Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.44 Now Available, Adds Toyota GT-One, Lamborghini Urus, Audi R8

• Thread starter Famine
  • 889 comments
LMP900s and the Speed 8 LMGTP are absolutely going to be Gr.1 should they get added.

The way to think of it is "does this car have a road car version?". If not, it'll be in Gr.1. If it does, it'll be Gr.2.
Problem with what you just said: The 99 car does not have a road going version, the 98 car does. I guarantee that all future LMP900s and GTPs are going GR.2 for the simple fact that they:

• Lack The top end of the Group C cars
  • Use standard petrol engines, which WILL be left behind by the torque of the Diesels
  • Lack advanced systems (Hybrid powertrains, 4WD, etc)

As I said about GT-One, there is no way in hell ANY of those cars have a chance in GR.1.

Even if I feel the GT-One exposes the flaws in the game's group system it's nice to see it back and I think it'll fit in Group 2 just fine since we already have other late 90s GT1s there. And this opens up the opportunity for a reunion with the R390, a car that would unambiguously be in Group 2 rather than the weird middle ground the GT-One sits in.

The engine swaps are a bit meh. They seem to be focussing on one manufacturer each update, hopefully they get around to Chevrolet and Ferrari eventually (emphasis added)
Of the pre-2014 Chevrolet road cars, only the Corvette C1 and Corvette C2 don't have engine swaps. Both Corvette C3s, the Corvette C4, the Corvette C6 and the Camaro Z28 all have engine swaps.

Right, and adding both GT1 and LMP900 cars in one class makes Total Immersion Racing feels :D anyone remembers this racing game? XD
20240328_024536.jpg

You bet I do.

I didn’t get a reward for the Jaguar extra menu book. Anyone else got this issue?

Edit - that’s on PS4 pro

Edit 2 - never mind, apparently we got the D Type, I’ll sell that one for credits since I already got it 😎

Edit 3 - not bad, 3.84 mill! 😎

Last edited:
But why the overinflated power? Is this what the engine could make without restrictors? In GT4 most of the GT1s and prototypes were like that except for the F1 GTR for some reason.

Even if the GT-One fits well in Group 2 I feel this car exposes the limitations of GT7's group system the most.
While in most cases I don't think the car causes any problems that can't be solved with BoP, the new race does show that Gr.2 has gotten a bit silly at Le Mans. The old Super GT cars in particular are laughably uncompetitive and in real danger of being lapped, while the GT-One is head and shoulders above the rest.

I would probably die of heart attack from happiness if we get a proper collab with MF Ghost and a 40km long touge track
It's kinda funny how in game we have almost all the cars from that first race
Indeed, I think we are only missing the BMW M6 and the Lotus Elise.

It must be a Japanese thing because even the Initial D Arcade games chose to do collab with Touhou/Vocaloids instead of adding the full version of the track (they have Odawara but it's much shorter, and barely resembles the actual roads).

Anyway, go watch Overtake! too if you haven't. It's a bit of a slow burner compared to MFG but the racing is just as good and has a proper story instead of just grid girl fanservice in between races.

Last edited:
I didn’t get a reward for the Jaguar extra menu book. Anyone else got this issue?

Edit - that’s on PS4 pro

Edit 2 - never mind, apparently we got the D Type, I’ll sell that one for credits since I already got it 😎

Edit 3 - not bad, 3.84 mill! 😎

Thanks to this menu I managed to buy the 3 new cars, sell the Jag and end up with more money than I started with!

Gt-One: stock 845 PP (from screenshot earlier in the thread)

Using Kudos Prime data:
  • Gr.2 stock max 851 PP
  • Gr.1 stock min >870 PP

There is no question where the GT-One fits PP-wise. OK, I would like a distinct category that would only have Late 90s / Early 00s LeMans cars, but based on the categories we have at the moment the categorization of GT-One is consistent to GT7.

It will outrun the CLK LM. This is more in line with the Bentley Speed 8. However, despite it being slower in top speed than these Group C cars, it will have a similar PP region to them.

Bear in mind, this is the 1999 model which became an LMGTP, which is a different beast to LMGT1. If it were the 1998 model, Gr. 2 would have made more sense, but the 1999 model is rightfully a Gr. 1.

Putting this in Gr. 2 will set a bad precedent where similar cars such as these:

Audi R8 - LMP
Bentley Speed 8
BMW V12 LMR
Cadillac Northstar LMP-02
Ferrari F333 SP
Nissan R391
Panoz LMP01 EVO
Pescarolo prototypes

...if they ever do get added, will all end up in Gr. 2 as well.
As I already said about Gr. 1 which is very messy, now also Gr. 2 is starting to get messy. They need to split DTM/JGTC/SuperGT (GT500) cars on a side and FIA GT1/early 2000s LMP on another.

Also, since Gr. 1 is already messy and cars like McLaren F1, Mercedes CLK LM and Toyota GT-One can't match the performances of modern prototypes nor Gr. C cars, I think it's correct to place them in Gr. 2, BUT it needs that aforementioned split.

