DS3 Gran Turismo 5 Button Layouts: What's yours?!

• Thread starter NeoXenzaka
  • 75 comments
L2-brake
R2-accelerator
L1-look back
R1-flash lights
Triangle-reverse
O-upshift
Square-downshift
X-handbrake
D-Pad-RA Menu and functions
Right Analog-look around
Left Analog-steering
L3-horn
R3-unused
Select-view change
Start-pause of course

I think I got all the buttons

Default mostly.
Does anyone know what ghost does and how to use it? I tried setting it up then when i try to see what it does, it doesn't work.

D-Pad for steering.
Analogs for looking around.

X: Reverse
Square: E-brake
Triangle: View Change
Circle: Rear View

L1: Down Shift R1: Up Shift
L2: Brake R2: Accelerate

I thought it was easier to control throttle and braking pressures by assigning it to the triggers and because I don't know how many PS2 controllers I went through all of them with mashed in X buttons. lol

Default mostly.
Does anyone know what ghost does and how to use it? I tried setting it up then when i try to see what it does, it doesn't work.

Ghost activates a "ghost car" of your fastest lap that you can race against in say like practice laps or time trials.

A ghost car will only be made after completing at least 1 valid lap and will continously update as you run faster times. 1 ghost car per session. If you would like you can save the ghost car for several sessions.

It's helpful as you can continue to refine your driving lines through the course as you capitalize on mistakes and inefficientcies of your ghost to gain faster lap times and better understanding of a car's capabilities.

R2: Accelerate
L2: Brake
R1: Change view
L1: Rear View
Right Stick: Gears and wipers
Left Stick: Steering and horn
X: Handbrake
O: Flash
[]: High Beam
/\: Reverse

Just noting some things I've come across:

There appears to be no reason to have separate buttons for flashing high beams and toggling high beams as you cannot flash at night and you cannot toggle during the day. Either that, or you cannot flash on tracks where it might become night, and can't toggle where it won't. Not sure now, but it's definitely an either/or and you can never do both, so either way having the option of using separate buttons is redundant. My next re-map will go back to the "dual-use" version.

Also, there is no actual reason to have a button for wipers unless you like to run them for comedic/aesthetic effect, since they come on automatically when it starts to rain and then you cannot turn them off until it stops... when they will stop automatically.

Sometimes this game makes no sense... ok a lot of the time.

R2 - Go
L2 - Slow
X - Shift Up
[] - Shift down

Only ones I've changed.

Although I did have shifting setup for the right joystick, pull down to shift up, push up to shift down. Worked pretty well, but I couldn't get the hang of it so I switched back to my regular setup.

R2: accelerate
L2: break
Left: stick steering
Right stick up: change up
Right stick down: change down

I find having the gears like this makes shifting quick and easy

Triangle: reverse
Circle: hand break
Rest are default

Back