Drag Racing at SSRX (Read Carefully)

• Thread starter Chopurtree
  • 161 comments
"Full throttle" and "full throttle from black screen" are two different things, "Timed rpm" is another different thing again. On "full throttle" can give 4 different results, "full throttle from black screen" will yield only 1 result consistently, "timed rpm" launch you never get to full throttle before the launch but around 6000 rpm or so.

When I refer to a full throttle launch time I mean Full throttle from black screen, but I just can't be botherd to type that out each time. I was always under the impression everone else here refered to it the same way.

Going full throttle at any point after the black screen has loaded is no different to a timed launch in my opinion.

Plus a timed lauch is also a "full throttle" launch technically you just wait untill the right time to press the throttle, it don't launch at half throttle and build up to full throttle, if you time it too late and launch while the accelerator bar is still filling up it will bog down. The second the game lets your car move you be at full throttle with a timed launch.

So does mazda know your trick? Because you are asking him does your trick work on it. I don't want to start an arguement but I just want your honest opionon as a adult conversation.

There is no trick to my time mate, he may think there is but I assure you otherwise. It's not 'my' trick' so stop saying that. I was talking about what everyone is doing in here.

Once again for the people who aren't reading correctly: I do not do this or anything like this to get my times, so stop incinuating and making it out like I do because I respond to this thread....POSITIVELY!

The point of my question was to ask mazdaman if he knew %100 undeniably that it could not be done on the black edition is all.

Last edited:
There is no trick to my time mate, he may think there is but I assure you otherwise. It's not 'my' trick' so stop saying that. I was talking about what everyone is doing in here.

Once again for the people who aren't reading correctly: I do not do this or anything like this to get my times, so stop incinuating and making it out like I do because I respond to this thread....POSITIVELY!

The point of my question was to ask mazdaman if he knew %100 undeniably that it could not be done on the black edition is all.

ok. That actually helps. And when you asked him does it work are you talking about the brake thing?

ok. That actually helps. And when you asked him does it work are you talking about the brake thing?

Yes, I don't know anything about this trick as I don't do it and never have. It may yield slightly faster times but i don't know, he seems to know or somebody who knows seems to be filling him in so why not pass the information on to us.

No point in showing him a picture like this if it can be done on the car now is it?

picture.php

Really now after looking around the web and seeing what times I could find, I want to work on getting the SpecV to run an 8.999 but I don't know how much the 2.09 update changed my car. It was an 8 second car six months ago.:lol:

Well, I can not get this trick to work with a timed launch every time i'm getting a G increase, so i'm giving up trying to see if it could be done to get a faster time than 9.022.
All I know is it can be done with this car from a full throttle black screen launch and the G's wont rise.

If it can be done from a timed launch on this car then I would like to see it.

I'm going to try this trick on a few FF's tomorrow as from what I remember quite a few FF cars can be launched full throttle from black screen to get leaderboard times. (or close to them)

Well, I can not get this trick to work with a timed launch every time i'm getting a G increase, so i'm giving up trying to see if it could be done to get a faster time than 9.022.
All I know is it can be done with this car from a full throttle black screen launch and the G's wont rise.

If it can be done from a timed launch on this car then I would like to see it.

I'm going to try this trick on a few FF's tomorrow as from what I remember quite a few FF cars can be launched full throttle from black screen to get leaderboard times. (or close to them)

I was told it couldn't be done on front wheelers but some guy showed proof it could but we never seen if his SRF was off so he could have been using that. Either way, they showed it could be cheated, mine is legit.

"Full throttle" and "full throttle from black screen" are two different things, "Timed rpm" is another different thing again. On "full throttle" can give 4 different results, "full throttle from black screen" will yield only 1 result consistently, "timed rpm" launch you never get to full throttle before the launch but around 6000 rpm or so.

ill have a youtube video in 1 hour trying to explain all the launch types.

When I refer to a full throttle launch time I mean Full throttle from black screen, but I just can't be botherd to type that out each time. I was always under the impression everone else here refered to it the same way.

Going full throttle at any point after the black screen has loaded is no different to a timed launch in my opinion.

Plus a timed lauch is also a "full throttle" launch technically you just wait untill the right time to press the throttle, it don't launch at half throttle and build up to full throttle, if you time it too late and launch while the accelerator bar is still filling up it will bog down. The second the game lets your car move you be at full throttle with a timed launch.

Sorry, My my wording wasn't quite right, Timed launch is still full throttle but not reaching max rpm at launch but catching at say 5000 rpm as the rpms are building under full throttle as the countdown hits "0" , whereas going full throttle at say 3,2 or 1 you'll be at max rpm on the limiter at launch thus not really timing anything its just a random full throttle launch but not from black screen and will give varying results...you indeed are still applying full throttle during all three types of launches.

Think we pretty much agree, I should have said you never get to full rpm rather than full throttle.

Back