Go To Page Option

This would be a great addition for huge threads with a wealth of information -- like the T500RS thread.

I think I remember this from GTP11. I liked it then, and I'd like it even more now. I fully support this idea.

A somewhat related option that I miss is the option to go to the first page from the thread list. You can only click the thread title (go to first unread post) or one of the last few pages, not to the first page (or am I missing something here?).

I think this, along with a thread OP preview (really like this, easier to determine what to bother clicking on), was going to be readded but never happened.

I was looking around a few other forums, and in XenForo 1.4.0 there is a little button that has the "Go To" option.

See:
go to.jpg

go to 2.jpg

Last edited:
...err, where?

I see something circled in red, but if that's supposed to be a "goto" button I never would have guessed.

...err, where?

I see something circled in red, but if that's supposed to be a "goto" button I never would have guessed.
Yeah, the thing circled in red is the Quick Navigation button. I didn't choose it! Blame XenForo!

I was looking around a few other forums, and in XenForo 1.4.0 there is a little button that has the "Go To" option.
It's there, sure, but it doesn't let you choose what page you want to go to, only the forum section:

FDEORbW.jpg

What they do or don't do at other forums is of no concern to me. I don't use those other forums. I would like to know if the option can be implemented here, and if it can, will it be?

What they do or don't do at other forums is of no concern to me.
You should. Those other forums are on a more current version of XenForo. (GTP runs XenForo) If they can do it, Jordan can do it. It's good to go look at other forums, see what they do.

It's doesn't matter to me what software platform is used. So going to other forums, especially if what those forums are focused on is of no interest to me, is pointless. I'm interested in what this forum, which I use more than frequently, has to offer, regardless of presentation software. If Jordan can get it implemented and does, I'll be satisfied. If he doesn't, then I'll live with it. I just don't care what others do, until it impacts me or mine directly. The grass may be greener elsewhere, but I ain't elsewhere.

Not really. I'm very purposed based in my internet use. Going to another forum, expressly to see how they do it, isn't a purpose I care to take up. That's Jordan's, and the rest of the GTP staff's, job. If you want to do it, more power to you. Thinking that I'm close minded because I don't choose to have a look is kind of a reverse closed mind.

This is not supported by any version of XenForo without custom coding, and right now it's not something that I see as being useful frequently enough to spend time developing.

As noted earlier in the thread, you can effectively duplicate this functionality by simply changing the number at the end of any multi-page thread URL. For example:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gtplanet-update-log.296680/page-2

Fair enough.

Thanks Jordan. May not have been the answer I was hoping for, but, it's an answer.

Latest Posts

Back