Failed to create livery error

United States
United States
Hey all I have been scouring the Web trying to find an answer to no Avail. Does anyone have an idea on why I cannot upload Liveries. I can make as many liveries as I want but none of them will upload it says failed to connect to server and then failed to create livery. I have reset my router I have changed the Internet DNS to 8. 8. 8. 8 where days secondary DNS of 8. 8. 4. 4. I've tried disconnecting the network on the playstation 4 and reconnecting it. Nothing works. This is the coolest feature of the game. And now this doesn't even work for me. Please somebody give me an answer.

Hey all I have been scouring the Web trying to find an answer to no Avail. Does anyone have an idea on why I cannot upload Liveries. I can make as many liveries as I want but none of them will upload it says failed to connect to server and then failed to create livery. I have reset my router I have changed the Internet DNS to 8. 8. 8. 8 where days secondary DNS of 8. 8. 4. 4. I've tried disconnecting the network on the playstation 4 and reconnecting it. Nothing works. This is the coolest feature of the game. And now this doesn't even work for me. Please somebody give me an answer.

Happens to me most of the time also, has since I got the game. I'd guess maybe 8 out of 10 times it fails, I haven't found any way around it.

Just have to be patient I guess.

Happens to me most of the time also, has since I got the game. I'd guess maybe 8 out of 10 times it fails, I haven't found any way around it.

Just have to be patient I guess.
well i see everyones uploading but me trying to get a handle on this lol

I’ve found that error to be completely false when it comes to uploading liveries. You might find that the liveries you have created will still show up in the “Change Car Livery” section of your Home menu.

Unfortunately, this doesn’t always appear to be the case for any of the other in-game uploads. I’ve only been able to upload a handful of photos, 99% of the time I get an error.

I’ve found that error to be completely false when it comes to uploading liveries. You might find that the liveries you have created will still show up in the “Change Car Livery” section of your Home menu.

Unfortunately, this doesn’t always appear to be the case for any of the other in-game uploads. I’ve only been able to upload a handful of photos, 99% of the time I get an error.

I've had photos error, only to find I've got 5 copies of the same thing online before, same with liveries. It's almost like the game says it's failed but then sits in a queue on the server or something.

Have you considered deleting data/uninstalling and reinstalling GT sport?

Hmmm, it does seem that it's getting worse. After upload failures it's not even showing in my liveries, or the garage selection screen. It is only available in the livery editor itself at the moment.

Hmmm, it does seem that it's getting worse. After upload failures it's not even showing in my liveries, or the garage selection screen. It is only available in the livery editor itself at the moment.
Yes that's the problem I'm having.

I can make as many as I want and sometimes they'll upload as long as they are not very complex.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Patrick3086

I don't think it's got anything to do with complexity. 5 Rectangles and a number plaque...

DQy9DSwW0AEzBJW.jpg

... doesn't upload.

Just did an internet connection test on my PS4, and it's registering about 30kbps upload.... so I wonder if it's got something to do with that. Might try a wired connection tomorrow once I can pick up a 20m network cable.

.. also Patrick, you shouldn't double/triple post... it's against the law here.

@Patrick3086

I don't think it's got anything to do with complexity. 5 Rectangles and a number plaque...

View attachment 698850

... doesn't upload.

Just did an internet connection test on my PS4, and it's registering about 30kbps upload.... so I wonder if it's got something to do with that. Might try a wired connection tomorrow once I can pick up a 20m network cable.

.. also Patrick, you shouldn't double/triple post... it's against the law here.
Thank you for the update Any input into this issues definitely appreciated. Also thank you for letting me know that wasn't my intention to be breaking the law. My intention was to continue that 1 post but I accidentally kept hitting post instead of continuing the line

So tonight I dug out my 20m network cable and plugged my PS4 directly into my router.

PS4 connection test indicates an up speed of about 17Mbps..

All the liveries that haven't been uploading worked first time.

This encourages me to believe that resource upload failures may be connected to internet speed.

hummm f
So tonight I dug out my 20m network cable and plugged my PS4 directly into my router.

PS4 connection test indicates an up speed of about 17Mbps..

All the liveries that haven't been uploading worked first time.

This encourages me to believe that resource upload failures may be connected to internet speed.
humm food for thought

Hello to all, I have the same problem only that I can not attack the modem cable to play because they are in different rooms, how can I solve??, Thanks in advance greetings from Fra

it does look to be something with the connection if its some what weak it will not work. just because your connected to the internet does not mean you'll be able to uplod liveries

The problem where it doesn't show up in the "change livery" menu just happened to me on a single livery I started before the servers outage and finished during it. I can make new designs on the same or other cars and upload them perfectly, but this one doesn't want to, even after duplicating it and trying to add / remove a few layer. It uses a lot of gradients though.

EDIT : the game definitely hates having a lot of gradients on a livery.

Last edited:
What happens if the livery fails to work

Back