• 25 comments
EL_GABE
hey huys im looking for tunes on these cars
-Enzo Ferrari '02
-Camaro SS '10
-Ford GT LM Race Car Spec II
-S2000 GT1 Turbo
any of those cars will do thank you

Why do people ask for drag race tunes? It's pointless, get racing softs, choose gearing, full LSD ACCEL, add power, remove weight, no camber, no toe. And presto. The few times I've been online I hear a bunch of 50 cent wannabees preaching about their "drag tunes" there is no skill in that. It's stupid. And if I offend you then your one of them and its time to selfevaluate your intellect. I'm not against the op because he must have heard these same people and I hope he can see the idiocy of the hype.

That is your opinion Deutsch and he didn't ask for it, i wish people would stop slamming people, if it's not what ur into don't bother looking ..... or commenting, leave us "stupid people alone and go enjoy your games your way.

mvp90805, I have another stupid friend that is working on a really good setup for the enzo, i'll share if i can figure out how to get back to this thread, this computer box thingy is compli .... hard to work, lol.

Why do people ask for drag race tunes? It's pointless, get racing softs, choose gearing, full LSD ACCEL, add power, remove weight, no camber, no toe. And presto. The few times I've been online I hear a bunch of 50 cent wannabees preaching about their "drag tunes" there is no skill in that. It's stupid. And if I offend you then your one of them and its time to selfevaluate your intellect. I'm not against the op because he must have heard these same people and I hope he can see the idiocy of the hype.

Lol. Honestly you're right, there's not a lot skill to most of it, except gearing. Most people just wing gears in and have no clue how the gears effect the car or why they are choosing them.

But if you believe drag tuning is so easy, bring an acr to run my acr.

Cheers.

To the op. Drag racing is full of secrets. There's no skill to driving in a straight line. It all comes down to who's tune is better. If everyone had the same tune, it'd be boring. My suggestion, read and research real life drag racing setups, ideas, and theories.

Hope that helps some.

Maybe you should evaluate your intellect first. If you think it's just those areas then you are mistaken. You forget about things such as suspension which is essential to any quick tune, be it circuit, drift or drag. You forget about shift points, you forget about centre diff distribution, you forget about ballast and it's advantages for launching and most importantly, you forget about having the perfect launch rpm. As for your LSD comment, you forgot about having the right amount of initial torque (max doesn't work!) and removing the braking sensitivity. ;) And from our GT4 tuning days, a car runs better if it's running toe angle, so your zero toe comment holds about as much weight as a house of cards because all those areas in GT4 are working in GT5.

The #1 thing that you overlooked out of all this is that through drag tuning, you can perfect your takeoff in circuit races which allows you to be one of the first into the first turn or to move up several spots very quickly if you are somewhere near the back of the grid. 👍

People that dont know about drag, or street drag should not write here. The tuning is critical in drag racing, since you are going just forward. To all haters, do some drag racing, and see how much it can differ between cars setup.

What he said ^

Maybe you should evaluate your intellect first. If you think it's just those areas then you are mistaken. You forget about things such as suspension which is essential to any quick tune, be it circuit, drift or drag. You forget about shift points, you forget about centre diff distribution, you forget about ballast and it's advantages for launching and most importantly, you forget about having the perfect launch rpm. As for your LSD comment, you forgot about having the right amount of initial torque (max doesn't work!) and removing the braking sensitivity. ;) And from our GT4 tuning days, a car runs better if it's running toe angle, so your zero toe comment holds about as much weight as a house of cards because all those areas in GT4 are working in GT5.

The #1 thing that you overlooked out of all this is that through drag tuning, you can perfect your takeoff in circuit races which allows you to be one of the first into the first turn or to move up several spots very quickly if you are somewhere near the back of the grid. 👍

Dude you are a contradiction of yourself.Maybe you should read your previous posts,I could have sworn you said there was no drag racing 1/4 mile in the game.

mafia_boy knows your IQ is under 2.
1. It's the LOWEST times you're after not the highest.
2. YOU CAN'T MEASURE THE TIME OF A 1/4 MILE!! There's no place to do it!!
3. How many times can you ask about the same subject!??!

Now if you don't listen to this, then my status (right next to my username) applies to you.

Just to show everyone how repetitive this has gotten, let's show how many threads you've put up regarding the 1/4 mile.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=175656
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=174565
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=174045
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=174631
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=174441
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=174440
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=174625
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=174561
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=174044

Now CUT IT OUT!!! If anyone IS going to do it, it will be me because I have been doing it for GT4 for the past 5 years, quite successfully too mind you with over 1200 posts and OVER 100,000 VIEWS!! You can check it out here and learn how it's done properly.

If GT5 had a PROPER, TIMED 1/4 MILE, I would've ALREADY had a 1/4 mile thread dedicated to GT5 1/4 mile times!! But there's not, so anything you do on that little track you created (and sucked a few people into joining) or via the TGTT is just considered street racing and wouldn't be accepted as a legitimate time by any of the true drag racers that have dedicated the past few years to pushing the boundaries of 1/4 mile performance.

From the overseer of the 1/4 mile thread!!

Best quote ever at GTP: Even my dogs only take two goes at learning something's unacceptable, and they're both complete morons.

I'm sure he need it for online free run races .
just like this

so don't be shocked if someone asked about drag race . 👍

I'm sure he need it for online free run races .
just like this

so don't be shocked if someone asked about drag race . 👍

What is your point you can drive backwards on a track. Online free run races,with who 1 guy,that has to be fun.Try turning the wheel or sticks.There is no drag racing in the game.You all can pretend there is a track and there is a 1/4 mile blah blah blah.The Easter Bunny will be by very soon too.

