[FFB] Power Steering Option doesn't work anymore

• Thread starter poumpoum
  • 11 comments

Can you confirm the same behavior with your wheel ?

• Yes

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 50.0%

• Total voters
France
France
poumpoumk
Since the 1.12 update and the force feedback hotfix, my T500RS has felt really heavy :confused:

I tried a lot of different configurations but the wheel was still too heavy so I fired up GT5 :

Yeah, the power steering option seems to be broken now :banghead: Even with ffb settings @1/1 in GT6, the wheel is heavier than ffb @4 in GT5 without power steering...

I really hate playing GT6 right now because of this. Cars feel like tanks :nervous:
I like bodybuilding but not when I'm driving a car...

A post where I describe the problem.

Last edited:
I had never used the power steering option until after 1.12 or was it 1.11? The one that added the Toyota LMP.

I use an Elite wheel and the FFB was very very strong after that update. I reduced the setting and still very hard to hold the car on the straights. I turned on the power steering and it felt a bit softer.

When 1.12 came out I still had the power steering on and FFB set at the lower level from before. There was very little feel. I increased FFB and then turned off the power steering to get the feel back.

It seemed that turning the power steering on helped reduce the amount of left right shudder on the straights.

I can't imagine a settings of 1/1 would be to heavy for anyone. The Elite I use is a pretty strong wheel and I still use a much higher setting than that. I think I am at something like 8/5 or so. before 1.12 I was running a setting of 5 or 6 without the power steering.

On GT5 I ran it at 10

hmmmm I tried power steering long before 1.12 on my t500 and on or off it didn't make any difference

Before 1.12 I used to change this option everytime and the feeling was exactly like in GT5... Basically I used power steering for road cars and drift cars.

Sorry to hear your T500 has become that strong. I use a G27 and that became much too weak with any FFB settings, for my taste.

With power steering enabled there used to be normal resistance during the first move but just about none during the following one (doing a Scandinavian flick for example) which, in fact, is the exact opposite to how real power steering acts. The hydraulic system can react fast enough to the first move but quite often falls behind during subsequent turns of the wheel.

As much as I'm going to be hated for saying this, I'll say it anyway: everybody using a G25 or G27 with FFB 10 and/or power steering ON before 1.12 had it quite seriously wrong when realism is considered. The wheel at those settings is (well, was) unrealistically heavy and the power steering works the wrong way round. I'm a G25 user, used to have FFB 6 without power steering and it was already heavier than my real cars, neither of which are especially light to begin with. Of course personal preference is one thing but saying that the current settings for G-series Logitechs are unrealistically light is simply false. They're much closer to reality than ever before, excluding the few obviously flawed cars such as the 97T.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for your reports.

Yesterday I tried to drive my yellow bird on the nordshleife :nervous: (comfort medium)
With this insane strong force feedback the car is not fun anymore, it's so difficult to counter steer...

As i said before, the road and car feedback have been greatly improved
but the force feedback (torque) is a total mess
"same hardware" T500RS and different behaviors ...
i have a friend who have the exact same problem as you have,
he even unplugged his T500 to play back with his broken G25 ...
looks the opposite with logitech users
most don't have any problem (like for T500RS) but some really feels (that's not a placebo feeling) that there is less torque
i used to have mine on 4 or 5 on my G27 to match my real car feeling and now at 10 it's weaker than at 1 before those patches

i repeat "TOTAL MESS" (like for the sound problem we had)
and to a certain degree car settings

where is the Japanese Industry Quality gone ?
they used to be so proud of it, look at it now ... Shame ...

Back