[PC] DCS 1.5 & 2.0 Open Alpha

So I learned why flying the Black Shark was so hard. I forgot to trim it and disengage autopilot :rolleyes:

Edit: But the rudder still seems really hard to control, I guess it's just practice.

Edit 2: The Black Shark is surprisingly stable:
642cr9.jpg

Without a tail:
309k35z.jpg

Some photos with the dirty windows mod:
2viqzao.jpg

Notice the line of dust/dirt from the windshield wiper:
2mrwrwp.jpg

Met some random helicopter pilots on the carrier:
28l839c.jpg

95srpl.jpg

2h6eyjt.jpg

2n9cjli.jpg

Edit 3:

Ok, so i finally got used to the hang of hovering (no dirty window mod [in beta])
357hbpt.jpg

24xndox.jpg

1 Meter off the ground "Yeeeaaaahhh"
i39vf5.jpg

I flew around hopping to and from oil rigs with an Mi-8 pilot:
eb8rp3.jpg

fp2qli.jpg

a2ddvs.jpg

Last edited:
Damn that looks like fun. I'm on my way home from Valencia, can't wait to give it a go again :) Maybe tonight if all goes well.

edit;
Well that went well. I'm home already. Only a 5 hour trip!

Going to install that window mod, it's looking nice @terminator363 ! If you have time, I can fly..

Last edited:
Thanks yes I want :D The dirty windows look good ingame. I'll install the Shkval too :)

I'm at work during World Cup but I can after that. That's 11.30 pm local for me (GMT+1) . Maybe then?
Perfect

Edit: Is anyone using Freetrack NoIR? I'm having problems configuring profiles for DCS. :confused:

Last edited:
It's a 🤬 to configure though. I'm still trying to configure the speeds at which it registers my head movement (I wish it could calibrate itself or something).

It's a 🤬 to configure though. I'm still trying to configure the speeds at which it registers my head movement (I wish it could calibrate itself or something).

Wish I could help. Maybe later this week, I'm seriously interested in this.

I see a few videos on YT that show what others are using, maybe that could help?

Wish I could help. Maybe later this week, I'm seriously interested in this.

I see a few videos on YT that show what others are using, maybe that could help?
I tried, problem is, all cameras, lenses, lighting environments, etc. are all different for every user. I tried other people's profiles but none worked.

Just tinker with the default settings (only small inputs and changes on the graphs for DCS, the defaults are already roughly close to what you want).

Ordered a webcam just now, couldn't find my old one. It will arrive tomorrow..

edit;
I purchased Flight Sim X Gold too :embarrassed: I hope it arrives tomorrow, I also hope my pc can handle 3 screens on Flight Sim... (?)

Last edited:
Carlos has the hardware arrived?

Yeah man! Though I'm doing nightshift now so I'm basically brain dead during daylight. Just arrived at work :P

Been doing some Flight Sim though, enjoying myself big time. I'm on my last shift now but tomorrow and Tuesday I'm going on a mountainbike trip, so probably Wednesday when I get home after work (11.30pm) I can try to get it working :) I'll keep you posted :D

Got a couple hours to mess around today in training servers.

zDKU3Pi.jpg

I started flying through some valleys and a couple random people started following me. This was one of them.

4r4yzcX.jpg

7WJ7asJ.jpg

Going up for some bznz in the A10. Cannon training.

gJmMqpC.jpg

I was responsible for probably half of those flaming scrap heaps :3

MZ7848j.jpg

Into the F15

J23wqJn.jpg

My first air-to-air kill that wasn't in a tutorial!

wY0tDOX.jpg

Pretty ride back to the base

o55slsc.jpg

8oo2G3u.jpg

I'm having a problem with FaceTrackNoIR, whenever I go to F2 view the camera spins out of control. What gives?

Edit: Ok after a lot of tinkering I think I finally almost got Track Noir to work properly. @Carlos , if you need any help ask me.

Last edited:
Of all the things in this game, I can't think of anything worse than taxiing the Mustang :S

I've taxied a tail-dragger in real life and it was way easier than it is in this game. Maybe if I had proper foot pedals it would be different...

Of all the things in this game, I can't think of anything worse than taxiing the Mustang :S

I've taxied a tail-dragger in real life and it was way easier than it is in this game. Maybe if I had proper foot pedals it would be different...
Use your driving wheel pedals (if you have them)! It could be the large amount of torque from the 'stang?

I have my suspicions with the tailwheel model, it seems way too unwilling to lock up after being unlocked. In any case, using the left/right wheel braked independently gives me decent control. Also, try powering up when trying to stop a turn so your rudder gets more authority.

Use your driving wheel pedals (if you have them)! It could be the large amount of torque from the 'stang?

I notice it slide wildly even when I'm already moving and completely off power. I do have the DFGT pedals and I've been meaning to set them up

I have my suspicions with the tailwheel model, it seems way too unwilling to lock up after being unlocked. In any case, using the left/right wheel braked independently gives me decent control. Also, try powering up when trying to stop a turn so your rudder gets more authority.

Usually whenever I power up it just gets worse :lol: Left/right wheel braking sometimes saves it, but even with that it's still tricky to the point of me going "🤬 it, I'll go fly an A10!"

Well I guess the good news is the F-86 comes out this weekend, and it's basically the P-51 with trike gear, a jet engine, and near supersonic speed.

Also just in case no one has heard, DCS 2.0 is scheduled for this year.

There aren't many details yet, besides the release of EDGE, possibly Nevada, and the MiG-21. Originally 2.0 was just going to be a 1.3.0 updated, but ED decided to make it bigger than that. We're still waiting to find out exactly what it will contain.

This might sound a little harsh but I would rather see an updated Caucasus theater with improved textures and buildings than an pretty blank desert map.

I'm with you, I like the current map a lot. Just need to be a bit bigger.

As far as maps go, VEAO is planning to release a few.

Old maps:
Georgia/Russia

New EDGE maps:

Nevada
Normandy (1944)

VEAO possible maps:
Duxford
North Africa – Tubruq
Mach Loop – Welsh Valleys
Falkland Islands

Back