game freezes for a moment after i cross the finish line

• Thread starter darom62
  • 12 comments
Ireland
Ireland
darom62
hi guys, the title is pretty capacious itself but i'll expand it..

i've noticed this after i downloaded the latest update (1.15), not sure if it's related to the problem
the thing is sometimes the game freezes for a moment after i cross the finish line.. it doesn't just freeze, for example if i get on the grass (and get a disqualification as well) the car freezes but i can see a cloud of dust in front of us

it disturbs me pretty much, especially in the events like goodwood where you have to cross the line over and over again

what can it be? is there a way to fix it?
P.S. i've heard about rebuilding the database, that it can fix some problems... is there any point in trying this thing out?

It might be saving your ghost. I know when running many laps on a time trial setting it does a slight pause when you go across the line when it saves a good lap.

yep, it's a believable version, but when
you get on the grass (and get a disqualification as well) the car freezes and i can see a cloud of dust in front of us
the game can't save your best lap or smth, but it freezes as well..
can it be smth with the game data? the data's installing during the game, maybe it's got some corrupted files?

yep, it's a believable version, but when the game can't save your best lap or smth, but it freezes as well..
can it be smth with the game data? the data's installing during the game, maybe it's got some corrupted files?
1st of all, try using full words, using "smth" will get you noticed, use full words, or don't use a phone to reply..

Freezing game: GT6 is almost or at the limit of the ps3 hardware.
I and some more people play the game at 720p, if you use full hd 1080p, yes you get more short freezes.
It is the ps3 loading data that creates the freeze, or lagging.
I know, it sucks when you have to decrease to 720P..

You could rebuild gamedata, but before that, backup your saved replay's and photo's (they are stored in the gamedata)
rebuild is the worng word, you delete the GT6 gamedata, and start downloading from scratch.
Warning, starting from scratch and download all, takes a lot of time and you might get errors and sometimes need to start again.

An SSD could help, but the lagging will occur sometimes, but much less.
i don't use SSD harddisk, sometimes a little lag (ghost loading or friends list lines loading)
My main menu loads slow, but...it is a lot of GB's now, and that size will gain...

so, the solution is to delete the game data (which is about 12 gb) and download the patches again? do i need to rebuild the database in the safe mode menu (service menu)?

i asked this question just because everything'd been perfect before the 1.15 patch, completely no lags or something.. and now it's got all these freezes and sometimes the game loads the road textures in the race menu.. it's a bit suspecious, you know

I've had this problem since I first got GT but I know its an issue with my PS3. Not sure what the issue is specifically but it's very laggy and slow

it's surely not a ps3 issue, other games work perfect and, as i said before, everything'd been great before i installed the patch.. i suspect the game date is corrupted, but i'm not sure and some advise of you would be great

This happens to me sporadically as well. The worst bits however only appears after a mini-enduro races: there's this few moments of black screen while the game tries to load up that super-annoying auto replay. I always tense up when this happens...crossing my fingers hoping the game won't freeze up...

you know, when the 1.15 update was downloading it had some kind of dns error in the beginning, then a connection error ant enternet was down during the installation.. could it be downloaded with corrupted files or something?

hi again,
i'm just curious, can the game download patches with corrupted files? (in case of some errors during the downloading.. or something) and can the game istall these corrupted files then?
or if the game's downloaded data, it means everything's fine with it and there's no corrupted files? (i've just heard the game can install data with some errors.. but can it download the data with errors?)
thanks

Back