Gran Turismo 7 Mazda Spirit Racing Series Announced for Japan, With Real-World Racing Experience Up For Grabs

• Thread starter Famine
  • 9 comments
I can't understand why they don't do more of these themed events for fun. No prizes, but it's something different than the same old same old each week.

There is no wonder there is no growth in online play.
It's stupid to region lock them too. There's literally no harm in letting players from Europe or America do the same races - its nice for variety even without the prizes.

I'd love to enter and do these races for fun, but unless I make a new Japanese account I literally cannot.

If they want to expand their culture of motorsports so much, why aren’t they in prototype racing anymore? The RT24-P was so nice-looking…

If they want to expand their culture of motorsports so much, why aren’t they in prototype racing anymore? The RT24-P was so nice-looking…
Would be a great addition for sure. Currently, the most Daytona-prototype-looking we have is the Volkswagon ID.R :odd:

Would be a great addition for sure. Currently, the most Daytona-prototype-looking we have is the Volkswagon ID.R :odd:
Yeah. I’m personally hoping we get tons of LMDh/LMH cars in the future - with some manufacturers getting cars from those classes like Acura and Cadillac, rather than their DPi entries - and then filling out the rest with some DPi racers for automakers who aren’t in prototypes these days, like the Nissan Onroak and the aforementioned Mazda RT24-P.

I’d also really like to see VGTs from Ford and Chevy that would go into Gr.1, as well as a hybrid/ICE version of the Jaguar VGT SV, where it would also go into Gr.1.

Seriously, so many automakers could potentially get Gr.1 representation through LMDh/LMH, or at least eligible cars that aren’t decades old. Ferrari, Lamborghini, BMW, and maybe even Lexus, McLaren, and others! Plus, updated real-world entries from Alpine and Porsche.

I know I’m getting a bit off-topic, but I could see Acura getting returning to GT by having the NSX Type-S, the upcoming Integra Type-S, the TLX Type-S, and the classic Integra Type R from the early 00s. This would be on top of the new LMDh racer, too. Acura could even be in the Manufacturers Cup, with an NSX Type-S GT3, and a Gr.4 car either based on the new Integra or the TLX.

Last edited:
Back