drag racing help

• Thread starter steleb
  • 23 comments
Canada
NB
rifleguy20
hey gtp lately I've been drag racing alot lately and for some reason some of my car which has alot of power for example: tempest Le mans gto '64, challenger '69
Both have over 720hp and every time a make a pass i spin on the take off trough 1st, 2nd, 3nd. I've played with the gear ratio's and the suspension i made some improvements but still spin trough 1st and 2nd so is there something i can do to the gear ratio and the suspension that will stop me from spinning as much i know that spinning is a part of drag racing but not as much as this so please help.

I don't want to be told to go trough the search option but I've done that and I can't seem to find what i want.
I know that drag tunes are almost impossible to get out of people, but i'm not looking for a tune I'm looking for tips.

well 1st things 1st. if your gonna drag in a old muscle car, you need to start in 2nd. make sure your not on the paint when your on indy road course drag racing. i dont give out drag tunes. you have to find the right gear ratio for you on your own. i can give hints and tips but no ratios.

this may help you.make sure you have all parts bought. then set your final gear all the way down to the left. then its up to you. under the LSD you want your torque lower then your acceleration. now under your suppension, make your front low and your rear high. thats all i can tell you with out given away the tune.

Break in, more rear toe. Drop front and raise rear... etc

no i haven't tried but everywhere i look on this forum it says to have 0.00 toe and 0.00 camber but i will try using some toe is 0.20 enough toe ?

steleb
no i haven't tried but everywhere i look on this forum it says to have 0.00 toe and 0.00 camber but i will try using some toe is 0.20 enough toe ?

How much toe is something that I must still keep a secret. Just test-n-tune and you will see. You don't see this anywhere because this is something he master tuners keep to themselves.

I don't want to be told to go trough the search option but I've done that and I can't seem to find what i want.
I know that drag tunes are almost impossible to get out of people, but i'm not looking for a tune I'm looking for tips.
Funny, there are exelent tips here on gtpanet, you could take a look at the tuning guide thread, and on "drag tuning basic" thread, page 4, post 14. There are to much info to be explained, so simply, all you need to do is to read the guides. There are no shortcuts.

How much toe is something that I must still keep a secret. Just test-n-tune and you will see. You don't see this anywhere because this is something he master tuners keep to themselves.
Some times, your statements doesnt make any sence, master tuner or not, these gt5 secrets are hardly secrets, its just limited to certain people. Actually the master tuners are those that helps the most.

TT3AZ
Some times, your statements doesnt make any sence, master tuner or not, these gt5 secrets are hardly secrets, its just limited to certain people. Actually the master tuners are those that helps the most.

You find a drag thread and I'm there 99.99% giving tips. Giving tips and the secrets to great tunes are 2 totally different things.

You find a drag thread and I'm there 99.99% giving tips. Giving tips and the secrets to great tunes are 2 totally different things.
Well not really, since many of these secrets are more or less things that manny people know how to do, but they dont think about it. Well, you could argue that exact numbers and variables are secrets, but hardly the concept of it. I cant think of any secrets, other than exact values. You could probably end up with the same result having similar values. For example the front up, rear down trick or what ever. Thats nothing new that you could gain slightly better acceleration and top speed? by applying this on some cars. Still people in drag rooms talk about this as it would be a secret. "Ohh dont tell him, hes not a team member". There are hardly any secrets to great tunes, just a mix of real life tuning and trial and error.

TT3AZ
Well not really, since many of these secrets are more or less things that manny people know how to do, but they dont think about it. Well, you could argue that exact numbers and variables are secrets, but hardly the concept of it. I cant think of any secrets, other than exact values. You could probably end up with the same result having similar values. For example the front up, rear down trick or what ever. Thats nothing new that you could gain slightly better acceleration and top speed? by applying this on some cars. Still people in drag rooms talk about this as it would be a secret. "Ohh dont tell him, hes not a team member". There are hardly any secrets to great tunes, just a mix of real life tuning and trial and error.

Even if you don't give a specific number, you can still give something away that wasn't known by many people. Toe and camber are examples of those as when I suggest this to people they are reluctant to follow as they never heard it before. Ballast, anti-roll bars and torque diff are things that can give you a big edge over the competition but not many people talk about them.

Even if you don't give a specific number, you can still give something away that wasn't known by many people. Toe and camber are examples of those as when I suggest this to people they are reluctant to follow as they never heard it before. Ballast, anti-roll bars and torque diff are things that can give you a big edge over the competition but not many people talk about them.
These tings have been talked about before on gtp though, specially those that played gt4 and did drag racing. For me, i cant say these things are new, how ever i dont know how all this affects the car while dragging. Usually, its the newcomers that dont know about this, on the other hand they dont even know what tuning is at all..

TT3AZ
These tings have been talked about before on gtp though, specially those that played gt4 and did drag racing. For me, i cant say these things are new, how ever i dont know how all this affects the car while dragging. Usually, its the newcomers that dont know about this, on the other hand they dont even know what tuning is at all..

lol true. And when they do find out what it is and what hard work it can be then they want tunes handed over to them on a silver platter...

Some good secrets for U guys....Lower your tire pressure to about 22psi, full downforce, about 157kilos in the ballists, I like to remove my side mirrors for less wind drag, Comfort Soft tires, be faster than the guy next to U and painting your car Speed Brown Metalic Matte Pearl always works for me...shhh dont tell anyone

Some good secrets for U guys....Lower your tire pressure to about 22psi, full downforce, about 157kilos in the ballists, I like to remove my side mirrors for less wind drag, Comfort Soft tires, be faster than the guy next to U and painting your car Speed Brown Metalic Matte Pearl always works for me...shhh dont tell anyone
Ehe...keep it real

Back