Gran Turismo HD = Project Gotham Racing 3

• Thread starter VNAF Ace
  • 7 comments
United States
United States
VNAF Ace
Sony Site Snafu
Gran Turismo HD the next Project Gotham Racing?
by Hilary Goldstein

January 25, 2007
- The next-generation of consoles has arrived and Microsoft and Sony are on precipice of an all-out war of words. As executives from both companies jostle for an edge in public opinion, every mistake is certain to be blown out of proportion. And so it is that a graphic designer's ill-advised decision is going to put a dent in Sony's armor.

On the Sony-owned site PSP Connect, a large banner promising a Gran Turismo HD video preview uses a screenshot from Microsoft's Project Gotham Racing 3.

sony-site-snafu-20070125113336190.jpg

The image on top is from PGR 3 developer Bizarre Creation's website. It is clearly the same image used on the PSP Connect banner displayed on the bottom of our graphic.

Mistakes do happen and it's safe to assume Sony had no intention of using its competitors' arcade racing title to advertise Gran Turismo HD. The GT HD content this banner links to is actually by the marketing service MediaSpigot and not packaged by SCE or Sony Corp -- it's unknown who's responsible for the blundered banner itself. In a high-stakes battle for control of the next-gen gaming world, even innocent errors can become big news. Already, Microsoft's Major Nelson is reporting on the snafu as is IGN's sister site Team Xbox.

Years from now, Sony execs may be able to sit back and get a good laugh out of this. But in the midst of a battle that could decide the fate of an entire company, this is no laughing matter.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/758/758404p1.html
:lol:

That's pretty funny. Are we even going to get the Mclaren in GTHD? I was wondering why they both looked so similar when I first opened the page.

Article
But in the midst of a battle that could decide the fate of an entire company, this is no laughing matter.
:lol:!

Seriously, it's not like a mistake with a weedy banner on a forum is going to decide the fate of how well the PS3 will sell. :rolleyes:

Probably just a slip up by some 3rd party hire who was pretty lazy when he designed the site / banner. I'd be willing to be he's unemployed.

Back