Favourite Race?

• Thread starter Sunzi
  • 27 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
What has been yours guys?

Mainly talking about the race that kept you engaged to the end, pushed you to the limits, finding a gear you didn't have or hanging on for dear life?

Mine would be High Speed Ring 30mins (Gone with the Wind). This is the only Event in which I have seen Purple and Pink rain. Unlike the other rain events that predictably have a spell of rain before drying out commanding a decision on when to switch back to slicks, this was just blue rain or pink rain. Of course you start towards the back of the pack too and I did it in a Stock NISMO 13 Gr.3. I won by the skin of my teeth on pit strategy but it was the most intense for me as I never came into the picture, despite pushing, until the last couple of laps, and when I did, I was clinging on, on worn Wets. That would definitely be my favourite.

Notable mentions:

Maggiore Human Comedy is the stuff of legend aswell. So tough I enjoyed it - definitely improved as a "driver". I have that to look forward to again (as I reset).

Deep Forest Human Comedy - Inostroza in the Taycan, the way he bears down on you and there's nothing you can do but accept it and keep lapping consistently relying on his last pit-stop (which he occasionally hasnt/doesn't make).

What are yours?

The Daytona 4 chili race is the one I have enjoyed the most so far. In general, most of the chili races have been enjoyable.

I liked all of the Human Comedy missions (I wish there were more and longer races).

I also liked the Spa race from the last update.

Last edited:
Maggiore 1 hour endurance (The Human Comedy) in Missions. All of the field starts close together, and not with the leader 30 seconds ahead, and the AI is incredibly competitive and fast despite the BoP settings being active. It was a race where strategy and being consistent with your lap times was key.

I quite like the Spa and Le Mans endurance races, the Interlagos turbo race (quite fun using Supra/ RX7 and other road cars) and the Fuji 800 PP race

Maggiore 1 hour endurance (The Human Comedy) in Missions. All of the field starts close together, and not with the leader 30 seconds ahead, and the AI is incredibly competitive and fast despite the BoP settings being active. It was a race where strategy and being consistent with your lap times was key.
I would say it is because of BoP rather than despite: players cant find a different setup to gain an advantage and instead have to rely on the same driving rules (Grady with the Audi surely shows that AI can lose traction too).

Broad Bean Raceway Sunday Cup, because the track is the shape of a poorly drawn heart and I ❤️ 💩📦 cars

Last edited:
Deep Forest Human Comedy - Inostroza in the Taycan, the way he bears down on you and there's nothing you can do but accept it and keep lapping consistently relying on his last pit-stop (which he occasionally hasnt/doesn't make).
I didnt remember being him that fast and just did the event again, he wouldnt finish close to 2nd place but more around 5-8.
Maybe the updates in the meantime have reduced his cars power.

I didnt remember being him that fast and just did the event again, he wouldnt finish close to 2nd place but more around 5-8.
Maybe the updates in the meantime have reduced his cars power.

Not sure for you - you could be much, much, better than me - but the gist of the mission is that Inostroza is quicker than all cars on the field but he pits more than anyone else because of the Taycan's battery. So if he's not troubling you, I'm not sure why.

He is the challenge in this mission basically.

For me it’s the 30 minute Le Mans race. Not only does it give you a great payout, it cycles through the full gambit of weather conditions unlike some other races and you can use a large array of cars to compete in it. I’ve used so many different Gr4 and Gr3 and all are fun to compete in this race with and offer different challenges and strategies. Plus this track layout has a little bit of everything.

For me it’s the 30 minute Le Mans race. Not only does it give you a great payout, it cycles through the full gambit of weather conditions unlike some other races and you can use a large array of cars to compete in it. I’ve used so many different Gr4 and Gr3 and all are fun to compete in this race with and offer different challenges and strategies. Plus this track layout has a little bit of everything.

Yeah this is a good event. It was my "grind" for the same reasons you highlight.

But with this thread I guess I was aiming to get an idea of your most intense race experiences during the campaign.

Tsukuba chili race is always intense, although for grinding I think Sardegna 15 Laps is my new favorite. No wet conditions, just go. The F1500T-A makes quick work of that race.

Not sure for you - you could be much, much, better than me - but the gist of the mission is that Inostroza is quicker than all cars on the field but he pits more than anyone else because of the Taycan's battery. So if he's not troubling you, I'm not sure why.

His prerace talk pretty much sums it up: he plans to be quick and at least according to the fastest laps he usually is pretty fast.
Tried a few times in succession now (to push myself), and the results vary by alot (like in all other events because AI does random stuff). But to me it was most often Beauvois (and I like the car he choose).
1654032298067.png

But as far as it goes, I still havent finished S7 (so to me this is currently the most difficult thing to do). And I havent driven every event yet, I am stuck on a few favourite I like to loop and improve on for now.

Last edited:
His prerace talk pretty much sums it up: he plans to be quick and at least according to the fastest laps he usually is pretty fast.
Tried a few times in succession now (to push myself), and the results vary by alot (like in all other events because AI does random stuff). But to me it was most often Beauvois (and I like the car he choose).
View attachment 1156107

But as far as it goes, I still havent finished S7 (so to me this is currently the most difficult thing to do). And I havent driven every event yet, I am stuck on a few favourite I like to loop and improve on for now.

Yeah, I think Inostrozas finishing position depends on if he pits around 58 minutes. If he does, then he will fall back. If he doesn't he wins the races in my experience.

