Error 80029564

Portugal
Portugal
jikamehameha
JShadowKing
Hi there folks
I have a very annoying problem with my PS3. It's called error 80029564:yuck:. After downloading stuff from PSN, I get this error when installing those things on my HDD. It's always when install reaches 14%. I just don't understand what's happening, and looks like a bit random. For example, some months ago I stopped playing GT5 because of this error which corrupted my data while updating. I tried again, same thing. But then I went to a friends house who has cable net (with router and that stuff), and it downloaded perfectly, including the free games from PSN, game updates, etc. But with my connection it's this crap. I use this to connect my computer to my internet:
21jrqdj.jpg

It's a mobil broad band PEN. I then connect a LAN cable to my PC and net goes: PEN -> PC -> LAN cable -> PS3.
Yesterday I updated Bioshock 2 on second try, NFS HP just can't update, those Mini's from PSN install on first try, LBP updated on first try, Wipeout HD just can't install...This is weird:grumpy:. I tried to disable my firewall but nothing happened, and I don't think that is a HDD problem...

Is there any kindly mind able to help me?

Allow me to thank to these kind users who helped 'til now. If anybody has anything else to share please do it:)👍

Last edited:
Hey there! This is the right forum, don't worry!

Lets get cracking:

Whats your download speed, a low one usually gives out said error code. If its high, its likely your PS3.

If its low, I've said this many times before that the best option is to get a Fibre Optic interwebs.

Them stick interwebs connection aren't that brilliant to be honest.

:)

You are right. My friends net is very good, but this due to mobility and unlimited downloads is better for me, as me and my sister have laptops. I would be more "normal" if it wouldn't install always, but looks like it's random...oh stupid internet...and thanks mate:tup:

Are you saying you have a mobile connection? This error reports on how your PS3 receives data through your router(or the usb device you got there) and something bad happens that causes part of the data to go corrupt(So it's not the PS3's fault. It's the device that connects you to the internet).

So how is your internet set up? It could be simple as replacing that USB stick with another one.

Are you saying you have a mobile connection? This error reports on how your PS3 receives data through your router(or the usb device you got there) and something bad happens that causes part of the data to go corrupt(So it's not the PS3's fault. It's the device that connects you to the internet).

So how is your internet set up? It could be simple as replacing that USB stick with another one.

Maybe. I'm going to buy a new PEN that supports 7.2Mbps. Hope it solves the problem...
Thanks for the attencion:) I'm very glad to know that is not a PS3 problem.

Wipeout HD not installing is most likely due to a corrupt download, try downloading it again to see what happens. If your internet connection is intermittent or inconsistent you can end up with a download that seems fine, but isn't, I know this firsthand because my connection is shockingly bad. I've had plenty of downloads that haven't worked, downloading again (sometimes more than once) usually works, for me at least.

Wipeout HD not installing is most likely due to a corrupt download, try downloading it again to see what happens. If your internet connection is intermittent or inconsistent you can end up with a download that seems fine, but isn't, I know this firsthand because my connection is shockingly bad. I've had plenty of downloads that haven't worked, downloading again (sometimes more than once) usually works, for me at least.
I already tried three times (I think, or was it two?). Anyway, I think that sometime it will work, as NFS: HP updated after 4 tries. The problem is lack of patience and worring if it messes with the system. It takes 1 and 1/2 hours to download Wipeout. But what really confuses me is how the files corrupt...it's just stupid...I really don't understand what the hell happened...

But what really confuses me is how the files corrupt...it's just stupid...I really don't understand what the hell happened...

Data corruption is a tricky thing, loads of things can cause it. I think, and this is purely me guessing, I think what happens is the first few kb of the file is a header to tell the PS3 what it is and how big it should be, then the rest of the download is actual data. If the connection drops out for even a second during the download the packets will be written incorrectly, but it'll be the right size, so the PS3 won't notice that the data is incorrect. Or something. In any case, if at all possible try a wired connection and see what happens, but I was under the impression that those cellular internet pens are quite unreliable for downloading large files.

It's only that a chunk of data was not download correctly and it messes up the entire install of a game or update. And yes, the mobile internet has more of a delay than a regular wired connection. A satellite connection is even more bad at this. So I would try replacing the mobile pen before you change internet plans or go to a different ISP.

Hello! i've recently had the same experience 80029564, installation data corrupted at 14%. Just like GTShadowKing i was using a a usb/dongle broadband pocket modem which was connected to my laptop, then my ps3 connected to my laptop via connectify. Ive never experienced this error before, all dlc's, demo's, qore magazines etc was installed perfeclty. So i would like to ask GTShadowKing how was your progress? did you tried connecting your ps3 to a direct connection to the router via ethernet cable? did it worked?

Hey mate. This problem still happens if I use my USB internet unfortunately (only small downloads work) but if I connect via LAN to a modem it works perfectly (this is on a friend's house). The place that I live is not the best for USB internet's but I can play online so, I have to live with this problem:) Hope it helps.

Latest Posts

Back