Last edited:
This whole toyota gt one group 2 or 1 discussion makes me wonder. If all LMPGT cars will end up in Gr2. Then it opens up possibility for LMP2 cars in gr2.

@Famine
Where did you get this information from?

As we’re expecting the car to be available (for quite a high sum) in the Legends Cars dealer, it’s not likely that, unlike other race cars available in GT7, you’ll be able to select the #1 and #2 cars — both of which retired during the race — as alternative liveries.

I can only get the #3 car. There are no alternatives.

@Famine

As we’re expecting the car to be available (for quite a high sum) in the Legends Cars dealer, it’s not likely that, unlike other race cars available in GT7, you’ll be able to select the #1 and #2 cars — both of which retired during the race — as alternative liveries.

Call it a typo from @Famine. It probably should read, "...it's not likely that, like other race cars available in GT7,...".

Now that we have the GT-One and CLK AMG, I'd love the have the race version of the 911 GT1 as well
I seriously just looked at an Insta post for GT1 cars that had the Porsche, McLaren F1 and the Mercedes CLK and thought wouldn't the Porsche be great to have next 😂

@Famine

Yes, that's what the sentence says. Unlike other race cars available in GT7, you can't get alternative livery cars with different race numbers. I suspected this beforehand, due to it being a Legends Car, thus I stated it would be unlikely that you would.

Also, unrelatedly...

1711615072813.png

while the base payout for the Nurburgring European Clubman Cup went from 25,000 Cr. to 125,000 Cr. (for a 15-minute race).
It is so funny to me that our guesses were always right. Someone at PD just forgot a leading '1' at the payout variable. Getting a good payout from a challenging Nordschleife will add variety to generating credits. This payout change plus the LeMans Race boost this update by at least 2 points on a 0-10 scale

36 minutes for me doing 3:34-3:38. Toyota GT-One stock. A faster driver than me (almost everyone) should cut that time down.
Well, since many people think this car should have been placed in Gr. 1, know that a Porsche 919 tuned roughly like a 963 LMDh with the latest BoP available (1,048 kgs x 600 hp which is the maximum you can get in GT7, in real life it has more power) in my hands as a decent GT7 driver with DualShock 4 runs in 3:25.xxx per lap. And we are talking of a car with the same power of the Toyota GT-One but almost 150 kgs heavier. Just saying.

Last edited:
These are the new paint colors that were added for those interested. I think the Magma from the Genesis X VGT is the highlight of this update. This brings the total number of paints to alot. :D

Audi Condor Grey Metallic
Audi Deep Sea Blue Pearl Effect
Audi Imola Yellow
Audi Meteor Grey Pearl Effect
Audi Sahara Dilver Metallic
Audi Solar Orange
Dodge Destroyer Grey
Genesis Magma
Lexus Metallic Silver
Lexus Pearl White
Mitsubishi Cool Silver Metallic
Mitsubishi Medium Purplish Gray Mica
Mitsubishi Palma Red
Mitsubishi Red Solid
Renault Blanc Panda
Renault Bleu Versailles
Renault Grege
Renault Gris
Renault Rouge
Renault Turquoise
Suzuki Brisk Blue Metallic
Suzuki Chiffon Ivory Metallic
Suzuki Kinetic Yellow
Suzuki Jungle Green
Suzuki Medium Gray

Last edited:
Sarthe World Touring Car 900 - 10 laps with chicanes, 400,000 Cr. for an unclean win

That's still (a bit less than depending on skill and whether one is on the PS4 or PS5) 600,000 Cr./hour without the CRB and (a bit less than) 900,000 Cr./hour with the CRB.

Nice 400k for 10 laps. Hope it's enough for a 24H cycle.

Should be around 30 minutes I guess.
No, it's average 39-41 minutes and does NOT pay accordingly.
The WTC 700 pays $550k and with the crb you get $825k for 30 minutes of racing, the WTC 900 pays 400k and with crb 600k for 10 laps at 40 minutes racing. You do the math it doesn't pay well.
It's 225k less than the GR.4 Le Mans, but hopefully a bit more fun to race with rain at night. That's if it's got the full magic at this event. Plus, I'll see about doing my own 24H.
The WTC 900 starts at Daybreak and finishes at Sunset there is no night racing and ask for rain I ran a completely dry race even though I saw some clouds and the weather radar.

Is the payout 400cr + 200cr Bonus ???
Yes it doesn't pay well you do better off doing the WTC 700 with $825k after 30 minutes instead of possible 600k for 40 minutes. Many things can kill the crb in the new race cuz I barely touched the car and I didn't get it

Cross-posting from the other thread:

Just did the new Le Mans race in the GT One.

-Did not get the CRB even though I never picked up a penalty or crashed. (Any ideas why that is?)
-Race goes from morning till late afternoon.
-I hit some very slight rain around lap 4 - not enough for a tire change though.
-The GT One is INSANE in VR - PD outdid themselves.
-The GT might be too fast for its class...

Back