FFB 1.12 Update

• Thread starter DRambo
  • 758 comments
The new FFB is actually awesome. Last night when I drove the X2014 Standard at Suzuka Seasonal the car bottomed out along the backstraight. For a moment the wheel just got stuck in straight position and vibrated like crazy. Then when I started to brake for the chicane the sensation diminishes. I drove the Standard many times before 1.12 for grinding and never felt it. It was AWESOME!!! :D

Also, with road cars the wheel is actually pretty heavy now. I had to turn FFT down to 3 to drift last night. It takes some getting used to, but once you do it's definitely a step up, even for Logitech users 👍
Hmmmmmm, I got a whole bag of nopes for that last bit- it's ****

Hmmmmmm, I got a whole bag of nopes for that last bit- it's ****

Sometimes changing your perspective can help. I got so fed up with 1.12 that I left GT untouched for a month (save for seasonals). I played Grid Autosport during that time. Recently I've been going back to GT again expecting floppy steering, but I'm surprised to find it's actually pretty good.

Compared to pre 1.12 it's weaker sure, but once you 'reset' your expectations and evaluate the new FFB with the perspective of a new game it's pretty good. But if you keep believing that it's ****, then it's going to always be ****

I don't mean to be rude but you are gonna have to get used to it,you seem to be the only one who doesn't like it.

You arent being rude... its not like you told Glowplug to put a plug in it...
But he is getting a bit repetitive, IMO... especially to those (like me) that dont share is view on the matter.

I haven't touched gt for a while.

The first thing I noticed was the better FFB.

Feels closer to LFS (my benchmark for decent FFB)

it's nowhere near perfect. But I can feel what the front tyres are doing more than before.

DFGT

Latest update 1.13, broke my g25 wheels' force feedback motor. Had a smell of something burning while playing and turned out to be one of the ffb motors of my g25, and burnt chips.

Now with 1.14 I get update errors.

Very very dissapointing, makes me wanna sell my ps3 and go for forza console. And I've been a fan since GT1.

Now I have to get a new wheel, console and game.

Everything was good when running 1.11.

Just made the stupidest move. After searching everywhere (completely missed that thread:banghead:) I bought a new dfgt thinking the old one was broken.. Well you know the rest...

EDIT: than God they gave me the equivalent credit back to buy anything else from the store.

Is there any hardware hack to pump up the FFB in DFGT since we know that the potential is there (after 1.11 update ffb reduced dramatically)

Last edited:
Just made the stupidest move. After searching everywhere (completely missed that thread:banghead:) I bought a new dfgt thinking the old one was broken.. Well you know the rest...

EDIT: than God they gave me the equivalent credit back to buy anything else from the store.

Is there any hardware hack to pump up the FFB in DFGT since we know that the potential is there (after 1.11 update ffb reduced dramatically)
Is this still true for GT6? I've been playing a lot of iRacing recently and when I returned to GT6 I thought my G27 was 🤬 . Turns out it's just GT6 that has more detailed but weaker FFB (I can definitely feel the wheel doing more than the last time I played).

on 1.18 now
Works perfect for me with a DFGT and really always has except the one-off bug which was extremely light, but the hotfix or next update fixed it immediately.

Back