Extremely Slow loading/response

• Thread starter Cue2
  • 15 comments
I need help. GT5 has become extremely slow. I click GT Life and it stays on the same screen for about a minute as if I haven't even clicked yet then the loading screen shows some time later. Then after the loading screen shows for about 5 minutes I get to the menu and anything I do there takes ages too. I tried clearing my cache, restarted game, restarted PS3, but none of this helped.
what could be the problem?

Doesn't sound like a hardware problem when you say Need For Speed works fine. You could try deleting your GT5 installation (not the save file containing your progress). Just keep in mind that deleting the installation data will erase your photos, saved replays and I can't remember if there's more. You could wait and see if someone else has a better suggestion.

Doesn't sound like a hardware problem when you say Need For Speed works fine. You could try deleting your GT5 installation (not the save file containing your progress). Just keep in mind that deleting the installation data will erase your photos, saved replays and I can't remember if there's more. You could wait and see if someone else has a better suggestion.

I'll give that a try later, Thanks. I'll backup my replays and photos. 👍

I'll give that a try later, Thanks. I'll backup my replays and photos. 👍

You can't "backup" photos since you can't port them again...
I have this problem as well.
It can take about 5 minutes to leave online and it takes about 4 minutes to start GT5 for me.
I have 1124 colors and 1151 cars and I haven't been in the museum since GT5 was released.
Save files is 3289kB large.
Play Time 4323 day(s)

You can't "backup" photos since you can't port them again...
I have this problem as well.
It can take about 5 minutes to leave online and it takes about 4 minutes to start GT5 for me.
I have 1124 colors and 1151 cars and I haven't been in the museum since GT5 was released.
Save files is 3289kB large.
Play Time 4323 day(s)

Turn off the PS3 for a while. I came back the next day and everything was fine again.
What do you mean you can't port them again? As in, I can't put them back into my savegame?

You could try deleting your GT5 installation (not the save file containing your progress). Just keep in mind that deleting the installation data will erase your photos, saved replays and I can't remember if there's more. You could wait and see if someone else has a better suggestion.

Deleting the install data does NOT delete your replays and photos. I've done it after both of the "major" updates to cure minor problems.

I have this problem too after the last update - has anyone confirmed a solution.

I'm willing to try deleting the installation but I'm not entirely tech-savvy as far as the PS3 is concerned. Just so I'm clear deleting the GT5 file in the "Game Data Utility" folder (and reinstalling it) would potentially clear this up? The GT5 file in the "Saved Data Utility" folder contains my saves (i.e. my cars and progress?)

Thanks in advance for the help

Deleting the install data does NOT delete your replays and photos. I've done it after both of the "major" updates to cure minor problems.

Deleting that large 8GB+ file deletes images, replays and even profile image, hence why the import from XMB was on the topic.

I have this problem too after the last update - has anyone confirmed a solution.

I'm willing to try deleting the installation but I'm not entirely tech-savvy as far as the PS3 is concerned. Just so I'm clear deleting the GT5 file in the "Game Data Utility" folder (and reinstalling it) would potentially clear this up? The GT5 file in the "Saved Data Utility" folder contains my saves (i.e. my cars and progress?)

that's correct

Saved Data Utility is your savegame
Game Data Utility is game updates/installs but it may also contain your photos and replays it seems.

From GT5 ... Go to Options > Utilities > Delete Install Files

When it's done, restart GT5 and it will ask you to reinstall the files. Do it and then when it's done, restart.

It will take a long time, more than an hour. You will not lose any of your personal data including replays, pictures or anything else. It's just the install files being deleted. Trust me, I've done it twice.

It might have something to do with your internet.

I live on a college campus and every hour, the internet goes to hell and slows down a LOT! During this time, I can't load GT Life from any other page. I'm sure it has something to do with GT Life monitoring the time of day, what day it is, and other factors.

It's unfortunate they coded it that way. :(

Back