I've raced it a few times and it's not clear if he will pit or not at 58mins. Sometimes he does, sometimes he doesn't. Not sure what influences it... maybe overall race pace.

Tsukuba Tuned Cars. Reminds me of my favourite GT4 Tuning Grand Prix race at Apricot Hill. Tuned cars, Classic GT Grid start, fast paced.
I spend more time at Le Mans, Spa and Sardegna, obviously. However, the Tsukuba race is pure joy. I’d do Human Comedy Kyoto if it paid more than once. That‘s a cool combo.

Tsukuba Tuned Cars. Reminds me of my favourite GT4 Tuning Grand Prix race at Apricot Hill. Tuned cars, Classic GT Grid start, fast paced.
I spend more time at Le Mans, Spa and Sardegna, obviously. However, the Tsukuba race is pure joy. I’d do Human Comedy Kyoto if it paid more than once. That‘s a cool combo.
It is a shame, that human comedy only is once time pay for the time "invested", but they are fun all the same.

The new 950pp St. Croix for me ... It would be my go to race if its rewards were in line with 800pp Sardegna. As it is, I'm still doing it again and again.

I also love the Broad Bean Raceway Sunday Cup. I'd love to see some longer races on it. A really simple, fast rolling track that's especially fun for normal and kei cars. The races I enjoy the most? Any of the Deep Forest races. I love the track and the scenery and it's long been one of my faves.

The Spa 1 hour is my top pick. It's an easy win in any gr3, but I try to physically lap the field to up the intensity. Or use different class cars to keep it interesting. Did it last night in the Porsche Living Legend, it's pretty thirsty, so that made things tight for a while with extra stops, but a very enjoyable drive.

30 minute Le Mans I'm enjoying as well, even more so lately now that the rain seems a bit more varied on arrival time and intensity.

I also love the Human Comedy races at Kyoto and Alsace. The set of 10 races really need to be added to the circuits as another grinding option. They tick pretty much every box on fun factor, but fall down badly on the single payout. The way PD have gone about the addition of those races has me convinced that no one at PD would have any hope of finding a clitoris. lol.

Surprised no one mentions this race:

WTC 600 CHAMPIONSHIP - Suzuka. (this is not a race of the world circuits)

By far... and it's not even close, the hardest race in the game. And I hated it because the "challenge" is absolutely unreasonable (in the hard AI setting)

5 Laps at Suzuka, with the leader starting at the end of the S section, basically ~40 seconds ahead. You have to be about 8 seconds per lap faster than the leaders while overtaking the moving road blocks and with a car that has quite a lot less straightline speed than them.

Absolute madness.

I had no issue with him in the race either. He ended up finishing 8th or something by the end of it.

The Clubman Plus races are some of my favorites. You have everything from that Honda Beat trying to fit in with the bois, to a Volkswagen Beetle with a 911 motor crammed in.
These really are fun races. I guess I was expecting the whole game to be more like this when I bought it. I wish there were at least some more decent events like these.

Edit: I think that the most challenging and rewarding race for me was the last Human Comedy race at Maggiore. It was truly hard and required a little bit of everything to succeed. I’d do it more if there was any sort of payout for it, and I may go back just for giggles at some point. But it is one of the few races that really ought to be one of the “grind” races because it is so challenging. If PD wants to make it harder to grind credits, this is the sort of race they ought to make available to us because it’s not a forgone conclusion that I’d win every time.

Last edited:
I think that the most challenging and rewarding race for me was the last Human Comedy race at Maggiore. It was truly hard and required a little bit of everything to succeed. I’d do it more if there was any sort of payout for it, and I may go back just for giggles at some point. But it is one of the few races that really ought to be one of the “grind” races because it is so challenging. If PD wants to make it harder to grind credits, this is the sort of race they ought to make available to us because it’s not a forgone conclusion that I’d win every time.
For sure.

If they scrapped the Human comedy as a whole and made them an endurance series, I think grinding wouldn't be so nerve racking.

Especially with the pre-1975 race at Alsace and Ordonez' Hoonigan Samba Bus. 🤣

Tsukuba chili race is always intense, although for grinding I think Sardegna 15 Laps is my new favorite. No wet conditions, just go. The F1500T-A makes quick work of that race.
What's the strat like with the F1500T-A? I run that one when I'm low on credits, 1 stop in the GR2 NSX, usually lap all other cars by lap 14.

What's the strat like with the F1500T-A? I run that one when I'm low on credits, 1 stop in the GR2 NSX, usually lap all other cars by lap 14.
Tbh sounds exactly the same. RH tyres, pit around Lap 8. Using FM4 you usually lap the field by 14-15.

The acceleration in 3rd gear and higher is complete insanity in the F1500T-A, I love it. Plus it sounds amazing when you bang it off the rev limiter.

Last edited:
My definite favorite has been the 30-minute Le Mans WTC700 race. I love that you can pretty much use anything you wish for it as long as it is tuned properly. I have used everything. Gr.4 cars, detuned Gr.3s, “RM” road cars, old prototypes like the 330 P4, etc. Today, I was dominating with a detuned 917K. Such a fun race that can be tricky at times with the rain making you decide what the best strategy should be.

The 12-lap Tokyo WTC600 race is also fun now that I have pretty much learned the track and what cars to use.

Back