Gr3 Fuel Efficiency Comparison 1.44

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Chrome_PuPXD
Hi all,

Due to recent BoP changes with v1.44 I have re-done the fuel comparisons I did a year or so ago, creating a new thread as this time I've focussed solely on Gr3 due to time, plus the method breaks down a little for Gr4 due to being on the downhill section on SSRX for much longer, though it could still be used to get a general idea.

Method:
I tested on special stage route X, since it is a straight line and has distance markers to make recording results easier. This was done using x50 fuel use and noting the maximum range of each car (Distance covered at the point the car runs out of fuel).
To keep it as fair as possible all cars were tested on racing hard tyres, BoP on, fuel mix 1 and flat out. This time I used automatic gearbox so it would shift all cars at the same point.

Gr3: (Accurate to +/- 10m)
  1. Nissan GTR Nismo '18............5350m 👑
  2. Mclaren 650s........................5150m
  3. Lexus RC F '17......................5100m
  4. Porsche 911 RSR...................4900m
  5. Audi R8 LMS Evo '19..............4890m
  6. Lamborghini Huracan.............4880m
  7. Honda NSX...........................4850m
  8. Ferrari 458 Italia...................4810m
  9. Mazda RX Vision....................4660m
  10. Peugeot RCZ.........................4590m
  11. Mercedes AMG 2016..............4580m
  12. Alfa Romeo 4C......................4575m
  13. Aston Martin V12 Vantage......4575m
  14. Mercedes SLS.......................4550m
  15. BMW Z4 GT3........................4510m
  16. Mercedes AMG 2020..............4490m
  17. BMW M6 Endurance Model......4450m
  18. BMW M6 Sprint Model............4450m
  19. Toyota GR Supra...................4350m
  20. Nissan PENNZOIL GTR...........4300m
  21. SRT Viper.............................4190m
  22. Subaru BRZ GT300................4190m
  23. Toyota Supra GT500..............4160m
  24. Corvette C7..........................4070m
  25. GT by Citroen.......................3980m
  26. Toyota FT-1..........................3950m
Capability.png

Capability2.png
Capability3.png

Things to note:
  • This was tested on the High-Speed BoP, I am not certain how different the order would be for the other BoPs.
  • Some cars should be shifted at different points than automatic gearbox does. Eg: the Corvette C7 should really be shifted earlier than auto does which will reduce its efficiency in this test.
  • There is a downhill section on SSX at 5000m, since this is the same for all cars the ranking order is valid but a % used per 1000m cannot be used and it will slightly elongate the distance the top 3 cars covered from the rest.
  • Hill is the same for all cars apart from the top 3, please don't suggest doing it on Daytona for this small variation as this brings its own variations in player turning/speed scrubbing/loss of precision from having to use the odometer.
I don't have all the cars right now so let me know of any popular cars I've missed and I could add them in, I only have 2.5m Cr so can't afford to do any of the more niche options at the moment.

Last edited:
While I appreciate the desire to make objective results, I don't think that fuel consumption at full throttle is necessarily equivalent to full throttle over an actual circuit with various revs, off- and partial-throttle periods, etc.

While I appreciate the desire to make objective results, I don't think that fuel consumption at full throttle is necessarily equivalent to full throttle over an actual circuit with various revs, off- and partial-throttle periods, etc.
This is a standardised and repeatable way of measuring it, cars that use less fuel at full power should use less over an actual race distance. It is not possible to drive identical laps in order for me to lap a circuit and measure this without introducing a high degree of variability.

It would be better to measure time rather than meters. The distance you can cover while on full throttle depends on what speed you’re going, but the time you can go should be relatively constant regardless of speed. It could also change the ranking, since the distance you can cover at Route X depends a lot on the aerodynamic properties of the car and might not be representative for other tracks.

I don't have all the cars right now so let me know of any popular cars I've missed and I could add them in, I only have 2.5m Cr so can't afford to do any of the more niche options at the moment.
The Suzuki is probably an important one to note, I would expect it to be bottom of this kind of test by a good amount due to its high-revving bike engine.

