Games one's MUST have

• Thread starter dkstz
  • 46 comments
Definately pick up MGS2 and MGS3; even if the formers storyline have your mind in tangles, you'll still enjoy playing it. I also reccomend Final Fantasy X as it's more addicting than crack. And as someone else said Virtua Fighter 4: Evolution is a great buy.

I'm usually the one that does the work, so this time I'm going to be lazy and ask someone else to read through this thread and compile a list of the games that are listed here.

Pretty please?

Any Grand Theft Auto game is your ticket to hours of playing the PS2! :lol:

If you can wait for San Andreas, do what one guy did in the GTA Forum, and go from GTA 3, then to Vice City, and now on to San Andreas. It gives you the whole deal on what the hype has been all about, I guess.

Also, buy GTA on the PS2 if you can play it well. I personally prefer GTA on PS2, but that's because I'm more used to the controls, I love the sensitivity of the buttons (how you can half-accelerate, walk instead of run, etc), and I'm too lazy to be bothered getting a Controller for the PC. The PC version only looks better, and you can mod it, but mods do have a tedency to crash your game. I don't care too much for mods anymore, anyhow.

For other games, Mafia is good. I played a fair bit of that, although I was too lazy to complete the last mission, even though it was fairly easy. Don't buy True Crimes: Streets of LA. Don't get trapped by it. Same goes with Driv3r! Those games are awful! :lol:

Up to you on those though, they're just my opinions.

I never got around to playing MGS, but it sounds like a definate must-play, even for me. Gran Turismo 3 is fun. Even though I don't own the game anymore, it's still a great game to have in your collection. Ignore all of the boring comments. Just take it this way: if you like racing games, and like to race, improve times, etc, then get it. If you get easily bored in Racing Games like this, then move right along.

As for all of the arguments on GTA:

GTA's graphics are better on the PC. Much better if you have a good PC. It's nothing to get too excited about, but if you're a lover of graphics, then you would like it more on the PC. It's a lot sharper.

The sounds don't mean a thing, as it depends on your speakers. The PC version did NOT enhance the sound quality.

Manual aim is better on the PC, although I prefer Auto-Aim a lot. Some people have trouble with it, but it's really not all that hard to target enemies, especially in San Andreas, and it's really no different to Vice City, regardless of what others may say.

Also, there is slow-down. It's noticeable, but it doesn't happen too often. Seeing that you're getting a new PS2, you won't get as many problems with the game as some.

All-in-all, GTA games are the ultimate replayable games. For any questions about it, head over to the GTA Forum. You're all welcome there. ;)

I'm cheesy, I know. :lol:

List of games (including your friend's):

Ace Combat 05
Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance
BloodRayne 1
BloodRayne 2
Devil May Cry
Final Fantasy Series
Gran Turismo Series
Grand Theft Auto 3
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Guilty Gear X2
Ico
Jak And Daxter: The Precursor Legacy
Kaido Battle 2:Chain Reaction
Katamari Damacy
Killzone
Kingdom Hearts
Latest Winning Eleven
Madden 2005
Marvel vs Capcom 2
Metal Gear Solid Series
Pere UBU's Ubumix
Pro Evolution Soccer 3
Pro Evolution Soccer 4
Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal
Sly Cooper
Soul Calibur 2
Splinter Cell
Street Fighter 3: Third Strike
Tekken 4
TransFormers
Virtual Fighter 4: Evo
Xenogear
Xenosaga

--------

Sorry if I missed some.

Jimmy Enslashay
Any Grand Theft Auto game is your ticket to hours of playing the PS2! :lol:

If you can wait for San Andreas, do what one guy did in the GTA Forum, and go from GTA 3, then to Vice City, and now on to San Andreas. It gives you the whole deal on what the hype has been all about, I guess.

Also, buy GTA on the PS2 if you can play it well. I personally prefer GTA on PS2, but that's because I'm more used to the controls, I love the sensitivity of the buttons (how you can half-accelerate, walk instead of run, etc), and I'm too lazy to be bothered getting a Controller for the PC. The PC version only looks better, and you can mod it, but mods do have a tedency to crash your game. I don't care too much for mods anymore, anyhow.

