Going to Tokyo in two weeks, car/motorsport recommendations?

United States
United States
I'm going to Tokyo in mid-August on a solo trip and I'm trying to look into car-culture/motorsport-related things I can do and places I can go. So I have some questions for anyone who's been or who lives in the area:

-I've read that Daikoku Futo is good to visit on Saturday night, but I'll only be in Tokyo Tuesday through Friday. Does anything happen there on weekdays?

-I'm guessing no on this one, but are any racing circuits easy to get to by public transportation? If not, would it be worth renting a car to drive to Tsukuba or Fuji? (I guess that honestly depends on what events might be going on)

-Are there any good karting places in or near Tokyo? And no, I really don't mean the Mario Kart ****, I have no intentions to be an obnoxious foreigner. I mean karting tracks where you can rent karts, either indoor or outdoor. Extra points for karting tracks located at full racing circuits.

Any other sort of car/motorsport recommendations are welcomed! I know there are a few car places/museums in Odaiba so I plan on making a trip there.

Subscribing to this thread. 👍

I will make my first trip to Tokyo in October for the FIA Gran Turismo Championship World Tour event and would also be interested in any automotive-related recommendations.

Although not Tokyo-related (looks like it's about 2.5 hours away), I do hope to visit the Gran Turismo Café at Twin Ring Motegi. :D

o0500033310158076471.jpg

Subscribing to this thread. 👍

I will make my first trip to Tokyo in October for the FIA Gran Turismo Championship World Tour event and would also be interested in any automotive-related recommendations.

Although not Tokyo-related (looks like it's about 2.5 hours away), I do hope to visit the Gran Turismo Café at Twin Ring Motegi. :D

o0500033310158076471.jpg

God that sounds awesome. It's a shame the more iconic circuits are so far away from Tokyo.

One thing I found if karting piques your interest is Akigase Kart Club in Saitama. They have different tiers of rental karts apparently, and it's an hour trip by train/bus from where I'm staying in Ueno.

MEGA WEB Toyota in Odaiba is like a museum/theme park with a ton of historic cars, it definitely looks worth checking out!

One thing I found if karting piques your interest is Akigase Kart Club in Saitama. They have different tiers of rental karts apparently, and it's an hour trip by train/bus from where I'm staying in Ueno.
Wow, that looks like a very cool karting track. I'll definitely put it on my list.

MEGA WEB Toyota in Odaiba is like a museum/theme park with a ton of historic cars, it definitely looks worth checking out!
That's actually where the Gran Turismo event is going to be! :D

Back