Drag car

• Thread starter Mrkidneb
  • 17 comments
Any LMP car save the Nissan R390 GT1 Race Car '98 and AMG Mercedes Benz CLK LM Race Car' 98. The Suzuki ESCUDO Dirt Trial '98 will beat anything in a quarter mile drag race except for the cars you listed. Hell it might be the best for Top Gear too, although I think the LMP cars would catch up to the ESCUDO by the time you smash into the wall on the opposite side.

TVR Speed 12..

Put it in 4th gear.
Max the revs
Fire away

And watch everyone disapear in your rearview mirror in a huge cloud of smoke.

So awesome <3

The Speed 12 is slow until the Supercharger (or turbocharger, whichever one you use) kicks in and that isn't immediate. For Top Gear Test Track the Speed 12 is not the best. On top of that LMP cars will beat it on any course.

A properly tuned Enzo, ZR1, Viper ACR, LeMans Quattro and R35 SpecV will smoke the LMP cars in the short drag.

In the short drag yes, although I prefer the ESCUDO to all of these. On Top Gear, if you plan on going straight into the wall on the other side I think the LMP cars would hit the wall first.

In the short drag yes, although I prefer the ESCUDO to all of these. On Top Gear, if you plan on going straight into the wall on the other side I think the LMP cars would hit the wall first.
You are correct, 1/4 mile and 1/2 mile makes a difference.

Last edited:
about the Speed 12 - No power until the turbo kicks in?

Say what? That thing has enough torque to start a spaceship, i havent found anything that beat it on top gear yet. Not LMP's, not veyrons, nothing.

Obviously you need to use manual gear for it, but i think i mentioned that already.

OP: There's different classes for drag racing:

Street:
Classic muscle
Modern muscle
European Sports
Euro lightweights
4WD rally
4WD race
Japanese tuner
FF

Racecar:
LeMans
Race-modded
Formula
Classic Racecar
X1

Racing one class vs another is pointless because each has advantages and disadvantages against one another. A 400hp 4WD will beat a 400hp FF or FR 90% of the time because of the lack of wheel-spin.

Example: My TommyKaira ZZ-II, with 740hp, will keep up with the 1k HP Dodge Viper up to 160-170, where the Viper's horsepower will overwhelm the weaker car. But if your racetrack is only 1/4 mile, the ZZ-II will win.

This is why I wish PD would set up a legitimate drag racing mode with classes and brackets for official drag racing.

Don't forget the Lamborghini LP670-4 SV. It'll blast many other supercars out, due to it's superior 4WD. It'll beat those LMP cars too. Tested it myself. It has like 880HP and 7xx NM. But watch out in the corners, because it will even break out with racing softs...

Back