Gran Turismo 7 Sport Mode Hacking?

• Thread starter Jaypa
  • 10 comments
Australia
Australia
Not sure where to post this so I apologise if this is out of place.

I've just finished a Nations Cup race and I've encountered something extremely intriguing and (if true) concerning.

I was racing this driver and as I attempted to pass, he would drive into the side of my car (not an unlikely story in a GT7 race I know) but it was as though his car weighed 10 tons, or as if it were on rails and it would not budge for anyone, each time I attempted to pass the same thing would happen, I even (after multiple laps of trying to pass) tried bumping him in a heavy braking zone and their car didnt react at all, a few laps later I pretty much drove into the side of his car (at this point I didn't even care about the race, something was fishy) and my car bounced off, while their car didnt move AT ALL.

Very concerning as you are unable to report another player for anything other than chat related complaints.

I have saved the replay and have watched the moments where our cars collided and it very much looks like his car is being AI controlled, and won't be stopped from following the set path the car is taking, even at times suddenly lunging to one side sharply.

I would love to show the replay to those interested to make a judgement call for themselves, but am unsure on the best way to do this.

Edit: Typos

Last edited:
Not sure where to post this so I apologise if this is out of place.

I've just finished a Nations Cup race and I've encountered something extremely intriguing and (if true) concerning.

I was racing this driver and as I attempted to pass, he would drive into the side of my car (not an unlikely story in a GT7 race I know) but it was as though his car weighed 10 tons, or as if it were on rails and it would not budge for anyone, each time I attempted to pass the same thing would happen, I even (after multiple laps of trying to pass) tried bumping him in a heavy braking zone and their car didnt react at all, a few laps later I pretty much drove into the side of his car (at this point I didn't even care about the race, something was fishy) and my car bounced off, while their car didnt move AT ALL.

Very concerning as you are unable to report another player for anything other than chat related complaints.

I have saved the replay and have watched the moments where our cars collided and it very much looks like his car is being AI controlled, and won't be stopped from following the set path the car is taking, even at times suddenly lunging to one side sharply.

I would love to show the replay to those interested to make a judgement call for themselves, but am unsure on the best way to do this.

Edit: Typos
Sounds like lag.

Use your console's Share/Create functions to record a video of your replay (note that the replay file itself is not video; you need to record the screen while viewing the replay, which is a feature inbuilt to PS4 and PS5 consoles) then upload the video to YouTube.
Sounds like lag.
On my end or his end
No way to know with the fixed servers in GTWS, but it could be either or both. Your opponent's replay will also show something different compared to what you saw.

Also, per your first line, as this thread relates to something that isn't a private online event or league, it shouldn't be posted in the Leagues & Online Racing forum - but I'll move it to the right place.

Seen this before in friendly league races as well. It's a connection/lag type issue. Your cars aren't registering on each other's consoles properly. Not sure how or why to fix it but we were talking and he didn't know I was there at all. Meanwhile he drove me clean off track and his car was completely unaffected. Also happened with a different driver a month or 2 later. I couldn't see him and he kept getting killed trying to pass me.

Seen this before in friendly league races as well. It's a connection/lag type issue. Your cars aren't registering on each other's consoles properly. Not sure how or why to fix it but we were talking and he didn't know I was there at all. Meanwhile he drove me clean off track and his car was completely unaffected. Also happened with a different driver a month or 2 later. I couldn't see him and he kept getting killed trying to pass me.
Yeah this sounds like exactly what was happening

Back