• Thread starter X3sgteX
  • 21 comments

X3sgteX

Senior Dragger
Premium
United States
Kansas
x3SGTEx
Anyone know what I'm talking about? I for the life of me don't know how people are managing this??

Example:
Roll up to line.
Stop.
Put rpm's right up to redline (but not going into redline)
THERE that's it there in full boost... No over revving.

Now if you rev the car to it's maximum rpm limit (lets say 7900 for this example) you can be in full boost. But if you set your rpm's to say 7400 rpm ( which is going to be right at redline or just before) your car will never create boost.. It will show the same amount of boost being shown as if just sitting there.

I feel in a drag race this could be crucial.
Is this some kind of trick like the brake start?

The car will be at max boost at any RPM as long as there is no major turbo lag. If there is turbo lag, get above the threshold of lag (6000 RPM in Suzuki Escudo), then dump the clutch and floor it.

I am talking before you launch the car. You are referring to after. Put yor car at 6000 ( if that's not over revving) and watch your turbo bar. I bet you if you hold it at 6000 your turbo goes back down to as if at idle.

Exactly.... So how have people managed to defy the games physics. There is no load on a stationary car. Yet ive seen people start with there turbo bar full.

Exactly.... So how have people managed to defy the games physics. There is no load on a stationary car. Yet ive seen people start with there turbo bar full.

the boost isnt real, if the revs and the throttle are at the right point, you will get boost, if not, you wont, in GT5 cars, the boost off the line (maybe wait a few feet) is the same as if you had built boost for 5 minutes

That's not what I'm referring to. I'll try to upload a picture here shortly to get a better understanding of what I mean.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/851/img1781.png/

This is what I'm referring to. This skyline is stopped HOLDING his rpm's at 7800-7900? (no over revving) and the boost bar to the right is full.

Now before its said (since this is a still image) you can create full boost for a short second when blipping the throttle. But it will not stay. And this car like I said before was holding his rpm's.

Does this make more sense?

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/851/img1781.png/

This is what I'm referring to. This skyline is stopped HOLDING his rpm's at 7800-7900? (no over revving) and the boost bar to the right is full.

Now before its said (since this is a still image) you can create full boost for a short second when blipping the throttle. But it will not stay. And this car like I said before was holding his rpm's.

Does this make more sense?

I think I understand what you are saying but when you launch you usually get full boost within miliseconds of when you leave anyway. Don't think this is a major factor in drag racing.

Idk about that.. If you have two identical cars but have this kind of advantage it will matter by the time your at the end of the strip. That 1-2 mph advantage at the start will end up 5-6 at the end. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I think I understand what you are saying but when you launch you usually get full boost within miliseconds of when you leave anyway. Don't think this is a major factor in drag racing.

Thats what I was trying to say, I takes no time to get full boost

In gt5 cars don't have to build boost which is why there isn't real turbo lag (yes I know some cars simulate it based on rpm) so as soon as you mash the throttle you'll get full boost so trying to built boost won't gain any advantage even if it's possible.

Still not so sure about that. This guy shoots out of the hole HARD. It's like having the advantage of ghost starting....and we all know how fair that is... But in this case you can't be called out on it.

Back