This is a standardised and repeatable way of measuring it,
While I agree this is a necessity for equal term testing.
cars that use less fuel at full power should use less over an actual race distance.
This isnt quite true but depends on the gear ratios and how good the gears match to the track.
There is a list in here with largely different ranges:

Though McLaren 650 is actually one of those cars that will be good on fuel, it matches gear ratio, power band and tracks almost magically perfectly.

While I agree this is a necessity for equal term testing.

This isnt quite true but depends on the gear ratios and how good the gears match to the track.
There is a list in here with largely different ranges:

Though McLaren 650 is actually one of those cars that will be good on fuel, it matches gear ratio, power band and tracks almost magically perfectly.
'All models are wrong, but some of them are useful'

You are pointing out a limitation in the method whereby the only solutions are to not do it or to repeat it on every track in the game, with all driving styles, rendering it moot. Since neither you or I are going to do that a general approximation with some caveats does not make the results invalid, especially given that 60-70% of a lap is full throttle for a lot of tracks and within the 30% that isn't its unlikely a Toyota FT-1 suddenly gains tremendous efficiency on half power vs the GTR on half power.

For the avoidance of doubt I've ran some statistics in Minitab on the results which show the expected normal distribution
Capability3.png
Capability.png
Capability2.png

Since neither you or I are going to do that
Ignoring the fact that the poster of the link I provided just did that?

As to me:
I lack the consistency to make it pinpoint and I didnt go full throttle (because I wasnt going to test for the range of each of them), but in terms of laptimes vs fuel efficiency I found that most cars (I drove all of the Gr.3) will be similarily fast (around 1m57s) and have around 15 laps per 100% capacity in the 1h Maggiore event.

Ignoring the fact that the poster of the link I provided just did that?

As to me:
I lack the consistency to make it pinpoint and I didnt go full throttle (because I wasnt going to test for the range of each of them), but in terms of laptimes vs fuel efficiency I found that most cars (I drove all of the Gr.3) will be similarily fast (around 1m57s) and have around 15 laps per 100% capacity in the 1h Maggiore event.
Why is that relevant to me? I don't want to spend to a week doing all that in order to get a similar set of results, just to prove something to you when I'm satisfied with this generalised overview to make more informed choices with.

Last edited:
Why is that relevant to me? I don't want to spend to a week doing all that in order to get a similar set of results, just to prove something to you when I'm satisfied with this generalised overview to make more informed choices with.
You dont need to, at least the person I posted has done it and you could simply rely on real track fuel efficiency that has already been provided instead of blasting "I have done this with a selection of cars in a scenario that only applies on a single track", because in the end full throttle efficiency only applies to SSRX.
And then, as has been said before, it would be worth more knowing how fast you reach that point, because in a race with refuelling on SSRX - believe me or not - the Nissan (as the lists top dog example) is not going to win, it simply is too slow.

If you are going to actually race on SSRX, the winners will be
McLaren F1
Ford GT 18
they are simply said too fast while also being quite efficient
and the GT-R GT500 99 is also a speed winner, but not as efficient.

You would have to set the rules to construct a win: high consumption and fast refill, so that the most time in the pits is the drivethrough.

Point is: what does your list tell you?
Answer: nothing.

Last edited:
You dont need to, at least the person I posted has done it and you could simply rely on real track fuel efficiency that has already been provided instead of blasting "I have done this with a selection of cars in a scenario that only applies on a single track", because in the end full throttle efficiency only applies to SSRX.
And then, as has been said before, it would be worth more knowing how fast you reach that point, because in a race with refuelling on SSRX - believe me or not - the Nissan (as the lists top dog example) is not going to win, it simply is too slow.

If you are going to actually race on SSRX, the winners will be
McLaren F1
Ford GT 18
they are simply said too fast while also being quite efficient
and the GT-R GT500 99 is also a speed winner, but not as efficient.

You would have to set the rules to construct a win: high consumption and fast refill, so that the most time in the pits is the drivethrough.

Point is: what does your list tell you?
Answer: nothing.
A lot of words to say you don't know what you're talking about.

Back