Does the Nürburgring Fuel cheat still exist?

• Thread starter TonyLomas
  • 3 comments
TonyLomas
I can't remember if it was in GT5, GT6 or Sport but you used to be able to set up a custom race where you were in a small road car like a VW Golf and race a lot of GT1 cars. And if you set the fuel rate up to a certain level, all those cars would run out of fuel and you'd cruise past them on the long straight.
Is this still possible in GT7 and is it worth it?
I can't remember if the old multiplier for driving a slower car is what made it worth it in the old game.
I'm not expecting this to pay out hundreds of thousands, but a lot more than if you did a one make race.

In GT7, race cars generally do better on fuel than road cars. What you might be able to do is set up a race where the Gr.1 cars have too much downforce and are slower for that reason, for example Gr.1 cars aren't the best for the Tokyo 600 PP race. Custom race payouts in GT7 are pretty bad, though, so I doubt it will be any better than just driving the Tokyo 600 PP race itself.

I remember in gran turismo 3 changing oil right after buying a car brand new gave you extra horsepower, would be nice to discover cheats like this in the game 🤣

Last edited:
Back