For other games, Mafia is good. I played a fair bit of that, although I was too lazy to complete the last mission, even though it was fairly easy. Don't buy True Crimes: Streets of LA. Don't get trapped by it. Same goes with Driv3r! Those games are awful! :lol:

Up to you on those though, they're just my opinions.

I never got around to playing MGS, but it sounds like a definate must-play, even for me. Gran Turismo 3 is fun. Even though I don't own the game anymore, it's still a great game to have in your collection. Ignore all of the boring comments. Just take it this way: if you like racing games, and like to race, improve times, etc, then get it. If you get easily bored in Racing Games like this, then move right along.

As for all of the arguments on GTA:

GTA's graphics are better on the PC. Much better if you have a good PC. It's nothing to get too excited about, but if you're a lover of graphics, then you would like it more on the PC. It's a lot sharper.

The sounds don't mean a thing, as it depends on your speakers. The PC version did NOT enhance the sound quality.

Manual aim is better on the PC, although I prefer Auto-Aim a lot. Some people have trouble with it, but it's really not all that hard to target enemies, especially in San Andreas, and it's really no different to Vice City, regardless of what others may say.

Also, there is slow-down. It's noticeable, but it doesn't happen too often. Seeing that you're getting a new PS2, you won't get as many problems with the game as some.

All-in-all, GTA games are the ultimate replayable games. For any questions about it, head over to the GTA Forum. You're all welcome there. ;)

I'm cheesy, I know. :lol:

Hours of game play? **** man I expreienced MONTHS AND MONTHS OF gameplay with that game :lol: fun game!

Well I rounded my complete Vice City play-time including the save games I didn't save, and all of the save games I had, and I got nearly 1000 hours.

So, in fact, it is hours. :lol:

Jimmy Enslashay
Well I rounded my complete Vice City play-time including the save games I didn't save, and all of the save games I had, and I got nearly 1000 hours.

So, in fact, it is hours. :lol:

Well, that's over a month ... and that was just one game. And that's if you play it straight through!

Thanks for compiling the list - it helps a bunch (:

Mafia on ps2 is one of the worst games i have played for that genre if you thought driver 3 is bad this is just disgustingly bad.

Must Haves!!!

Final Fantasy 7 or 10
Metal Gear Solid 2 : Sons Of Liberty
Grand Theft Auto 3
Grand Theft Auto :Vice City
Grand Theft Auto :San Andreas
Gran Turismo 3 and 4
Tekken Tag Tournament
Pro Evolution Soccer 4
Resident Evil 2

Race Idiot
Is that any good? Is it a Brazilian translation? Or does it just have some nice Brazilian teams and all the rest of the updates/kits/stadiums.
Sorry for the late reply, but I just got this game yesterday. I knew it was the best Brazilian patch because of what people were saying about it, but I didn´t know any specific information.

So, this patch is really good, specially for Brazilian players. It features 17 Brazilian teams, all the teams in the game are updated, the uniforms are all correct with their respective sponsors and all. The game language is English only (it´s a DVD-Rip), they changed the sponsors plates in the fields, the flags in the crowd, the sound of the supporters. The call names are all correct (I don´t know how they did this), and you can select if you want to play in PAL or NTSC mode.

If you like Brazilian football I recomend it. The name of the patch is PES4 brazuKas lite.

Mafia on ps2 is one of the worst games i have played for that genre if you thought driver 3 is bad this is just disgustingly bad.
How so? I thought it was well-done in some areas. I did think, however, that a few areas needed improvement, but overall, I really enjoyed the game.

Jimmy Enslashay
How so? I thought it was well-done in some areas. I did think, however, that a few areas needed improvement, but overall, I really enjoyed the game.

That's kind of what I thought about Driv3r, enjoyable but very annoying and poor in areas.

I thought the missions were good, the gameplay and small little features like when he runs up steps, he steps on each one. I also liked when you hit something in a car, you lost health according to the severity of the crash, and if it was convertible, you died. I found all of those things great. I found certain things a bit annoying, but overall, I thought it was a pretty good game.

I'd say KILLZONE instead of MOH.
Driver 3 is a resonable choice.
And forget Colin, WRC4 is the ultimate rally game, and a PS2 exclusive :) .
Unless you own a steering wheel, then go for Richard Burns Rally.

Back