, it was stated in the changelog. If you cannot accept that "fact" then you must be deluded.

I have a CSR Elite and my biggest issue with GT 6 and the wheel is gone. I can now feel the rumble strips quite well. I even turned my FF down to 3 now from 5. Run gold lap times in spa gt academy for a full shakedown of how this update effected your wheel.

Additionally I can really feel the car rotate in trail breaking and control it. It simply feels much more responsive and alive.

Others suggesting the wheel should lighten up more on oversteer; this was a great trick to help the player feel rotation in Forza 4 in the absence of visceral sensations. But this is in fact unrealistic. I do still feel the wheel go a bit "flat" when I exceed the slip angle or loose grip with any tires and its diffrent between front and rear tires and is quite convincingly realistic. In a real racecar, at the slip angle, the wheel lightens because you are effectively "drifting" ever so slightly. Racing at the edge is the art "slipping" through turns... If you have full grip then your not going fast enough... And steering to much.

To me, there has been a major update to Logitec drivers/interpretation, and the adjustment in physics further highlights the changes.

I don't have a TS500 but I might suggest that any adjustments made prior to the update to compensate, might need to be re investigated to get the right setup.

Related but not exactly on topic; if you, like me, are waiting to see how the ps4 handles our last gen wheels, I learned at E3 of new wheels coming this year from a major known manufacture. And they will be very nice, but the mysterious part is that they will be doing diffrent versions for ps4 and Xbox... What can we assume know knowing this? No more "all in one wheels"? Is it the Xbox forcing a separate version but the ps4 might simply be an upgrade? Both should still work on PC.

I wish this wheel thing was certain as it will decide the console wars for me as a consumer...

I have a CSR Elite and my biggest issue with GT 6 and the wheel is gone. I can now feel the rumble strips quite well. I even turned my FF down to 3 now from 5. Run gold lap times in spa gt academy for a full shakedown of how this update effected your wheel.

Additionally I can really feel the car rotate in trail breaking and control it. It simply feels much more responsive and alive.

Others suggesting the wheel should lighten up more on oversteer; this was a great trick to help the player feel rotation in Forza 4 in the absence of visceral sensations. But this is in fact unrealistic. I do still feel the wheel go a bit "flat" when I exceed the slip angle or loose grip with any tires and its diffrent between front and rear tires and is quite convincingly realistic. In a real racecar, at the slip angle, the wheel lightens because you are effectively "drifting" ever so slightly. Racing at the edge is the art "slipping" through turns... If you have full grip then your not going fast enough... And steering to much.

To me, there has been a major update to Logitec drivers/interpretation, and the adjustment in physics further highlights the changes.

I don't have a TS500 but I might suggest that any adjustments made prior to the update to compensate, might need to be re investigated to get the right setup.

Related but not exactly on topic; if you, like me, are waiting to see how the ps4 handles our last gen wheels, I learned at E3 of new wheels coming this year from a major known manufacture. And they will be very nice, but the mysterious part is that they will be doing diffrent versions for ps4 and Xbox... What can we assume know knowing this? No more "all in one wheels"? Is it the Xbox forcing a separate version but the ps4 might simply be an upgrade? Both should still work on PC.

I wish this wheel thing was certain as it will decide the console wars for me as a consumer...

I do not get the slipping on understeer and never have. I believe the Gt2 shows as a g25 and the elite as a g27. However the force feedback has seen a major improvment. I mean it does lighten up a little but not as much as forza. I passed on both "next gen" consoles as well. Wheel support will be a deciding factor for me as well and Xbox 1 is already crossed off the list.

@Lawndart
I respect your opinion coming from somebody with both racing and developing experience. I know so far that Ferrari GTO and the Sauber feels pretty much the same to me on my G27. I'll keep testing my other cars

I thought it was a known fact that MS killed compatibility with old devices (don't know the details)

@Lawndart
I respect your opinion coming from somebody with both racing and developing experience. I know so far that Ferrari GTO and the Sauber feels pretty much the same to me on my G27. I'll keep testing my other cars

I thought it was a known fact that MS killed compatibility with old devices (don't know the details)
Yes, correct. What I'm hinting at is that this manufacturer is making 2 wheels, one for each next gen platform... Meaning the end of the "one wheel to rule them all"... For instance, why not just make a wheel that has both RFID chips for PS4 and Xbone? So I think the licensing of hardware this generation is much more restrictive than before and this will further force consumers to choose their platform... Personally I think it's a poor move and in fact pushes the customers away more than to choose... But I have no facts regarding why, just a hint of whats to come and it seems a little strange to me.

Back