Full-screen ads as a logged-in user

Hong Kong
Hong Kong
Hybrid_Tifoso
(Decided to post here about intrusive ads again, because I have posted here before about this issue, and also this thread has the most replies. I also don’t want to create a new thread :P although if it’s more convenient for the moderation to have users creating separate threads for each occasion of problematic ads, please tell me. I’m sure that I will encounter another one of these pesky ads in month’s time, and I will do so accordingly :lol:)

I have been having issues with some of the ads that were displayed lately. After having ads overlapping with other users’ posts back in early October last year (an issue that went away seemingly on its own, so not a big problem now), I now see ads that take up the entire window every time I click into a thread in the GT7 subforums. It seems to pop up upon entering the thread page, and also every time you scroll to one of those spaces where an ad is supposed to be placed (which is just nothingness now). So sometimes I will have the same ad popping up again barely seconds after I have closed it. I’m encountering this both as a guest (not logged in) and as a logged-in user. Here’s the ad in question:

IMG_4824.png

I’m still on an iPhone 13 Pro, using Safari. If it’s useful in any way, I can also post my encounter with the ads in early October 2023.

Thank you very much for letting me know about this.

You should never see intrusive ads like that if you are signed into your account. I have notified the ad provider; let me know if you continue getting them after the next few days. 👍

Thank you very much for letting me know about this.

You should never see intrusive ads like that if you are signed into your account. I have notified the ad provider; let me know if you continue getting them after the next few days. 👍
Yeah, I no longer see the ad a day or two after reporting it, so thank you for the swift action.

I also saw that my post was moved to become a thread on its own, so I’ll assume that it is the preferred method of reporting ads and create a new thread the next time I see another one of those ads. Thanks for the top-notch work again, Jordan! :bowdown:

Last edited:
Back