Gran Turismo progress over the years

• Thread starter alienisko
  • 1 comments
Poland
Poland
alienisko
Do you feel that PD made any real progress with the game over the years?

I began playing GT on PS3 with Prologue version. Since then GT5, GT6, Sport and GT7 were released.

I don't feel that this game changed significantly over these 17 years. Track base is almost the same which is one of the most dissapioning things in GT7.
Physics, collisions, tuning options, single player game modes. I don't feel these things changed enough.
It's like with those games that are released every year.

PD promissed great weather simulation, but in the end we got rain and full 24h day clock only on few tracks.

Single player content is boring and small. I have gold on everything this games offers, so there is nothing more to play and still I miss about 150 cars. To collect them I would have to reapat event with best credit award over and over again. This is nuts.

I still love to play GT7, I manage an online league for over 11 years (we began in GT5, and we are still playing GT with short brake for Project CARS) so don't take my complaing as a hate post.
But still I have to address my dissapiontment on how GT is developed.

Now the lobbies. When you run online league it's essential to you.

Why on Earth tuning setttings and balance of performance are not separated? We can't just block tuning and turn balance of performance off. And because of that we can't drive stock Group cars. Alwyas horse powers and weight are changed. This so annoying.

It's hard to understand why they removed options like "reverse grid order" which were avaiable in previous games. Why we can't set obligatory pit stop which also was avaiable and is avaiable sometimes in GT7 sport challanges like Nations cup etc.

PD is so bad at user experinece here.

There are also bugs that they don't fix like the one where some pleyers start race on different hour and it sometimes happen that few of us drive in night, while other still have day.

It's really hard to tell if random wheater even works, bacuse we only once had rain during our league event. And it was few patches ago.

It would be nice if they increase number of players in lobby. After all Internet these days works way better and consoles are more powerful than GT5 era.

In conclusion, I feel PD does not improve GT (apart from graphics), and sometimes they even downgrade this game by removing useful features.

As stated before, I still love (I don't know why I do :D) this game and will play it but I don't believe any more that any future update or GT8 will make me say "wow, PD made excellent job". What about you guys?

Last edited:
agreed. simple things we've asked for yrs and nothing. simple things like, FOV settings, and hud options is always been an issue. zero updates for VR which infuriates me. i spent as much on the headset as i did the console. eye tracking in VR is a joke. if you look with your eyes only anywhere to the side its still blurry and you must fully turn your head. not natural and for the price im very disappointed. other VR games dont do this. this is a PD issue i think. also the credit system has bored me and taken the fun away at this point. tired of grinding la-sarth to advance. zero real endurance races or 24 hr races. this would be so easy to implement.

ill be going to PC on my next upgrade and leaving gt7 behind as PD has really wasted my time and money on this game. the credits are what really gets me. i feel cheated of my time everytime i play because itll take days of grinding to get a few more cars to advance. hell, id rather work on my real life hot rod then do this much longer. gonna be cool to install some more on my maverick irl.

ok im done crying

Last edited:
Back