[PC] DCS 1.5 & 2.0 Open Alpha

I have a job interview today ugh...

You're going for fighter pilot?

Bingo fuel, dumping all to make the flight back
15174918550_4c6b92633a_o.jpg

15175081107_7d7c7338ba_o.jpg

15358428261_81dfa65f76_o.jpg

15338595696_4d5127fa6d_o.jpg

From tomorrow I'm 4 days off work so if you want I can stay up late to meet your timezone. (not today)

edit;
Did some flying with some other Dutch guys. We all went bombing on one enemy airbase with heavy defense.
15176577180_d70430eb83_o.jpg

15176680788_553918c7d5_o.jpg

The airbase was 12 minutes flying in an A-10 so imagine for the KA-50 :lol:
15176576860_88530345fe_o.jpg

15363262875_dbe6503a70_o.jpg

15176575610_7b857be369_o.jpg

Last edited:
You're going for fighter pilot?

Bingo fuel, dumping all to make the flight back
15174918550_4c6b92633a_o.jpg

15175081107_7d7c7338ba_o.jpg

15358428261_81dfa65f76_o.jpg

15338595696_4d5127fa6d_o.jpg

From tomorrow I'm 4 days off work so if you want I can stay up late to meet your timezone. (not today)

edit;
Did some flying with some other Dutch guys. We all went bombing on one enemy airbase with heavy defense.
15176577180_d70430eb83_o.jpg

15176680788_553918c7d5_o.jpg

The airbase was 12 minutes flying in an A-10 so imagine for the KA-50 :lol:
15176576860_88530345fe_o.jpg

15363262875_dbe6503a70_o.jpg

15176575610_7b857be369_o.jpg

What is the maximum speed of the KA-50?

Supposedly 390 km/h but when I reached that in-game my blades usually fly off :(

The Vne warning comes on at about 310km/h, if you try to go above that any control movement will likely break the helicopter.

Does anybody want to do some KA-50 practice tonight?
Nothing with weapons, just some navigation and formation flying.

Edit: Had a nice one hour flight doing some hovering, mountain landings, and some cross country.

Screen_140930_200543.jpg

I think the real life lessons are paying off in the virtual world.:D

Last edited:
You still have this problem? Is your connection so bad or..?

99% sure the router/modem combo they gave us is going bad. If I do a quick reset it works flawlessly for another hour or so, then goes right back to being as crappy as that. Trying to get them to send us another one, but anyone who has dealt with them before knows how that goes...

99% sure the router/modem combo they gave us is going bad. If I do a quick reset it works flawlessly for another hour or so, then goes right back to being as crappy as that. Trying to get them to send us another one, but anyone who has dealt with them before knows how that goes...

We have the same problems here. Currently running without a router..

To add to what I said before about the Vne speed, look to the ceiling to find the outside temperature gauge, and then look at the height above sea level on the altimeter. On the left will be a little chart that tells ou what your Vne will be for different altitudes and temperatures.

Anyone want to fly the Shark tonight?

Night flying with Bopop:
2eod3c0.jpg

We were getting shot at from a truck on the soccer field. Proof that I saw him: @Bopop4 , he's at the base of the soccer field:
674ns9.jpg

Going straight at him:
25ro0ag.jpg

Take cover:
wismft.jpg

I think I see him :lol::
jtqtdg.jpg

Well I went straight up after they killed my pilot, I never would have guessed they hit me:
xelbpu.jpg

Remember how I was hovering, waiting for you in that open field?
Remember how you flew past me trying to get slowed down and started heading towards the tower in your path?
Remember how you SAW the tower, and then still flew straight into it?
I cannot recall.

The Hormuz screens look pretty good.

attachment.php

attachment.php
attachment.php

Was doing some training, turns out a tank has greater range than the 30mm gun.
Screen_141009_223128.jpg

Screen_141009_224537.jpg

No stability at all, and all the SAS channels weren't working either.

One thing I'm wondering about. I saw on the DCS site that there's a su-25 for sale. What's the difference between that and the one included in the free download?

One thing I'm wondering about. I saw on the DCS site that there's a su-25 for sale. What's the difference between that and the one included in the free download?

That is the SU-25A, the free one is the SU-25T.

The A doesn't have the Shkval targeting system, has less advanced avionics (No HUD.), has no IR jammer in the tail, and can only carry 2700kg of fuel vs the 3800kg of the T.

They only made several T models, whereas the A was actually used in combat.
The A is also much lighter, so it's quicker and it handles better.

Don't buy it separate, you get it in FC3 anyways so just wait until that goes on sale and then you get the A, the A-10A, and all the fighters bar the MiG-21.

Last edited:
If someone on here has the MiG 21 can you tell me what skins it comes with?
Off the top of my head, a skin from Finland, Serbia, one from the Russian air force, one from the Russian defense forces, and one a fictional "Northeria" skin. I think they'll be adding more in a future patch, but I'm not sure right now.

The really, really long list of skins originally planned had to be scrapped.

The Su-25T is semi modern, while the Su-25A is between WWII and Vietnam with regards to weapons and avionics. The HUD is barren, essentially a cross that says "explosions will happen here", but you do have some laser guided weapons like the S-25L. All target finding and ID is visual in the A, unless you have someone else pointing out targets to you (but you still need to ultimately find them with your eyes). Like Bopop says it's more agile than the T, but not as agile as the A-10. It's significantly faster though.

This sim has taken over my personal life, my working life and my sim racing life!

I have recently switched to PC gaming due to my desire to run proper racing sims such as iRacing, AC, R3E etc. I had put a few hours into iRacing and had a play with the rest after downloading off Steam...then I saw this DCS World title.

Well, that's where all the trouble has started!

I'm watching YouTube vids when I should be working (check out 'simis g' and 'ralfidude'), I'm reading the F-15C flight manual when commuting (printed it out and got the mail room guy to bind it!) and flying when I should be practicing for my iRacing championship!

So far I have clocked up 96 hours in DCS and I can't get enough. I have only spent time in the F-15 and I'm learning something new everytime I take her out.

I bought myself a Thrustmaster Afterburner HOTAS but already thinking of upgrading to a Saitek X55 with rudder pedals.

I haven't touched the single player compaign yet only had a go on quick missions and spend most of my time in multiplayer, usually training servers or 929th, 51st or 104th servers.

Looking forward to the F-18 and hoping for a Falcon, Tornado and Raptor sometime in the future!

At the moment I'm on every evening and all weekend! Hope to see you guys on the taxiway sometime!

Call sign: PIPSTER

EDIT: Will be flying tonight at around 21:30 if anyone is up for it...

Last edited:
This sim has taken over my personal life, my working life and my sim racing life!

I've had this installed since April and I don't have anything close to those hours! It's cool you're enjoying it though and getting this into it. I mostly go on just to fly and enjoy the physics of the more detailed planes and dabble with combat maneuvers and weaponry, but I really should start getting into the details more like you are. Looking forward to flying sometime :cheers:

Back