What is your point you can drive backwards on a track. Online free run races,with who 1 guy,that has to be fun.Try turning the wheel or sticks.There is no drag racing in the game.You all can pretend there is a track and there is a 1/4 mile blah blah blah.The Easter Bunny will be by very soon too.

it's still a drag race nah ?
I don't remember 10 guys racing in drag race .
and again yes there are bunch of people do online drag race manually.
So you are a big fan of the GT-R and I'm a big fan of Viper so
let's limit our PP or BHP or any thing necessary >>> and do a drag race ?

|
--------------------------------------->>>>Viper ||
------------------------------------>>>>GT-R |

Sorry I win
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeow
the adrenaline got high wooof :gtpflag:

I assume you never tried drag race with 1 guy.

it's still a drag race nah ?
I don't remember 10 guys racing in drag race .
and again yes there are bunch of people do online drag race manually.
So you are a big fan of the GT-R and I'm a big fan of Viper so
let's limit our PP or BHP or any thing necessary >>> and do a drag race ?

|
--------------------------------------->>>>Viper ||
------------------------------------>>>>GT-R |

Sorry I win
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeow
the adrenaline got high wooof :gtpflag:

I assume you never tried drag race with 1 guy.

Actually they race 4 guys at once now in (real) drags check your facts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lg9pn9o8CFQ

There is no drag strip,timing system,or proper cars in this game so your comments are pointless.You can (pretend) race more than 2 guys in this game at Indy so your facts again are incorrect.
Anyway I don't drag race so have a nice day.

I said 10 people . :odd:
and again I already did drag race in GT5 online with 4 racers so that's why I didn't said 4 people .
how we did it
start line is the shadow of the tunnel
start time ( at the end of the 4th sec or 9th it will be go ) mentioned by someone with mic .
end line it's the end of the tunnel. so it's simple
who will win the race ? you will figure out when you try a drag race . ;)

I said 10 people . :odd:
and again I already did drag race in GT5 online with 4 racers so that's why I didn't said 4 people .
how we did it
start line is the shadow of the tunnel
start time ( at the end of the 4th sec or 9th it will be go ) mentioned by someone with mic .
end line it's the end of the tunnel. so it's simple
who will win the race ? you will figure out when you try a drag race . ;)

Great why don't you just drop a flag.A shadow,4th or 9th sec,end of tunnel,yeah mics are great on the PS3.Wow there is some serious ingenuity going on there.No timing system,no lights no 1/4 mile track.Let me repeat this,there is no Easter Bunny,Santa Clause,Tooth Fairy,and there is no Drag racing in GT5

Great why don't you just drop a flag.A shadow,4th or 9th sec,end of tunnel,yeah mics are great on the PS3.Wow there is some serious ingenuity going on there.No timing system,no lights no 1/4 mile track.Let me repeat this,there is no Easter Bunny,Santa Clause,Tooth Fairy,and there is no Drag racing in GT5

maybe because it's a street drag race . it's fast & furious :lol:
so are you playing for Santa Clause or what ?
damn , What am I doing here, it's pointless to talk to kids :drool:

why, why polyphony make this game +3 yo . :ouch: it should be at least +18 .

Your funny in a "Sling Blade" way

maybe because it's a street drag race . it's fast & furious :lol:
so are you playing for Santa Clause or what ?
damn , What am I doing here, it's pointless to talk to kids :drool:

why, why polyphony make this game +3 yo . :ouch: it should be at least +18 .

Just what I thought it's the Fast and the Furious crowd.Maybe they should put the Transformers in the game too.Hey PD can I change into Maximus Prime?.

Just what I thought it's the Fast and the Furious crowd.Maybe they should put the Transformers in the game too.Hey PD can I change into Maximus Prime?.

my friend Fast & Furious it's a car racing movie
Santa Clause it's a plane racing movie and of course with some milks and cookies. 💡 so always be ready for Santa .

Dude you are a contradiction of yourself.Maybe you should read your previous posts,I could have sworn you said there was no drag racing 1/4 mile in the game.

*checks previous posts*

Nope, never said anything about 1/4 mile racing in the game. Anything I've said has referred to STREET RACING since that's what we are doing. But checking my previous posts did remind me to ask where your slow as a boat anchor 454 Chevelle is again, since you never proved you owned one. :sly:

*checks previous posts*

Nope, never said anything about 1/4 mile racing in the game. Anything I've said has referred to STREET RACING since that's what we are doing. But checking my previous posts did remind me to ask where your slow as a boat anchor 454 Chevelle is again, since you never proved you owned one. :sly:

My car is in storage right now as it is winter and I don't drive it.I will have it out in about 1 month.Don't try and cover your ass with "it's street racing" crap either.

People that connect fast and furious to drag racing or street drag dont know anything about the tuning scene. The movie was made with influence from the street scene, streetracing allready existed long ago in the US.

My car is in storage right now as it is winter and I don't drive it.I will have it out in about 1 month.

Pics or BS, with a sign saying "Hello GTPlanet".

Don't try and cover your ass with "it's street racing" crap either.

That's what I've said the entire time. There's no official 1/4 mile, so all that people are doing is street racing. Go check my previous posts (click where it says "find all posts by mafia_boy" on my profile page) if you have the mental capacity to do so and quote where I've said there IS a 1/4 mile. I've always said "street racing" so it's not covering my ass at all, it's the truth and it's all detailed in my post history.

My car is in storage right now as it is winter and I don't drive it.I will have it out in about 1 month.Don't try and cover your ass with "it's street racing" crap either.
You still havent listed your modifications on your car, that acording to you have 850 hp. Your chevelle only exist in your mind, and will be killed by some civics in real life. Take your car to the streets, and you will see.

Back